SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Newcomers to Recovery (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/)
-   -   I'm in terrible pain from sciatica but no desire to drink (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/455739-im-terrible-pain-sciatica-but-no-desire-drink.html)

venuscat 09-30-2021 06:23 AM

I am so sorry love. You are off to the doc now yes? :hug: s

lyddie 09-30-2021 06:31 AM

((( Gentle, very gentle HUGS )) Sending you warm healing thoughts. Hoping the MD appt went well.

least 09-30-2021 09:31 AM

He gave me more shots and a scrip for tramadol. nurse said the shot(s) would start working in a half hour but no relief yet. waiting for the taxi driver (or my neighbor) to bring me my scrips. this is the worst pain i've ever had.

doctor ordered an MRI if my insurance approves it. He also referred me to the pain doc i saw before.

least 09-30-2021 09:43 AM

neighbor got my scrips and will bring them to me. This pain is unbearable.

least 09-30-2021 10:00 AM

no scrip for tramadol, but for diclofenac. just took one. this is unbearable.

Hevyn 09-30-2021 10:48 AM

Hoping you have relief from the new meds, Least. :hug:

least 09-30-2021 11:01 AM

doctor did prescribe tramadol but my insurance doesn't cover it so they didn't give it to me. I called the drug store and asked if I could get it if I paid for it and he said yes. I sent bro an email asking to please pick it up after work and pay the co pay of $20 I need relief now. :(

least 09-30-2021 11:18 AM

i can't wait for bro to bring it to me. called my neighbor and asked him if he would get it for me and i'd pay him back when i got my check tomorrow.

the shots they gave me at the office seem to be working as I feel just slightly better, a tiny bit.

venuscat 09-30-2021 11:32 AM

I am worried about the amount of meds you are taking at once. :hug: s

fishkiller 09-30-2021 11:48 AM

Hope the meds help soon.
Wish there was something we could do.
Sending healing thoughts

least 09-30-2021 11:57 AM

suze, i'm just taking what he prescribed for me.

my neighbor should be here in a while with my pain med. i must say that the shots they gave me seem to be working now. The pain is slightly less intense.

suki44883 09-30-2021 11:58 AM

I am so glad to hear you are finally feeling some relief. :)

least 09-30-2021 01:38 PM

the tramadol seems to be helping a bit. The pain is not as intense. Called the pain doctor and left a message. I hope they call me tomorrow. I need to make an appt so I can call my insurance company for rides to and from his office.

Billie is trying to help. She gets up in my lap and lays there and licks my hands. :) She thinks her kisses should cure me. ;)

dustyfox 09-30-2021 02:26 PM

Billie is an excellent nurse, I am sure her kisses have some kind of magical properties! I do hope the meds help to ease your pain.

least 09-30-2021 03:07 PM

her kisses don't help with physical ailments but they sure do wonders for my soul. :)

my beloved brother came by after work and fed my strays, fed Billie, and filled the water dishes for the critters. and took the trash out. He's such a good brother.

Billie eagerly ate her supper after not getting any breakfast. she is such a good girl and she soothes my soul. :hug:

when the pain began, there were no thoughts of drinking it away cause I know that would create problems on top of the problems I have now. and besides, i love my sober life and wouldn't give it up for anything. :)

anxiousrock 09-30-2021 05:33 PM

Definitely thinking of you! I hope it lessens. Can't imagine how you feel right now.

CBS62 09-30-2021 05:53 PM

So glad you have neighbors and family helping you and your precious Billie. I hope the meds continue to give relief. 😊

CaptainHaddock 09-30-2021 06:29 PM

Thinking of you least. It’s good to hear that the meds have brought about at least some respite from the pain and that you have some support at home.

Hoping the pain doc will have some suggestions. I guess if there was a sudden onset or increased intensity of the pain they should be able to determine and address the cause. Best wishes to you and Billie!

least 09-30-2021 06:43 PM

Feeling some better, at least for a while. Also want to thank all my friends here for their support and friendship. :grouphug: You mean the world to me! :)

tursiops999 09-30-2021 08:43 PM

Hoping for continued relief and healing, Least.