SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Newcomers to Recovery (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/)
-   -   Flow In, Flow Out, Weekenders, January 29 - 01 February 2021 (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/452031-flow-flow-out-weekenders-january-29-01-february-2021-a.html)

Mags1 01-28-2021 07:06 PM

Marty, glad the test went well. Over here we have a tonsil swab then a nasal swab. :dunno:

Good to see you Forwards :)

Caramel, beautifully said by Tennyson. :tyou

Hi Leigh, hope you’re well. :)

least 01-28-2021 07:24 PM

Yes, I think Kathy would like and understand "Crossing the Bar". :hug: I miss her but I am comforted that she's in heaven now and is petting my sweet old man, Jack. She said she would and I believe she keeps her word. :hug:

I'm in for another sober weekend. :) Thinking back on my drinking days, I don't understand how I could have done that to myself. :( Ah well, I'm not doing it anymore. :)

Mags1 01-28-2021 07:28 PM

Congratulations on shotgun Andy :c011:

theVman31 01-28-2021 09:30 PM

I'm in for another.
Thanks Mags for the OP (Gilmer too...)

Tomorrow is mini vman's Birthday. 8 big ones. Years fly by.

It's been so wet that going walking and outside generally has been tricky. Waiting for some better weather which will flow in too soon enough I hope.

Coffee time.

Bisous
Vinny

PhoenixJ 01-28-2021 11:24 PM

Thanks Mags

Kaily 01-28-2021 11:33 PM

Morning,

Hope MiniV has a great day tomorrow.

Glad all is well Forwards, always good to see you.

For some reason I am craving Marmite. Not eaten it for many years, off to the supermarket to get some. Better than chocolate I guess.

I had a covid lateral flow test the other day as I was coughing a bit. I didn't really think I had it but was passing a testing station so thought, why not. I got the all clear within the hour. Still coughing though.

Someone I know has had her first jab and is only 64, I thought we were still on the over 70's but great if we are ahead of schedule.

Robbie64 01-29-2021 12:16 AM

Morning all :wavey:

A Happy Birthday to MiniV for tomorrow.

Marty and Kaily, good to hear you both got all the all clear. Urgh to Marmite Kaily, I don't even like the look of it never mind the taste!

As for the weather here: yesterday it rained all day. It's raining again now. At least I've got plenty to do to keep me indoors.

Mags1 01-29-2021 01:57 AM

Happy birthday to mini VMan tomorrow :birthday

Kaily wow, that’s quick to have the result in one hour. Pleased you’re ok too. Maybe your friend is getting jab due to an underlying health condition :dunno: that’s why I’m getting mine tomorrow. but yeah, great if they’re ahead of schedule. :)

Robbie, I’ll send some sun up to you, it’s lovely here at the moment. :)

anxiousrock 01-29-2021 02:06 AM

Oops commented on the wrong weekenders! I am 4 weeks today, welcoming the weekend.
its 4am and I am starving, and can't sleep, though :(

owen90 01-29-2021 03:10 AM

Hello, weekenders. It's good to be here. Looking forward to a sober weekend with you all

Erica375 01-29-2021 03:16 AM

Originally Posted by Mags1 (Post 7582829)
Erica, it’s been raining most of the day here, but at least it’s not icy for a change. :)
:)

It's down in the single digits (°F) here, so I have the taps dripping and went next door to let my neighbors' taps drip, too. (They're visiting their children in another, warmer state.)
Looks like I'll have to do it again Saturday and Sunday, too. And I think there might be a snowstorm on the way. I'm by the coast so we usually don't get as much snow as inland (fingers crossed).
Already daydreaming of spring.

biminiblue 01-29-2021 03:39 AM

Caramel, that Tennyson poem was so beautiful - it's been many years since I read it. Thanks for that.

Congrats on Four Weeks, anxiousrock.

It's still dark in the eagle pasture. :) Fluffballs asleep.

Mizz 01-29-2021 04:44 AM

Originally Posted by biminiblue (Post 7583194)
It's still dark in the eagle pasture. :) Fluffballs asleep.

I have the cam up at my workstation. I check in every hour or so. It is such a cool thing to watch those little ones growing. Those parents are such good caretakers! Thank you for sharing this with all of us. It is something to look forward too. I prefer the Eagle Cam over all other events in the world.

Mags1 01-29-2021 06:11 AM

Erica, it’s best to safer with the taps. :) I’ll join you on the daydreaming of spring. 🌺🌸🌼🌻

Owen, good to see you.

Bim awwww so lovely eaglets. ❤️ Thanks again Bim. :)

I agree Mizz, it’s good to see them.

Robbie64 01-29-2021 07:50 AM

Samantha, congratulations on 4 weeks.

Hello Owen :wave:

I'm enjoying the Eagle cam. I've just watched it and it's feeding time.

I've finished my house cleaning chores for today ahead of my house getting redecorated from Monday. My upper arms and shoulders are starting to ache. Only 2 more days of cleaning to go. Had I been less lazy I could have been finished by now and would have been able to relax for the weekend but I'm only deep cleaning one room per day.

Mags1 01-29-2021 08:35 AM

Congratulations on 4 weeks Samantha :You_Rock_

Robbie, it’ll feel like you’ve had a workout by Monday :)

Caramel 01-29-2021 11:07 AM

Kaily, I think Marmite is one of those things that if it calls to you, you need it.

Another food that does that to me is sardines. :)

Robbie64 01-29-2021 12:55 PM

Originally Posted by Caramel (Post 7583366)
Kaily, I think Marmite is one of those things that if it calls to you, you need it.

Another food that does that to me is sardines. :)

I love sardines on toast or with a jacket (baked) potato. It's the tinned variety of sardines that's in a spicy tomato sauce that I love. It makes for a quick and cheap meal.

Cityboy 01-29-2021 02:43 PM

I used to bring sardines for lunch sometimes at the office I used to work at until people kept saying that I was stinking up the whole 3rd floor. happyface:

Cityboy 01-29-2021 03:44 PM

My wife's friend from Australia who stayed with us a while liked vegemite, which judging from the descriptions online, appears to be very similar to marmite. I thought it was ok.