SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   What is Recovery? (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/what-recovery/)
-   -   Its time for recovery... (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/what-recovery/211151-its-time-recovery.html)

notalone 10-13-2010 11:45 PM

Its time for recovery...

Hey guys just wanted to here some of your stories, and have conversations on how we all got to sobriety. Lets get started!

Bamboozle 10-14-2010 03:28 AM

Welcome to SR, notalone.

I got and stayed sober with the help of SR, my therapist, and myself. The depression didn't go away with the alcohol (I'd been depressed at least a year before I'd started drinking). I find it difficult to cope with life, especially when my depression gets in control. I'm back on meds and I'm feeling better. I haven't had a suicidal thought in about five days and that is amazing. I think I need to stick with meds...I just get discouraged when something stops working, the depression then gets an edge and then I just don't care and let everything go to crap.

jamdls 10-14-2010 01:24 PM

After spending a week in the hospital with a hole in my liver from an RX drug overdose and being told that if I ever drank or took anything with acetaminophen in it again it could kill me I decided I should stop drinking and I did. I basically did it on my own, went to a few aa meetings and modified the steps to suit me, reconnected with me dad, after a 10+ yr estrangement, who had been sober for 20+ yrs and he became my biggest supporter and my best friend from 2000 miles away. My faith in God plays a huge role in my recovery and in life.

Boleo 10-14-2010 02:46 PM

Originally Posted by notalone (Post 2736775)

... how we all got to sobriety. Lets get started!

Stories of Recovery - SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

EllyMayClampett 10-22-2010 11:48 AM

Originally Posted by jamdls (Post 2737292)
After spending a week in the hospital with a hole in my liver from an RX drug overdose and being told that if I ever drank or took anything with acetaminophen in it again it could kill me I decided I should stop drinking and I did. I basically did it on my own, went to a few aa meetings and modified the steps to suit me, reconnected with me dad, after a 10+ yr estrangement, who had been sober for 20+ yrs and he became my biggest supporter and my best friend from 2000 miles away. My faith in God plays a huge role in my recovery and in life.

By your signature ... are you saying it was in 2007 that you quit? Is your liver ok now?

sampar 10-22-2010 12:24 PM

Hey,

For me Jan 09, i had enough & gave soberity my best shot, For me its AA 100% , that has kept me sober & sober minded (most of the time ).A day at a time is long enough for me,& its amazing how those days add up, by doing the right things. :hug:

jamdls 10-22-2010 12:28 PM

Originally Posted by EllyMayClampett (Post 2744222)
By your signature ... are you saying it was in 2007 that you quit? Is your liver ok now?

Yes I quit in 2007 and my liver is ok now -apparently it is an organ that can repair itself under the right circumstances i.e. no alcohol, I still can't take anything with acetaminophin in it but that's not an issue