Thread: Day 4
View Single Post
Old 08-10-2006, 08:18 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
LIFEOUTTHERE

Unhappy Day 4

It has been 4 days since I left AH. He picked up the kids after school (he was not drinking at the time) and took them home with him to spend time with them. The baby seemed trilled to be back home, the other two, well not so much. I think they were nervous, thinking that we were coming home. I met them at McDonalds and got something to eat after I got off work and we ate quietly. When we got ready to leave he ask again when I was going to stop all the BS and come home. I told him as before, when the alcohol is gone. He said again he was trying and I did not smell it on his breath. He also said I cannot quit cold turkey, which I know that and I did not ask him to quit cold turkey, JUST TO TRY and as long as I knew he was trying I would be there for him. We did not argue, he told me he missed us and could not sleep at night. And then he left

QUESTIONS:

1. Should I still see him and let him know that I am still there for him and encourage him or leave him alone. (My parents think I should completely leave him alone and not speak to him or see him)

2. My sister called about a recovery center not far from home.(15 mins) Should I mention that to him and see if he might be interested or leave it alone and let him seek his own help.

3. Is is worth waiting on? I will always be there because we have our kids and I don't hate him, but is the marriage worth saving. I am not really sure if the tug in my heart is love or pity or just my need to pick up his pieces.

ANYWAY, I am not even sure if I make any since now. It has been a long week.

And my daughter still dislikes kindergarten. She was a big girl again today and did not shed any tears, but when I got to the van I cried for me and her both. I hope her day goes well today, I am not sure how much longer the 'one more day' routine is going to last. My boys have seemed to adjust well. They love it in the country with there grandparents. They love the wide open pasture and horses.