SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Substance Abuse (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/substance-abuse/)
-   -   Can't seem to kick it:( (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/substance-abuse/202141-cant-seem-kick.html)

Videodrone32 06-08-2010 11:42 AM

Jist reread my post. I forgot to mention I read yogurt keeps cankersores away. It does:)

Videodrone32 06-08-2010 12:21 PM

:)

Tiredofdrugs 06-08-2010 12:24 PM

Hey Video:

If you need some inspiration. Go watch the link I've posted. It always perks me up. From having little to getting everything is what she got. I just love this and watch it quite often.

YouTube - Full Version. Susan Boyle - Britain's Got Talent.

TOD

Videodrone32 06-08-2010 12:29 PM

Thank you TOD. Gonna watch it right now:) I also reread this thread from beginning to end. It made me feel good to read how sick I was. I need to hold that close and respect it. An old timer told me the other day that he loves his diseease. He keeps it close and gives it respect. He knows the power it has. In a wierd way I understood that:) peace and love.

Videodrone32 06-08-2010 12:35 PM

Let me rephrase that. It was more along the lines of he knows what his disease is capable of.

FarawayFromCars 06-08-2010 12:48 PM

I want to thank all of you for your honest and candid responses to this post. I am the sister of an alcoholic (not in recovery), and I am working on understanding her disease; your posts have helped me a lot to see how this disease affects those who have it. Wishing you all good thoughts, peace, and love.

Videodrone32 06-08-2010 01:19 PM

Thank you for taking the time to read my journey. It was a horrible experience and proably one of the most rewarding personal journeys I have ever been on. Peace and love:)

Angelic17 06-08-2010 01:24 PM

Video, you have so much Love and Support on this site. We all understand what your going through. It's no picnic at first, but it sure does get a little better every day. Hang in there. The best is yet to come, and it's alright to be hungry. Eat and exercise. Exercise is great for opiate recovery. It gets the chemicals in your brain going again.
A little at a time. One day at a time. We are all here for you.

Videodrone32 06-08-2010 01:32 PM

Thanks. You know a big thing for me the first 3 days when I couldn't get up was this sight. I found it on my iPhone at it saved my bum:) Now 8 days in I'm recovering by leaps and bounds. Physically. I've already started reworking step 1 with my sponsor. I feel so greatful to be on this side of the river with you guys. I thought I was happy on the other side. I realized that was a lie. Then there was the deep waters of detox. Then the shallow water on the good side. I now feel as though I'm standing on the shore with people in recovery. I just need to listen and follow:) peace and love.

Angelic17 06-08-2010 01:42 PM

Never forget the suffering that your disease has brought to your life. If you do forget you might lose your recovery. If you remember all the problems associated with your addiction, you will definitely think before you put a pill in your mouth. It takes a very long time to get out of the relapse stage with opiates. Addiction is subject to relapse, and resistant to treatment at times. It's all up to you. You've worked so hard to get where you are. DON"T GIVE IT UP FOR ANYTHING< OR ANYONE. We are all proud of you here.

Videodrone32 06-08-2010 01:49 PM

You made me shed a tear:) Ive never experienced such support through a freaking web browser on a phone:) thnx.

Videodrone32 06-08-2010 02:19 PM

Also. I thinks important for anyone reading this going through the same thing to know that I'm into day 9. Technically 8 full days, and I worked a full 8 hours today. My legs don't hurt. I haven't taken Tylenol or motrin. This is a big deal to me. Even yesterday my legs hurt sooooooo bad:) peace and love.

Videodrone32 06-08-2010 02:20 PM

Think:)

Angelic17 06-08-2010 02:42 PM

9 days, WAY TO GO MAN!!!!!!!!!!!!! :ghug3 Without meds, or a doctor, or anything. Your a strong man. That little boy is a lucky kid. You will set a great example for him.

Videodrone32 06-08-2010 02:59 PM

:)

Tiredofdrugs 06-09-2010 12:59 AM

Video:
Thank goodness for all the technology today that we have at our finger tips now. You would have had to get into your car and drive somewhere to get a message to bring that tear to your face today you got from your iphone.

All of us addicts with some time under our belts, try to take others that are in our past histories shoes, under our wings to help guide you in the right direction. We are there for you to lean on and to cry with. Giving up that love affair you had with those pills, was damn hard. It takes all the other recovering addicts to step up to the plate, to try and help replace that lost love affair with good relations and healing comforts. Being new to the program also reminds us addicts with some clean time, just how/what it was like in our using days all over again. A place NONE of us want to be in again. We all rode the wild horse for awhile. Now it's time to retire the stallion to the pasture and close the gate. Feed him and love him. But NEVER ride him again. For he has seen better days and couldn't handle the ride now.

We all love our freedom. We can all only hope and pray for those still suffering that haven't found the freedom door as of yet. But I for one. Won't let those still in hell bring me back down to their level. I've been there too many times. I don't want to go back. I have way too many good things going right in my life by staying clean. I don't want to lose it to the pill in a bottle.

Congradulations on your nine days of clean time. Go eat a big piece of cake.

Videodrone32 06-09-2010 04:16 AM

Working on 10 days. Ugh. Still not sleeping good. Trying to stay positive about that. I'm very tired this morning. This to shall pass. Peace and love.

Angelic17 06-09-2010 09:05 AM

10 days, YAY!!!!!!!! Hang on, alot of ups and downs while your giving up a very powerful opiate. Your brain is going a mile a minute. Be patient. keep busy, and know we are all here for you. OH, and remember, nobody ever died from lack of sleep. This too shall pass my friend. It takes a good year and a half for your brain to go back to totally normal. The first few weeks are tough, but hey, your doing it. So keep moving forward, and don't give up a minute of your sobriety for anything, or anyone. :ghug3