Thread: Modafinil
View Single Post
Old 08-02-2006, 07:27 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Christian

modafinil

Thanks for replying Carol.

From what I understand, it can be mildly addicting, but not in the way that a narcotic like heroin or cocaine is addicting. It is extremely safe from my research. Do you have to pay full cost? From my research it is pretty expensive.

My problems is I sleep a lot and am tired/groggy a lot. When I took it the one time, this seemed to go away, I really felt good. I only took one dose, but over the next few days I did not withdrawl, but I did 'miss' the feeling/energy I had on it.

I am very optimistic about this drug! First it is not at all like any amphetamines or Ritalin, which I avoid like the plague. It seems to be very mild and reduces the amount of sleep one needs, however the good part is you CAN goto sleep on it, where an amphetamine or other may keep you wired and leave you unable to sleep.

My issue with it is, I am wondering if being on this drug can cause positive changes in my brain chemisty and eventually and hopefully soon leave me in a place where I am no longer needing to take this anymore. I am not sure, I dont want it to be something to turn a frog into a price, but back to a frog when one is not one it. I would like to to assist in recovery and brain chemistry changes long term, leading to the eventual termination of it.

So how long would you say havey ou been on it for? What happens (if ever) where you run out of skip a few days from taking it. Also, what dosage do you take? I think they come in 200mg pills, I have heard some people take 100 in the morening, and 100 half way through the day (split pill), but I know someone else who takes up to 600mg a day on certain days if he is exercising or doing other large tasks.

ok, well thanks for the replay, if anyone else has any personal information about this, go ahead and chime in at any point =]

-Christian