SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Newcomers to Recovery (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/)
-   -   FOMO feeling at Weekends? Weekenders 08 - 11 May 2020 (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/447329-fomo-feeling-weekends-weekenders-08-11-may-2020-a.html)

andyh 05-07-2020 09:25 AM

has SR given up on fixing the forum? I'm still getting spurious characters & having to switch between skins to post pictures

biminiblue 05-07-2020 09:46 AM

It's still broken, andy.

Not sure why it's such a tough thing to fix, but what do I know?

I don't even really want to post, it's a chore.

Sourdough starter seems to be the tough one. I don't really like sourdough bread, so ...plus...bakery...

Cityboy 05-07-2020 10:04 AM

My wife used to keep little bags of starter dough in the refrigerator and the freezer.

My kid's bull dog mix looks very intimidating but is petrified of anything. He won't even go out to potty by himself in the dark. My wife's dog is a huge sweetie pie but will very happily attack cats or armadillos that wander into the yard. Cats go up a tree and we bring her in so they can leave. She kills the armadillos and the next day the vultures make the backyard look like the lions of the serengeti made a kill.

MidnightBlue 05-07-2020 10:53 AM

Thank you for the new thread, Mags!
FOMO used to be a great challenge at the early sobriety.
Challenge though was all in my head.
The question to ask - WHOSE life I was missing?
When I was drinking I was surely missing mine.

Kaily 05-07-2020 11:20 AM

Drinking made me miss out on so much. Frequent blackouts mean't I rarely remembered the night before let alone enjoy it. Then it got even worse. Yes I sometimes wish I could drink like a normie but it just isn't an option so I don't entertain it.

Cheering your bread on Andy!

Impressive fungus from my walk today.

https://i.postimg.cc/pVkttkhg/wp-202...-57-32-pro.jpg

saoutchik 05-07-2020 11:24 AM

Originally Posted by andyh (Post 7440136)
has SR given up on fixing the forum? I'm still getting spurious characters & having to switch between skins to post pictures

Yeah. Fed up of it.

andyh 05-07-2020 11:40 AM

Originally Posted by Kaily (Post 7440171)
Cheering your bread on Andy!
Impressive fungus from my walk today.
https://i.postimg.cc/pVkttkhg/wp-202...-57-32-pro.jpg

thanks Kaily.ÂÂ :)

I believe that fungus is a Chicken of the Woods & is edible, but (definitely) don't take my word on that!

Kaily 05-07-2020 11:54 AM

Yes I think you are right but I won't be munching on it anytime soon. :)

biminiblue 05-07-2020 12:04 PM

I was on hold on the phone, sitting on my couch, and a flea jumped on me.

This is a big deal.

I've lived in Washington since 1985 and that's the first flea I've ever seen indoors.

Now that little flea (who I killed, BTW) has set off my anxiety - which is right there at the surface already, right? I am hoping he just hitched a ride all by himself from the park and didn't have time to lay eggs. I guess that would make him a her.

You know what I mean!!

Kaily 05-07-2020 12:07 PM

Are you sure it was a flea, how did you kill it? They are very difficult to squish.

biminiblue 05-07-2020 12:24 PM

Oh, I'm pretty danged sure.

I cut it in half with my fingernail. I've had flea infestations before. I lived in the tropics for 20 years...

I really hope I am wrong...thanks, at least you've given me an alternate thought.

MLD51 05-07-2020 01:02 PM

Ugh. Having fleas is no fun. I lived in Florida for years as a kid, and had animals that were inside/outside. Fleas were a constant battle. Every once in a while we'd have to go stay elsewhere for a night and let off some bug bombs. Hopefully yours was a hitchhiker.

biminiblue 05-07-2020 01:22 PM

I washed all the cat bedding. Closely examined the cat. Used a flea comb on her, much to her chagrin. I didn't see any real evidence of fleas, but if they get in the carpet...yeah, MLD I grew up in Florida with pets and fleas.

Do not want to deal with it. At All. I wouldn't even have a pet at this point if fleas were a big problem in WA, but I've never seen one in 35 years! I don't have the emotional bandwidth for even the smallest new problem right now.

MLD51 05-07-2020 01:25 PM

I wouldn't think they'd be a big problem there. We don't really have many issues with them up here in the frozen north. Here our biggest issue is ticks.

theVman31 05-07-2020 01:48 PM

Thanks Mags.

ÂÂ I'm in for another.

Peace weekenders :)

Vinny !ÂÂ

biminiblue 05-07-2020 02:47 PM

I'm playing around with the posting...this is on the Desktop skin.

Checking gifs, bolded and paragraph double spacing. Apologies, weekenders.

https://media.giphy.com/media/Y5FtKNuGaktIA/giphy.gif

biminiblue 05-07-2020 02:47 PM

Hm. Everything works on Desktop. I'm gonna switch permanently, I think! I really like the colors and the muted borders. :)

Excellent.

*now checking "edit"

The formatting of the quick tools and the header in the message box is weird, and "preview" is all bolded, and I have to use the bottom left hand "reply" button and the text is tiny in the message compose box. Better, though. Not as much thinking involved.

I don't want to think.

*edit, checking emoticons :ValA004:

Excellent!!

biminiblue 05-07-2020 02:53 PM

I like it that my username is bolded blue. I wonder if I was made an Admin without knowing. Yeah, no. :)

The "Thanks" thingy is still missing on Desktop. I'm not gonna miss that one bit if they decide to do away with it..The fonts and text styles are missing. (I'm just posting this for my own benefit, no need for anyone to comment.)

Dee74 05-07-2020 02:59 PM

Originally Posted by andyh (Post 7440136)

Every time they fix things at a site level it takes a while.
Its not a job I'd enjoy - pretty thankless too..
D

Willow00 05-07-2020 03:47 PM

Thanks Mags :)

It is Friday nearly 9am and I am here for the weekend too