Its time for recovery...

Old 10-13-2010, 11:45 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Its time for recovery...

Hey guys just wanted to here some of your stories, and have conversations on how we all got to sobriety. Lets get started!
Old 10-14-2010, 03:28 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
I got nothin'

Welcome to SR, notalone.

I got and stayed sober with the help of SR, my therapist, and myself. The depression didn't go away with the alcohol (I'd been depressed at least a year before I'd started drinking). I find it difficult to cope with life, especially when my depression gets in control. I'm back on meds and I'm feeling better. I haven't had a suicidal thought in about five days and that is amazing. I think I need to stick with meds...I just get discouraged when something stops working, the depression then gets an edge and then I just don't care and let everything go to crap.
Old 10-14-2010, 01:24 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

After spending a week in the hospital with a hole in my liver from an RX drug overdose and being told that if I ever drank or took anything with acetaminophen in it again it could kill me I decided I should stop drinking and I did. I basically did it on my own, went to a few aa meetings and modified the steps to suit me, reconnected with me dad, after a 10+ yr estrangement, who had been sober for 20+ yrs and he became my biggest supporter and my best friend from 2000 miles away. My faith in God plays a huge role in my recovery and in life.
Old 10-14-2010, 02:46 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Laozi Old Man

Originally Posted by notalone View Post

... how we all got to sobriety. Lets get started!
Stories of Recovery - SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information
Old 10-22-2010, 11:48 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by jamdls View Post
After spending a week in the hospital with a hole in my liver from an RX drug overdose and being told that if I ever drank or took anything with acetaminophen in it again it could kill me I decided I should stop drinking and I did. I basically did it on my own, went to a few aa meetings and modified the steps to suit me, reconnected with me dad, after a 10+ yr estrangement, who had been sober for 20+ yrs and he became my biggest supporter and my best friend from 2000 miles away. My faith in God plays a huge role in my recovery and in life.
By your signature ... are you saying it was in 2007 that you quit? Is your liver ok now?
Old 10-22-2010, 12:24 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Right Where I am Suppose to be

Hey,

For me Jan 09, i had enough & gave soberity my best shot, For me its AA 100% , that has kept me sober & sober minded (most of the time ).A day at a time is long enough for me,& its amazing how those days add up, by doing the right things.
Old 10-22-2010, 12:28 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by EllyMayClampett View Post
By your signature ... are you saying it was in 2007 that you quit? Is your liver ok now?
Yes I quit in 2007 and my liver is ok now -apparently it is an organ that can repair itself under the right circumstances i.e. no alcohol, I still can't take anything with acetaminophin in it but that's not an issue