Thread: Day 4
View Single Post
Old 08-10-2006, 09:07 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
LaTeeDa

(((LIFE)))

I know how hard it is. I went through almost exactly what you are going through a year ago. What helped me most is educating myself about alcoholism and specifically about the effects on those who love the alcoholic.

I would encourage you to read books on the subject. "Codependent No More" was very helpful to me. I also sought out counseling and am still going. Many here have found Al-anon to be helpful.

Just remember, you don't have to decide anything if you aren't ready to. It probably took years for your life to get this messed up. It will take some time to fix it.

If you like, go back and read some of my old posts/threads. You will see that our circumstances are similar.

My husband is now sober 9 months and we are still not living together. The damage that was done to our relationship, by BOTH of us, cannot be repaired overnight. I am hopeful that it can be repaired, though.

Best wishes to you and your children. (Also, you may want to seek counseling or some kind of support for them as well)

L