SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Newcomers to Recovery (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/)
-   -   Rock concert tomorrow, sober and nervous (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/445225-rock-concert-tomorrow-sober-nervous.html)

Red78 01-24-2020 12:58 AM

One band left to go Dee, Wolfmother but I'm bringing it in sober..
Kids bday party all day tomorrow so I'm safe tomorrow but will still be vigilant..

Red78 01-24-2020 04:07 AM

What I learnt tonight is that I enjoy a concert more when I'm moshing and dancing, I overcame some of the anxiety of doing that sober tonight, I danced but I didn't mosh, so maybe next time I might mosh or should I say jump around lol.

Thank you everyone for your support, it all helps to get through and especially you Dee...faat response, helps to keep me focused, I'm glad I posted because my AV nearly didn't let me..

Sober, tired and happy... Bedtime..

jryan19982 01-24-2020 09:47 AM

Just you wait and see how many sober people there are at that concert. The number will astonish you, or at least it did me. It is ALWAYS astonishing how many sober people there are. Take for instance this past NYE. We had a get together at the house with some new friends. There were 8 adults and lots of kids. Out of the 8 adults guess how many drank and how many didn't... Well I'll just tell you.

6 of us didn't drink, 2 did throughout the night. Yes of those 6, 4 had a shot size of champagne at midnight and then went back to water, soda, juice etc. We had sparkling cider (for what I thought would be for the kids) and those 4 bottles of sparkling cider were gone while we still had 1 whole bottle of champagne left out of 2 and the one still had some left in it.

Point is, as we "grow up" lots of people decide not to drink or just drink once in a great while. Events that I would normally be hammered at have a lot more sober people then I ever would have imagined.

What bands are you going to see?

Red78 01-24-2020 12:31 PM

Jryan the bands were some kiwi bands plus the headliner.
The vibes
Dead favours
Skinny hobos
Devilskin
Wolfmother
The middle 3 by far the best, disappointed in the headliner, an aussie band, they defo have some awesome songs but overall I don't rate them much, was the 2nd time I saw them and the 3rd time I've seen Devilskin. 1st time we saw Devilskin my partner got kicked out at the end of the concert, we ended up in a massive argument and I blacked out.. Not this time thank gosh..
There were a lot of people drinking water but also a lot of people were drinking including some friends that were there, I told them I wasn't drinking and they admitted they were alcoholics and drank everyday, they were totalled at the end of the night, my Stepkids were looking at them like wtf lol and I wonder how many times they've looked at me like that...

fishkiller 01-24-2020 02:27 PM

Good job Red!

Nothing like watching a bunch of drunks to turn you off