View Single Post
Old 07-09-2003, 06:40 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Nors

I did it! I went to an AA meeting.

Well, I made myself go to an AA meeting, it was actually a 12 step, closed discussion, womans only meeting. I felt stiff as a board in there! I felt really good that I did it! But, I did feel very uncomfortable. About 90% of the woman in there talked really different, hard for me to understand some stuff, and the experiences were so different, but yet some very similiar to mine. They're seemed to be mostly hard core city woman in there. A lot that walked the streets and used hard drugs. Im not saying anything about being better or anything like that. What I am saying is that, I want to feel like I can really relate. I want to feel comfortable, and I just have a hard time feeling that it can happen even later, unless I can at least relate to a person and where and how they were brought up. Im not use to the city and the people in the city. Is that wrong of me? How am I suppose to ever feel comfortable about opening up, when Im anxietic as it is and have been isolated from people too long? But, I can see myself really having fun with it with people Im comfortable with, and really getting into it like I want too.