View Single Post
Old 08-26-2006, 01:37 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
noahsally

thank you and sorry i posted twice!! i didn't think the first one made it through! i already know the answers I am looking for. Like I said, I have been through this over and over. I did cut my mom out of my life for 6 months last time she relapsed as I just couldn't deal with her disrupting my own family anymore at 2AM. Or wondering if she would really kill herself this time. Now, she and I are okay and she is doing just fine I am being forced to deal with my brother even though I want to cut him off completely. Because my mom lives with me and she wants to continue to help him with certain things I feel like I have to do it in order to keep the peace. To make matters worse, she hasn't found a job yet so she has no money coming in and no way to get her own place, no car so they are both dependent on me. I would bend over backwards for her, but I don't want to for him as long as he continues to destroy himself. I am definitely a peace keeper. I will avoid confrontation at all costs. I have always been that way, especially with my mother. Mostly because I wanted whatever time we shared to be nice. So, I do have some things to work on, I would probably benefit from seeing a therapist myself. I just feel like I shouldn't have to lose my mom in order to cut off my brother and I know it isn't going to work out that way.