SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Secular Connections (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/secular-connections/)
-   -   Where I am coming from (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/secular-connections/125781-where-i-am-coming.html)

Easy Tiger 06-11-2007 06:02 AM

Where I am coming from

Hi, as I am sitting here drinking a beer at 7am after calling in to work I figured I would go ahead and post.

I spent the last 3 months sober until finally the desire to get a buzz got the best of me. So here I am risking my life with alcohol again. Anyways, tomorrow will be day 1 again. I'll see if I can make it a little longer than 3 months this time.

On the bright side I didn't let myself get to far back into my drinking habit this time and hopefully can get back on my feet again relatively easy.

I look forward to reading/writing in the forums some more as I begin my recovery again.

tyler 06-11-2007 07:19 AM

Welcome to the SR forums, it's a great place for support, advice and just good conversation. I hope to see you around. Do you participate in any kind of recovery program, secular or 12-step. Just wondering. I personally have a jumble of different things I use to help myself, a major one being posting here. Personally I find it helpful NOT to count days. I just try to stay clean today, it's really the only day that matters. Guess that's one I picked up from the 12-step folks!! It works for me though. Take care.

parentrecovers 06-11-2007 08:03 AM

hey easy tiger,

how are you going to make it work this time - you going to aa or working any 12-step program? do you have sponsor?

nice to meet you, keep posting. and throw the beer out!

blessings, k

Zencat 06-11-2007 08:09 AM

Welcome Easy Tiger.

Good for you in choosing sobriety. Post as often as you like. Hope to see you around.

Grasshopper 06-11-2007 08:12 AM

Hi and welcome!!!!

Lunapro 06-11-2007 11:59 AM

Hi there Tiger! Welcome. I'm glad that you're making the choice to post here. Take care of yourself today.

applecider 07-13-2007 02:30 PM

its ok 2 slip up. dont be too hard on yourself. just get back up and try again. no one said it was going 2 be easy. u can do it

Nuudawn 07-14-2007 06:43 PM

Looking forward to your post tomorrow without beer in hand.
Keep on, keepin on. T

indigo 07-15-2007 12:47 AM

Welcome Easy, I'm glad you're choosing life. Welcome to SR.

Easy Tiger 08-24-2007 04:59 PM

Been a while since I have posted here. As you might have guest my last attempt to quit drinking was a failure....again, heh.

Anywho, I have 2 sober days under my belt right now and feel pretty good about it. I have the right frame of mind this time. That is to say, I am seriously pissed off right now about how I have let alcohol control me. I am ready to get my life back.

I even managed to get a hold of a bottle of campral to maybe make things a little easier. Honestly though, I feel that if I can just keep the attitude I have right now I am gonna make it quite a while this time.

Zencat 08-27-2007 07:29 PM

Way to go on 2 days clean Easy Tiger! :)

In my book attitude WAS the compelling force that got sober and IS keeping me sober today. I guess I don’t buy into all that jazz about how a person can’t get sober unless they have a HP or some other mysterious being/thingy, whatever, helping them.

What will also help is being proactive in your harmful addiction dependency recovery plan (you do have a plan?). Plus, being around supportive others that appreciate and respect your unique needs for recovery, whatever life affirming plan of action you have is indispensable.

Peace
Zencat