SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Newcomers to Recovery (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/)
-   -   FOMO feeling at Weekends? Weekenders 08 - 11 May 2020 (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/447329-fomo-feeling-weekends-weekenders-08-11-may-2020-a.html)

theVman31 05-10-2020 12:55 AM

Happy mothers day Australian moms.

Yesterday I spent alot of the day sanding and grinding and varnishing. My neighbor dropped me in two gigantic wood cable drum rollers (spools) One is now a table on the trerrace and the other will be used in the garden.https://i.postimg.cc/xTHXdjHN/IMG-20200509-163743.jpg
Two :
https://i.postimg.cc/Twwy2rqT/IMG-20200509-163845.jpg

I'm doing pretty regular zoom meetings now. Really helps and puts everything in perspective.

ÂÂÂ

Bim and Suze hope you have a better day today.

Salutations weekendersÂ

Reid82 05-10-2020 12:58 AM

Nice use of the spools there Vinny!

saoutchik 05-10-2020 02:19 AM

Happy Mother's Day Australia!

Those spools look great Vinny. That must have been a lot of work.

Gone but not forgotten:-
https://youtu.be/XJW-XQtycmw

Mags1 05-10-2020 03:33 AM

Great idea to use the spools for tables, Vinny. :)

R.I.P. Little Richard

SnoozyQ 05-10-2020 06:14 AM

They look fantastic Vinny xx

Reid82 05-10-2020 06:19 AM

I had a quiet weekend, weather is gone bad here now the last few days. I was off work Thursday and Friday, back to it tomorrow now. It would have been nice to celebrate the one year sober being in Barcelona at the F1 race today but not to be this time around. Thanks for the messages too guys :tyou

CaptainHaddock 05-10-2020 06:55 AM

Afternoon Weekenders!What a glorious sunny day. Not a cloud in the sky. But for it being 22 instead of 33 degrees C and a faint softness to the rays of sunlight that I cannot describe, I’d be fooled if someone told me it’s a midsummer day.Nice tables Vman. I’ve heard of a pool table, but never of this. I’m happy to hear that you are taking something from those Zoom meetings.Â
Excellent on 1 year, Reid.
And SAOU, I guess it’s a case of once a mathematician always a mathematician. And I got that one of “...not being invited to parties even when we’re not practicing social distancing”, even without your hint.:)All the best to you Suze and everyone else feeling a bit down in the dumps.
PS: Still can’t space them damn paragraphs. At least the apostrophe is working.

biminiblue 05-10-2020 07:08 AM

Uzumma's first Mother's Day. :) She's holding his little hand with her foot.

Western Lowland Gorilla, image by Jeremy Dwyer-Lindgren/Woodland Park Zoo
https://1.bp.blogspot.com/-Auhm_Pf7S...Bgorilla-3.jpg

Cityboy 05-10-2020 07:10 AM

Kaily, very nice pictures yesterday!!

Cityboy 05-10-2020 07:12 AM

[IMG]https://i.postimg.cc/L8MCQrTj/St-Mar...ng-Party-4.jpg[/IMG]

Edit: still no luck attaching picture

biminiblue 05-10-2020 07:14 AM

Take that space out of that url, CB

Cityboy 05-10-2020 07:24 AM

https://i.postimg.cc/T1J325hk/158912...ng-Party-4.jpg

biminiblue 05-10-2020 07:38 AM

CB, there must be some springs nearby?

Cityboy 05-10-2020 07:39 AM

I got it finally, whoooo!
Feeling of missing out?
In case you guys have never been to a redneck party, the above picture is an example of one. Something unique about it is that it's an experience of complete letting go. All anxieties and stresses are left at home, or wherever. No worries about paying for health care, the $12 K trip my wife wants to go on, the PITA customer, the fight with Dad, nothing, except for perhaps how many beers are left in the cooler. Nearly everyone is drinking, with the possible exception of the kids.
This is what drinking is supposed to be, right? The letting go of the anxiety and stress?
Feeling of missing out? YES!! I like redneck parties. Or maybe just the idea of them anyway. Could I go back to one and manage to not drink? Can't answer that so I won't go back, for now at least. Now I know that if I drink, the anxieties and stresses will be reinforced and will be worse than they were before. So I don't feel like I'm missing out really.
Spring nearby - yes. The kids on the right are jumping and swinging into it.

biminiblue 05-10-2020 07:45 AM

I grew up in South Florida, my stepdad owned a sporting goods store. I've been to a redneck party or three. As a woman I'd have to say - they're scary!

Cityboy 05-10-2020 07:50 AM

I can understand that

Forwards 05-10-2020 08:09 AM

HiWeekenders. Just checking in to join you once again this weekend...
Thanks Mags for the thread. We have sunshine here but this is a mixed blessing at the moment. Far too many people congregated in the local parks and beaches here for my liking.
I heard from my prospective new employer last a few days ago. I had sent them a few (more) proofs of qualifications to prompt a response from HR. Apparently my hiring is 'progressing well', but clearly very slowly as would be expected at the moment. Oh well, we'll see...
Great pics Kaily - thank you - I must take some myself sometime. Thoughts to you Bim in the lockdown. Great use of the cable spools VMan. And many congratulations to you Reid on your year!!!
Bye for now. Stay safe everyone. Forwards.

SoberLeigh 05-10-2020 09:03 AM

A Blessed Sunday, all, and Happy Mother’s Day to the Moms.

Uzzumma’s first Mother’s Day! How absolutely beautiful. Thanks for the photo, Bim.

Love the spool table, Vman. Many of my friends picked up spool tables of many different sizes to use to furnish their apartments when they first ventured out on their own. Smaller ones were side tables, end tables and night stands. Shorter ones were coffee tables. Ones like yours were dining tables. Cinder blocks and long boards were popular, too, for use as ‘entertainment systems’. It was a low cost and efficient way to decorate. I rather liked it!

Sao, I love your sense of humor; you made me belly laugh.

andyh, loved your little penguin video.

Kaily, what gorgeous paths you take! Thanks for the photos.

(((Bim))). (((Suze))). We are navigating unchartered waters; this, too, shall pass. I hope you feel much sunnier soon. Love to you both.

Reid, :bbj: Well done! :bbj:

Kaily 05-10-2020 09:21 AM

Hi everyone :wavey:

Not much to say today. Glad people enjoyed the pics.

Not found any penguins for sale locally YET. ;)

venuscat 05-10-2020 09:35 AM

OK, I really missed something re the penguins I think. (head scatching emoji) :)

I do adore them. Fairy penguins in particular. I grew up with them in Phillip Island Vic Australia....when I was little we would sit on the beach and they would crawl over our legs and say hi...got to touch some of them.....it's pretty awesome.....they are so much softer than you would imagine. The feathers have so many layers.

MesaMan 05-10-2020 11:44 AM

Greetings Covidians ~

We're just hangin' here on the Mesa in my favorite spot: away from People. And, thanks Mags!

I finally got a new pair of Stackables - a Maytag Clothes Washer & Dryer - installed yesterday after a Pal helped me heft the ~125 lb. [57 Kg.] Dryer up into place on top of the ~250 lb. [102 Kg.] Washer. Between getting the nearly-deceased Washer, and Dryer, properly Recycled, and getting new connections sorted out, last Week was a busy one. I had to mod the new Dryer to bring the Air Vent out the side, and did all kinda Sheet Metal 'stuff' w/o too much Blood-letting. The Test Wash Load yesterday came out very clean and dry after a quiet run. Sober me even gets Tools put away these Days, so Life Is Good. I assume Supply Chain perturbations eventually could hit even Spare Parts or new Appliance Inventories, so I thought it best to up and replace dodgy Appliances now. In my zeal to pre-pay Federal Income Taxes this Year, I musta over-paid. So, getting our own Money back last Week unexpectedly paid for new Appliances. Yeah Universe!

My busy Week buying and prepping new Appliances put me around more People than I liked, but such is Appliance replacement in our weird Brave New World. My new take on FOMO is: Fear Of Mask Obstinance. Plenty of Folks are masked up, yet some are not. Like, the unmasked Service Manager talking to me too close when I took in our RV Trailer for some Warranty Work a few Days ago. All I can do is protect me, so that's what I did. So far, so good.

MesaDog remained chilled in the Master Shower, so he knows where to cop a nice Schnooze during all the DIY kerfuffle...

RIP Little Richard. One of a kind...

'Tutti Fruitti' ~ Live

https://i.postimg.cc/9FBLN0KX/Boz-In-Shower.jpg

SoberLeigh 05-10-2020 01:26 PM

Such a sweet dog, MesaMan!

venuscat 05-10-2020 02:05 PM

I am not sure if this is the right place to share.....but here goes.

It is mother's day and my mum is gone. It is the 10th of May and the anniversary of my dad's passing. Everyone is so happy today and I am crying my heart out.

I need to talk about where I am today. Sigh. Sorry for the downer. But I kind of need some help. :hug: s

PS....Spoke to a therapist online earlier. Gosh that is easy right now.

Reid82 05-10-2020 02:12 PM

Originally Posted by venuscat (Post 7442141)
I am not sure if this is the right place to share.....but here goes.

It is mother's day and my mum is gone. It is the 10th of May and the anniversary of my dad's passing. Everyone is so happy today and I am crying my heart out.

I need to talk about where I am today. Sigh. Sorry for the downer. But I kind of need some help. :hug: s

PS....Spoke to a therapist online earlier. Gosh that is easy right now.

Sorry to hear that you're struggling today. But yea, I get the mother thing too, well mine is still alive but you know the story there so there is sadness still. Sending love across the Atlantic :Val004:

venuscat 05-10-2020 02:14 PM

I do indeed and I am so grateful for your understanding dear Reid. :hug: s xxx

SoberLeigh 05-10-2020 03:36 PM

(((Suze))). My Mom is gone, too. It is truly a bittersweet day for a number of reasons.

venuscat 05-10-2020 03:38 PM

Yes. Just wish it wasn't the anniversary of my dad's death as well.....it is so hard to arrange my emotions. Gratitude one second, devastation the next. Dumb huh.

SoberLeigh 05-10-2020 04:02 PM

No, not dumb at all. That is the way that emotions play; the sneak up on us; take us by surprise. One situation plays into the other; one thought into another; one emotion into the other.

venuscat 05-10-2020 04:07 PM

:hug: s xxxxxxx

PhoenixJ 05-10-2020 05:43 PM

Tears are natural Suze, just stay the course. Prayers.