SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Newcomers to Recovery (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/)
-   -   Day 2 (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/456118-day-2-a.html)

Karamazov 11-02-2021 09:11 AM

It really means a lot to me to feel your support. Thank you! 😊

Dee74 11-02-2021 04:44 PM

well done on day 3 :)

D

least 11-02-2021 04:48 PM

Day three is good! :) Keep going! :)

Karamazov 11-03-2021 07:46 AM

Day 4

Phew! Got a good sleep last night despite waking up 5-6 times. A broken sleep is 1000x better than a drunk sleep (pass out)!

dustyfox 11-03-2021 11:26 AM

Brilliant job on day 4 - I had terrible sleep for the first two months of sobriety but even so, it WAS as you say better than a drunk sleep. Ready for the weekend? Is it going to be a problem for you? Plans? Keep going.....!!

Karamazov 11-03-2021 12:47 PM

Originally Posted by dustyfox (Post 7720755)
Brilliant job on day 4 - I had terrible sleep for the first two months of sobriety but even so, it WAS as you say better than a drunk sleep. Ready for the weekend? Is it going to be a problem for you? Plans? Keep going.....!!

Thanks Dusty... How is your sleeping now? It must be a great feeling which I forgotten how it feels!! Friday is a massive trigger for me but for once I'm not giving my permission at all. By being passive I always failed so I'm going to actively block the weekend just to get the golden week under my belt... to get me that bit of distance!

Robbie64 11-03-2021 01:40 PM

Congratulations on day 4! Don't forget we have a weekly Weekend thread at SR and it's especially aimed at people who struggle to stay alcohol free at the weekend. It's worth posting in there (the new thread will be posted sometime tomorrow). Also by the end of the weekend you will have a full week under your belt!

dustyfox 11-03-2021 04:20 PM

Karamazov - it is essential to be mentally ready for Friday and the weekend - it was huge for me too - you need to have a plan. For me checking in here, reading old threads, posting, making sure I got through the 'witching ' hour of Friday - wow it felt good on Monday morning... You are right about being passive...that does not work! For me I have had to take a very active role in my own recovery, it's a job in itself, but the challenge/struggle/ however you see it, will strengthen your focus and resolve to succeed.

VikingGF 11-03-2021 04:50 PM

Congrats on day 4! Do make a good plan for the weekend, plenty of distractions and a preferred soft beverage available. Come here- join the Weekender's thread, post as much as you need and plan some movies or time outside if you like that. Mix up your regular routine the most you can. The feeling of that first sober weekend is some powerful stuff- you can do it.

Karamazov 11-05-2021 08:08 AM

Day 6

I'm feeling okay for a Friday. Usually I'd be crumbling about now but will stand firm; not suggest, imagine, negotiate, compromise or give any permission; justified or unjustified (always unjustified); and just let it go for another day :amen:

Karamazov 11-05-2021 08:11 AM

Originally Posted by VikingGF (Post 7720833)
Congrats on day 4! Do make a good plan for the weekend, plenty of distractions and a preferred soft beverage available. Come here- join the Weekender's thread, post as much as you need and plan some movies or time outside if you like that. Mix up your regular routine the most you can. The feeling of that first sober weekend is some powerful stuff- you can do it.

Thanks Viking... I love the idea of a sober weekend and having that behind me is a big step!! Will be watching some movies 🎬

Triggered 11-05-2021 08:29 AM

Originally Posted by Karamazov (Post 7721487)
Thanks Viking... I love the idea of a sober weekend and having that behind me is a big step!! Will be watching some movies 🎬

Ok....now you did it.... you are now officially in charge of starting a movie thread on here..

Start with the movies you'll watch this weekend..

go on then...get busy :)

Karamazov 11-05-2021 09:10 AM

Originally Posted by Triggered (Post 7721490)
Ok....now you did it.... you are now officially in charge of starting a movie thread on here..

Start with the movies you'll watch this weekend..

go on then...get busy :)

Okay, not a problem. Was thinking of:

Joker
Avengers IW & Endgame
TV: It's always sunny in philadelphia (my favorite show of all time) :c015:

Triggered?

advbike 11-05-2021 09:18 AM

You can do it Karamazov! Get through this weekend and they will get easier from here on out.

Some exercise might help also?

Triggered 11-05-2021 09:24 AM

yeah I'm triggered....until I can address my issues then I wont be triggered any more lol

Loved Joker and wife is a big fan of the Avengers (or is that Chris Hemsworth? lol)

Havent seen It's always sunny yet....might give it a try... thanks for the recommendation :)

Anyone else have movies they like?... My favs include Angel Heart (bit dated now), Zodiac, oh...and I loved Squid game lol

dustyfox 11-05-2021 09:55 AM

Yay a film thread would be great
I watched Joker 3 times! It was fantastic!
The other film I watched 3 times, I think the same year, was A star is Born !
The film I just watched and enjoyed, didn't think I would, was the disney remake of Cruella!
Anyway great job Karamazov - you right just let it go for today, no drinking, no negotiating!

saoutchik 11-05-2021 10:38 AM

Congratulations on 4 days karamazov!

Those early days are tough but you'll be so glad you got through them.

Karamazov 11-07-2021 12:59 AM

Day 8

Originally Posted by saoutchik (Post 7721542)
Congratulations on 4 days karamazov!

Those early days are tough but you'll be so glad you got through them.

Thanks SC... its Day 8 and Sunday and was thinking of the song by Kris Kristofferson/Johnny Cash called Sunday Morning Coming Down. How many times I've heard and felt that myself now not feeling it or anxiety or anything like it on Sunday! Feeling very grateful that both triggers days Friday and Saturday are done for first week 🙌

Dee74 11-07-2021 01:23 AM

Way to go Karamazov :)

D

Robbie64 11-07-2021 01:50 AM

Congratulations on day 8 Karamazov :)