SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Newcomers to Recovery (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/)
-   -   Sunshine after the storm ~ Weekenders 25 - 28 February 2022 (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/457795-sunshine-after-storm-weekenders-25-28-february-2022-a.html)

Mags1 02-24-2022 08:16 PM

Hiya Weekenders:wave:

Happy Birthday CBS, you’re a Seenager! :bc3

AthensDawg congratulations on 106 days :You_Rock_, and your new job too! :c011:

Love to all Weekenders xxxx

least 02-24-2022 08:24 PM

I used to be a Seenager, now I'm a Septuagenarian. :) Sure started off with a bang...

We're getting freezing rain right now, supposed to change to a "wintry mix" of snow and freezing rain. :dee Bro lives out in the sticks and I worry about his long commute to work. (25miles) I hope the roads have been salted by the time he goes to work.

Forwards 02-24-2022 08:41 PM

Morning Mags - you're up early! Thanks for the thread - we all needed some sunshine after the storms... There are daffodils out everywhere here and spring is coming. Anyway, I'm most certainly in for another sober weekend.

So, things in my world are ticking along OK with plenty of work to keep me busy. I hadn't expected to wake up to land war in Europe yesterday though. The BBC's live broadcast by Katya Adler as the air raid sirens suddenly wailed in Kyiv sent a chill through my spine.

Happy birthday CBS, care MLD, prayers Manta, thanks Sao for the cheery song and well done to all those chalking up the days....

Warm wishes to all. Forwards.

Mags1 02-24-2022 09:10 PM

Morning Forwards! I’m a bit of an early bird, like it when it’s light at 4 even more. :) Glad all is well and work is good. :)

Mags1 02-24-2022 09:18 PM

Least I’d not heard of Septuagenarian until just now. Sounds rather grand. I wonder what 80’s and 90’s are. :dunno:

calmself 02-24-2022 10:18 PM

End of Day 103 - again the toxic work nonsense showed up today. I could have used this as an excuse to my wife and got few beers but it would have made me even more depressed. Instead I created a list of companies that I should apply for and feel much better I have a plan.

Congrats to all milestones today! Good night from Seattle.

Mags1 02-24-2022 10:22 PM

Calmself good stuff! Congratulations on 103! :) Goodnight. :)

Kaily 02-25-2022 12:40 AM

The suns out!

Happy Birthday CBS ~ 60, I thought wow that's old then remembered next year I will be the same.

Hope you feel better today MLD.

Hope you managed to get some sleep, Manta.

Forwards, I agree the news is absolutely shocking.

I put some bread out for the birds, along with their seeds and nuts. Along came a squirrel that couldn't stuff it in his mouth quick enough, despite I think, feeling full. He reminded me of me yesterday evening stuffing a whole packet of chocolate biscuits and not stopping till they had all gone despite feeling sick. :rolleyes2

Willow00 02-25-2022 01:20 AM

((((Manta)))) ❤️ :hug: sending you so much love and hugs and prayers ❤️

happy birthday CBS :)

Well done on the sober milestones everyone :)

thanks Mags :) I’m here for a sober weekend too x

Cityboy 02-25-2022 02:58 AM

Manta, how are you today. Prayer sent for you.

Kaily, I'm sure the squirrel appreciates it.

CBS, love the pictures. Happy birthday! I'll be 60 soon as well, but feel much better than I did 10 years ago. Sorry to hear of your mom's dementia. My mom is in a similar situation. You must live somewhat near my brother in Raleigh.

Reid, that sounds like a positive step forward.

MantaLady 02-25-2022 03:43 AM

It’s an absolutely beautiful day here and definitely needed after the last few weeks of rain and wind. Hope everyone has a good day! xx

Leshar 02-25-2022 07:10 AM

Originally Posted by Kaily (Post 7771504)
The suns out!

Happy Birthday CBS ~ 60, I thought wow that's old then remembered next year I will be the same.

Hope you feel better today MLD.

Hope you managed to get some sleep, Manta.

Forwards, I agree the news is absolutely shocking.

I put some bread out for the birds, along with their seeds and nuts. Along came a squirrel that couldn't stuff it in his mouth quick enough, despite I think, feeling full. He reminded me of me yesterday evening stuffing a whole packet of chocolate biscuits and not stopping till they had all gone despite feeling sick. :rolleyes2

Kaily, squirrels are a menace! They've destroyed 2 finch feeders in my garden in the last two weeks, one after the other. I will have to spring for a more expensive sturdier one. I am fond of chipmunks though. They feed under the bird feeder. Even though they destroy my lawn, I forgive them.
Mags, I like the word "seenager"!

Kaily 02-25-2022 08:47 AM

I don't get many chipmunks in my garden :lol:. Alfies eyes would pop out of his head in disbelief if he saw one. He loves a small furry!

I bought a squirrel proof feeder like this

https://i.postimg.cc/6pDkxNxg/wildbi...er-compact.jpg
The first day I used it the squirrel came along, opened the lid and ate the food. :willy

calmself 02-25-2022 08:55 AM

Originally Posted by Mags1 (Post 7771484)
Calmself good stuff! Congratulations on 103! :) Goodnight. :)

Thanks, Mags!! GM all !

saoutchik 02-25-2022 09:42 AM

HAPPY BIRTHDAY CBS! :hb1

Congratulations on your new job AthensDawg!

Great song by the Temptations - I think they were still going a couple of years ago. I'm sure they we4e playing in London somewhere. I doubt if there are any original members anymore.

A ground war in Europe in 2022, you would think people would know better by now.

On the bright side - Squirrels!

least 02-25-2022 09:52 AM

Love the Mission Impossible squirrel. :) They are very smart little critters. :)

Mags, I think the words for 80s and 90s I can't spell them but here they are.

Centenarians, seniors, and other words for old people
  • a person who is between 70 and 79 years old is a septuagenarian.
  • a person who is between 80 and 89 years old is an octogenarian.
  • a person who is between 90 and 99 years old is a nonagenarian.

Leshar 02-25-2022 11:04 AM

Saout, thanks for the vid! Laugh out loud hilarious!
I like the word "elders" to describe a person 60 plus. It's a word that has the connotation of wisdom. And I remember my parents telling me, as a child, to respect my "elders and betters." I just wish I had had the wisdom to know that alcohol was destroying me, years before.

CBS62 02-25-2022 11:04 AM

Squirrels. I have a love hate relationship with them. Sao that is a great video. I think I have seen it before.

Least about that feather in my picture. I really don't know what it is but thought it was beautiful.

MesaMan 02-25-2022 12:22 PM

A chilly, sunny Day here. Temps climb steadily over the next Week, so we'll take it.

Today started with delivering a Parcel ~2 Miles up the Road to the correct House. Somehow, it got dropped off at a Neighbor's last Night. Who called me to come retrieve it. Nice gesture. Except, it wasn't our address on the Parcel. I'd met the rightful Parcel Owner some Years ago, so we caught up a bit this Morning while chatting on the Ice-covered Porch of his Log Cabin in 16 F [-9 C] Degrees.

I pulled our Guest Bath Toilet to replace the leaking Wax Seal under it, and didn't crack anything. Including my Back. So, I'm coasting today on my Cosmic Luck. Heavy, awkward, Muscle-taxing work that caused me to do some Egyptian-style leverage tricks with Wood Blocks, and a Dolly. Mebbe I'll start calling myself a GenericGenerian.

MesaPup is in a chill mood, too. Another fine Day to skip all the Drama, and just revel in Sobriety. As blistering Guitarist Walter Trout also does now on his 2nd, transplanted Liver.

Thanks, Mags...

'Long Tall Sally' ~ Walter Trout ~ Live

https://i.postimg.cc/bwDvCvWS/Cozmo-Schnoot-2.jpg

Leshar 02-25-2022 12:49 PM

Mesapup is so adorable! I just want to reach in and pet him.