SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Newcomers to Recovery (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/)
-   -   FOMO feeling at Weekends? Weekenders 08 - 11 May 2020 (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/447329-fomo-feeling-weekends-weekenders-08-11-may-2020-a.html)

Reid82 05-09-2020 11:42 AM

Today is my 365th day sober but as it was a leap year this year my actual sober date is the 10th (so tomorrow technically still is my anniversary) ......anyway it will be a year in the next 4.5 hours either way. I'll post a thread then. Thanks all.

andyh 05-09-2020 11:45 AM

what have the Gregorians ever done for us, eh?

anyway, moar kittehs:

https://twistedsifter.files.wordpres...a-be-may-5.gif

biminiblue 05-09-2020 02:38 PM

Well, for one thing...

venuscat 05-09-2020 02:40 PM

Hello darkness my old friend...... :)

Yeah, we are quiet today. I am hoping others are busy with gardening and such as I am. How are yo dear bim? xxx :hug: s

biminiblue 05-09-2020 02:47 PM

Very very tired of lockdown.

I'm not even sure how I am. My mind won't settle.

I mean, I'm used to quite a bit of alone time, but not 24/7 for most of the past eight weeks.

I'm watching all the paddle-boarders, kayakers, canoers, skulls, bikes, runners, walkers. I bet three hundred people have gone past my window in the last two hours.

I'm feeling a lot FOMO-y. Maybe I should close the drapes.

venuscat 05-09-2020 02:50 PM

My experience is that I am used to alone time for 10 hours a day 7 days a week.....and I love it and need it and now it is gone. And I am not coping. At all. Mental breakdown imminent. Today I have the second day to myself in all of these weeks....I need this. I don't know how to keep going here. Really. xx :hug: s

Sorry.....asked how you are and had a meltdown.

biminiblue 05-09-2020 02:54 PM

Oh, yeah I wouldn't like that either.

I chose to be single, I like it - but there are too many unknowns for me to be able to relax and feel safe.

We won't lose our minds, but I do understand that feeling. I've been leaning into it and saying, Well, if that happens, oh well.

biminiblue 05-09-2020 02:55 PM

I closed the drapes. That helped almost instantly. People are drinking and being loud on the water and that isn't sitting well with me either.

venuscat 05-09-2020 02:56 PM

I hear you. I totally understand that. :hug: s
And I am very grateful for you....I feel understood. Does not happen often.
OK....need to stop crying.

biminiblue 05-09-2020 02:58 PM

Oh, honey.

We are all under so much stress.

You're not going to have a breakdown, it's just very stressful. I do know what you mean, though. I've had a few moments when I've almost let my mind go too far.

I'm watching "Heartland" - one of the big things is "Cowboy Up!!"

So I do that, even though that phrase irritates the heck outta me. :lol:

venuscat 05-09-2020 03:04 PM

I'm watching Ozark....not really a good idea despite being a good show. Very dark and depressing. There is sunshine. I will go outside. :hug: s

Crap this is hard.

venuscat 05-09-2020 03:09 PM

Well Nick is being very nice to me....he is playing music longer today (plus he wants to....he is safe in a rehearsal studio that is out woop woop somewhere with two other guys) and they are going to play for a few more hours now.

Time to be grateful and stop sooking.

I am healthy, I am sober and this too shall pass.

Glad you closed the blinds love.....it is like that here as well, I could count hundreds of peeps that have walked past. And you are right, I won't have a breakdown. Just a small meltdown for a few minutes. :hug: s xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

biminiblue 05-09-2020 03:16 PM

Good. And, I was watching "Pandemic" before bed last night (Netflix original and very good) - but not a good right-before-bed-choice so I had to find a light thing to watch. I have to be pretty careful about my TV choices right now.

Thanks for being here, V.

venuscat 05-09-2020 03:19 PM

Glad you are here dearest bim. :hug: s xxxxxx

saoutchik 05-09-2020 04:24 PM

Sending positive vibes your way Venuscat!

Originally Posted by Reid82 (Post 7441472)
Today is my 365th day sober but as it was a leap year this year my actual sober date is the 10th (so tomorrow technically still is my anniversary) ......anyway it will be a year in the next 4.5 hours either way. I'll post a thread then. Thanks all.

There have been no Leap Seconds in the last 12 months so that's a bonus.

Well I reckon you have made it now so a huge congratulations to you - well done Reid!

Edit: I posted some celebratory emojis - no idea why they are not showing.

Reid82 05-09-2020 04:25 PM

Thanks saoutchik, Yes, it's official now as it's the 10th :)

Cityboy 05-09-2020 04:58 PM

Ried, I haven't thought much about number of days but 365 is an enormous accomplishment.

Venus and bimini, sorry you're having lockdown blues.

Dee74 05-09-2020 06:25 PM

Congrats on your year Reid.
I hope your day will end well Suze :)
Hugs to those doing it tough right now.
D

Mags1 05-09-2020 11:04 PM

Morning Weekenders:wave:

Bim, thanks for the link. :)

We’ve had people filling the beaches and parks here yesterday with the sunshine in the U.K. . :dunno:Â
Suze take care :hug:
ÂÂ

I remember when I was a few months sober and I got a message of congratulations but they’d said a month more than I was so I felt guilty and  I had to tell them the correct amount of sober time? :dunno:ÂÂ

Kaily, I can picture you, Alfie and penguin going for your daily walks. :)

I got stressed yesterday, Mr. Mags was talking about life after the pandemic and how it will affect us! He was a planning engineer, that’s what he does, plans, Â but I didn’t want to know how bad it’s going to be financially. I’m keeping my sanity just trying to get through this pandemic alive. :wtf: who needs money if they’re six foot under. :dunno:

SnoozyQ 05-09-2020 11:46 PM

Happy Mothers Day to all the Aussie Mums
Xoxoxo