SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Newcomers to Recovery (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/)
-   -   Hop on the newbie Bus PART 2......it's getting ready to roll........ (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/93873-hop-newbie-bus-part-2-its-getting-ready-roll.html)

OVERIT 05-20-2006 04:56 AM

That bird is awesome!!!!! I love birds.

Hey Eddie, I think we need to have a bus party for Kev!

Happy Saturday everyone!

xoxoxo

Ang

eddie z. 05-20-2006 05:29 AM

Originally Posted by OVERIT
Hey Eddie, I think we need to have a bus party for Kev!

Absolutely!!

I'm a big bird person, too. Got that from my grandfather, I guess.

Love and hugs,
Eddie :brain

OVERIT 05-20-2006 05:50 AM

Hey Kev, we got you a present. It is 24K!

http://img118.imageshack.us/img118/8286/sobriety6qx.gif

nogard 05-20-2006 05:52 AM

I just got home from my Sat Night NA meeting, they gave a cake and a card and a Dagloo Oney Year Key Tag, they sang Happy birthday and I shared it was a great night, my sharing was all over the place as I was overwhelmed but I had a ball. Only slight let down was that the two people I was going with both cancelled. I hung around afterward and had a meal and coffee then got a small attack of the poor me's as I drove home alone, I am over that now and just so grateful for such a wonderful night.

I think you guys are just waking up over there on Sat Morning, while we head to bed on Sat night. Have a great day.

Kevin

nogard 05-20-2006 05:54 AM

wow thanks Ang thats beautiful :)

Kevin

OVERIT 05-20-2006 06:16 AM

Originally Posted by nogard
I just got home from my Sat Night NA meeting, they gave a cake and a card and a Dagloo Oney Year Key Tag, they sang Happy birthday and I shared it was a great night, my sharing was all over the place as I was overwhelmed but I had a ball. Only slight let down was that the two people I was going with both cancelled. I hung around afterward and had a meal and coffee then got a small attack of the poor me's as I drove home alone, I am over that now and just so grateful for such a wonderful night.

I think you guys are just waking up over there on Sat Morning, while we head to bed on Sat night. Have a great day.

Kevin

(((Kev)))

Good for you!

xo

Ang

OVERIT 05-20-2006 11:24 AM

Oh and a cake. Awww, but you see, it only looks like a cake. It is really a pinata~! Go ahead and put the blindfold on. You get the first swing. It is your party!

:boogy

eddie z. 05-20-2006 12:45 PM

:Val004:
Hey, Kevin!!
Check out the
Party thread!!
:c005:
Love and hugs,

OVERIT 05-20-2006 02:54 PM

Originally Posted by OVERIT
Oh and a cake. Awww, but you see, it only looks like a cake. It is really a pinata~! Go ahead and put the blindfold on. You get the first swing. It is your party!

:boogy

Oopps, here it is:

http://img230.imageshack.us/img230/763/cake0ue.jpg

Live 05-20-2006 03:04 PM

Sign me up, day one.

Luckyv2 05-20-2006 03:24 PM

Yep might as well sign me up here also already in day two here, but who is counting...just glad to be clean today that is all that counts...

Vic

OVERIT 05-20-2006 03:34 PM

(((Live)))

Whatever your day one is for, we are here for you.

Much love and hugs.

xo

Ang

OVERIT 05-20-2006 03:37 PM

Originally Posted by luckyv2
Yep might as well sign me up here also already in day two here, but who is counting...just glad to be clean today that is all that counts...

Vic

Stay strong Vic. You can do this.

xo

Ang

Luckyv2 05-20-2006 03:44 PM

Thanks Ang I will :beerchug: to that but let's make it Coke Cola OK>>>>:banana:

nogard 05-20-2006 05:18 PM

hey liveweyerd :) welcome to the Newbie Bus :)

Thanks Ang and eddie, I will save the cake for later its still early morning.

going to check out the party thread!!

Love Kevin

Live 05-20-2006 05:29 PM

Hi! Waving shyly. I need to skip the sugar and caffeine. I have decided that my prescribed anxiety med, xanax, is now no longer helpful and has caused a dependence such that with the withdrawals, I am an addict. Shoot, I was always one, see me smoking like a chimney. I have always thought that my usage of alcohol and other things were recreational and disposable. Guess I still think so cause I don't want them. But the detox off the benzo has me scared.
Anyway....hey, eat cake.....I will follow the party.

OVERIT 05-20-2006 06:30 PM

Originally Posted by liveweyerd
Hi! Waving shyly. I need to skip the sugar and caffeine. I have decided that my prescribed anxiety med, xanax, is now no longer helpful and has caused a dependence such that with the withdrawals, I am an addict. Shoot, I was always one, see me smoking like a chimney. I have always thought that my usage of alcohol and other things were recreational and disposable. Guess I still think so cause I don't want them. But the detox off the benzo has me scared.
Anyway....hey, eat cake.....I will follow the party.

I'm scared too. Let's be scared togehter.

Much love ~

Ang

Live 05-20-2006 06:43 PM

That's really funny! Thanks! The cold turkey hasn't kicked in yet and I will make arrangements to taper off. It is my life I have to get straightened out.
In a couple of days I will be whimpering and afraid of my own shadow and startling at anything and everything. That won't be funny. But I am going to enjoy my sense of humor while I still have one today. now, enough of hijacking this thread...thank you everyone for the welcomes!

eddie z. 05-21-2006 05:04 AM

Hey, live!! Yes, please don't go cold turkey off Xanax. That can actually be dangerous as well as most unpleasant. Tapering is absolutely necessary for benzos. I suggest working closely with a professional during this time. I'll be thinking of you!!

And live, I'm still smoking and doing caffeine, BUT I am over 90 days abstinent from sugar!! I feel great and have lost over 30 pounds, too. I'm doing OA, South Beach Diet, and plenty of exercise. I wish you the best with that, too!!

Love and hugs,

Lunkker 05-21-2006 05:51 AM

Hi y'all. Do you accept transfers?

If it's the newbie bus, why does everyone have a couple thousand posts? :-)