SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Newcomers to Recovery (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/)
-   -   Day 1 again. (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/462584-day-1-again.html)

MKRN 05-06-2023 09:41 PM

Thank you! Day 6 done. Tomorrow will be a week, so yay for that. My child is at prom and I am anxiously waiting for her to get home to a friend's house, praying for good decisions.

AL48 05-07-2023 12:04 AM

Welcome MKRN. It must have been a tough first week for you. So sorry you had this loss but good that you were there sober to support your friend.
Keep posting, reading and come here every day for help when needed. I found myself that this community was and still is a great help for me. It was another day 1 back then and finding people who understood and knew what i felt what i was going through was all the encouragement i needed.

As for your trip to Ireland there are so many things to do that don't involve the pub which i only recently began to discover again myself, i hope you enjoy your upcoming trip here.

Hawkeye13 05-07-2023 05:34 AM

Happy Week 1 MKRN! How are you, and how was your kid’s prom?

MKRN 05-07-2023 07:33 AM

Al48 thanks for that, we are so excited. The only alcohol based tour my travel agent has planned is the Jameson Distillery. I am not a fan of whiskey and I should be good with that. I do appreciate how things are made so it will be interesting. Any tips for our visit? I am just taking one day at a time and putting one foot in front of the other.

Hawkeye13, the girls made it home safely from the prom and I did not have to go and pick them up from the after party. I told them I would no questions asked and waited on standby. It was tough staying up so late, but did that all the time while drinking, so weird how drinking even changes our perception of time. I was able to be a responsible adult for my children and her friends and that felt great.

Day 7 and still having night sweats but other than that my symptoms are minimal thank goodness. Have not made it to a week in at least 3 years so cheers to that. Hope everyone is having a lovely sober day!

Hevyn 05-07-2023 09:18 AM

7 days free of it - what wonderful news, MKRN. :)

I would love a re-do of my trip to Europe years ago. I wasn't sharp - numb half of the time - & missed doing a lot of things I meant to. You'll have a clear head to take in everything - it sounds very exciting. Such a beautiful place.

AL48 05-07-2023 02:26 PM

[QUOTE=MKRN;7930350]Al48 thanks for that, we are so excited. The only alcohol based tour my travel agent has planned is the Jameson Distillery. I am not a fan of whiskey and I should be good with that. I do appreciate how things are made so it will be interesting. Any tips for our visit?

Cobh is a must with you being so close. Its a lovely town with lots of history and the last port of call for the Titanic. Great tours there.hope you have a great time.

Hawkeye13 05-07-2023 02:31 PM

I have done the Jameson tour and it will be OK—just don’t raise your hand at the beginning when they ask for volunteers because those are the people who do the tasting at the end if it is the same. The tour itself, and the surrounding area, are very interesting alcohol-free. I also suggest eating before you go, taking some snacks and a soft drink in your bag in case you get cravings.