SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Newcomers to Recovery (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/)
-   -   Well I've hit s new low (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/457252-well-ive-hit-s-new-low.html)

freedomfries 01-21-2022 02:25 AM

Well I've hit s new low

esrrested. Given a court summons. First thing I did was shoplifted mouthwash and hand sanitizer.

This feels like bottom. Only way to to from here is up. I'm going to finish the hand sanitizer and start applying for some jobs. A drunk guy said yesterday as Ieft the station "2022 is gonna be your year". Maybe he's right.

doggonecarl 01-21-2022 02:39 AM

Originally Posted by freedomfries (Post 7754961)
esrrested. Given a court summons. First thing I did was shoplifted mouthwash and hand sanitizer.

This feels like bottom. Only way to to from here is up. I'm going to finish the hand sanitizer and start applying for some jobs. A drunk guy said yesterday as Ieft the station "2022 is gonna be your year". Maybe he's right.

Drinking what you stole might be lower than getting arrested for it.

I hope you can start making the decisions you need to make 2022 "your year".

Wastinglife 01-21-2022 03:47 AM

So you weren't arrested for shoplifting? What was the arrest for then?

UNITE4STRENGTH 01-21-2022 03:47 AM

Please find a way FF. It really is the only option. Don't go back. Look forward and make that firm decision. Drunk life is never any good and it only gets worse mate, it's a progressive condition. Find all the strength and courage that you can and look for sober support in your area. You can do this!!! Please do.

MythOfSisyphus 01-21-2022 04:00 AM

Time for a change, Freedomfries!:grouphug:

MrPL 01-21-2022 04:01 AM

Hi FF - sorry this happened, but you do need a solid plan to go up from there.

You can do this, put your mind to it, focus and act. The rest will follow.

Triggered 01-21-2022 04:28 AM

A run in with the police finally broke my resistance to choosing abstinence.

Allow this valuable lesson to break yours too

Mizz 01-21-2022 05:47 AM

I don't even know what anyone is supposed to say to you that has not already been said a million times.

BornToBeSober 01-21-2022 06:07 AM

The bottom is usually death if you are a true alcoholic. So dont think you cant go any further down because you certainly can.

If I were you I'd make long term sobriety my number 1 priority.. I'd consider rehab, whatever it takes!

Hawkeye13 01-21-2022 06:45 AM

Jail is one way to get sober, and death is another.

I think you need more of a solution then applying for a job at this point freedom—some sort of inpatient treatment and outside support to a much deeper level than you have now. If you need to get on waiting lists, etc., do so, and don’t dismiss it as impossible. Maybe ask your parents to help you in this process?

calmself 01-21-2022 07:11 AM

FF, You were part of our class and doing well. Shocking to read this. Can you tell us why you decided to shop lift ? Was it under influence?

And please put the hand sanitizer down, it contains dangerous chemicals. Even a drop of Methanol can cause permanent blindness as it damages the optic nerves. We keep reading horror stories about this in the news. Please...

venuscat 01-21-2022 07:13 AM

I really hope that you can talk to your parents and organise to do inpatient treatment at a rehab. I really think you need it dear FF. I think you need to learn to love yourself and to value your life. I think that is where change lies. I know that is where hope is. :hug: ❤️

Anna 01-21-2022 07:43 AM

I hope you decide to take care of yourself, FF.

gatorman 01-21-2022 09:14 AM

I can’t imagine stealing hand sanitizer much less drinking it. I hope you get the help you need.

Surrendered19 01-21-2022 09:48 AM

FF, the title of your post is "Well I've hit a new low" and yet you have future plans to drink hand sanitizer. You haven't quite hit the new low yet if those are your plans.

C'mon man, dump that crap down the drain, for f... sake.

LadyBug66 01-21-2022 10:05 AM

No judgement here....why would someone choose to drink mouthwash or hand sanitizer over booze? That just sounds yucky and dangerous.

Hevyn 01-21-2022 10:38 AM

FF - I'm sorry for the painful time you're going through, but glad you posted.
This absolutely can be the end of the nightmare. I had some awful things happen just before I quit forever. 15 yrs. later, I still have never forgotten the horror of what I put myself through. It can end now. We are here to help.

least 01-21-2022 11:55 AM

You don't have to 'finish' the hand sanitizer. Dump it, and the mouthwash, and get some real help, like inpatient rehab.

Triggered 01-21-2022 11:59 AM

keep posting FF..we're here for you mate

Dee74 01-21-2022 12:18 PM

I’m sorry for what happened FF.
I think you need to act to save your life now man.

Real decisive action is needed.

I hope you mean ‘finish with’ rather than finish, otherwise you’ll find you still have even farther to fall :(

D