Thread: Modafinil
View Single Post
Old 08-21-2006, 09:39 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  
Christian

hmm, im not sure, but my guess is no.

I think this works best for people who aer on the tired side usually. How many hours do you sleep a night? I often have problems getting to sleep (no meds taken into consideration), and stay up really late on internet forum, but then sleep all during the day. So I am not sure if that is considered insomnia, sicne I am getting a lot of sleep, just I can't fall asleep.

Buut, my guess is that the 2 would contradict eachother. Also, I think trazodone is a benzo ...

ok i jsut read up on trazodone, it is a SSRI and an antidepressant, not a benzo. So I dont think this would effect or have interactions with Modafinil.

But, if you say you are on the side of not getting enough sleep (is this what insomnia means? or does it simply imply abnormal sleep sched?), then probably Modafinil would not be optimal for you.

On the other hand, that you did have good results with Strattera shows a sign that you may benefit from this as well.

And, also I am in oyur shoes with the 'label' issue, manic-bi-polar-ptsd/add !

In actuality from someone I konw who works at a SPECT brain scan facility, the theory coming to the forfront now is that these are all related really to 'hot' and 'cold' areas in the brain. over and under stimulation in different areas. So at the clinic she works at, they refer to these all basically as 'mood disorders' and dont have all these individual names like bi-tri-polar-syndrome ext...

anyways, you might be able to obtain a sample or few doses and see how it goes for you with the trazodone. there is no clinical interactions, the only interaction with Modafinil is with women taking birth control hormonal contrceptives, since Modafinal makes them less effective apparently. It pays to do your own research and be informed!

so take this into consideration