SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Newcomers to Recovery (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/)
-   -   A mess (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/444788-mess.html)

SoberRican 01-06-2020 07:21 PM

As you see. Much love and support here my friend. Lets get you in shape for the journey yeah?

ValThistle 01-07-2020 08:54 AM

I made it through day one. Now, for day 2. Going to work in a bit, today is my long day at work. Still feeling yucky.

Surrendered19 01-07-2020 10:45 AM

That is great news ValT. Was wondering how things were going today for you. Yucky will go away very very soon, or at least won't be soul-crushing-yucky like those first few days. I'm so happy you made it through yesterday, which must have been really challenging. Stay strong and stay with us here. If you can string together some days and start to make a plan to stay sober, we can make 2020 the decade we came back to health and clarity and calmness and quiet.

ValThistle 01-07-2020 10:19 PM

Originally Posted by RecklessDrunk (Post 7352817)
If you get to work now on getting sober you have plenty of time for another summer, maybe an even better one than you mentioned. If you commit to not drinking right now think how you will probably feel by spring, or even in a few weeks.

If you continue to drink things will continue to suck.

:c014:

Dee74 01-07-2020 10:27 PM

A belated welcome back but congrats on day 2 Val.

For years I hated drunk me. I finally found the strength to not be that person anymore.

I simplified things.
Its the first drink that starts that process, not the last.

Do whatever you can to not take that first drink :)

D

Surrendered19 01-08-2020 05:42 AM

How is the day looking today Val? Hope it is your Day 3 but regardless, check in and let us know the good and the bad. Hope you are well, sober, calm and clear this morning.

ValThistle 01-09-2020 04:41 AM

Waking up on day 4. I spent hours last night reading peoples stories on this site. I have forgotten how many different kinds of fuel we have to choose from keep sobriety going. I filled up on these stories. I have been a really awesome mom these past 4 days. My husband and I are having problems, as usual. Not going to make any decisions about the marriage right now. In the back of my mind I think I am done with the relationship, and we are ten years in. It makes me sad. My therapist says " its not about finding the right person, its about making it work with the wrong person". I agree to a point. Anyways, so glad to have the support here. Im embracing one day at a time. It is the only way. Thank you everyone, for being here.

ShiftHappens 01-09-2020 05:10 AM

My therapist says " its not about finding the right person, its about making it work with the wrong person".

I think you should check your therapists credentials. Seriously? Lol Holy cr*p.

Congrats to you on day 4! You will get healthier mentally and physically every day.

Best thing you could do for yourself🌹

ValThistle 01-09-2020 05:20 AM

Originally Posted by ShiftHappens (Post 7354664)
My therapist says " its not about finding the right person, its about making it work with the wrong person".

I think you should check your therapists credentials. Seriously? Lol Holy cr*p.

Congrats to you on day 4! You will get healthier mentally and physically every day.

Best thing you could do for yourself🌹

lol!!! I think she means that there is no perfect person for any of us, we are all flawed and a new person means a new set of problems.

ShiftHappens 01-09-2020 05:25 AM

Lol Im thoroughly confused now :)

No therapy and no men for me for awhile
Im just doing ME

Youre still in the fray, bless your heart - stay sober, its the only way out🌞

ValThistle 01-10-2020 08:30 AM

Originally Posted by Obladi (Post 7352904)
:hug:

I remember that first visit to my therapist after my last relapse. The remorse and shame was absolutely overwhelming. It's hard to bear, I know - when you (I) finally face up to it rather than drinking it away again. But that's the start of fixing it. It gets better.

And it's hard to screw up the courage to come back here (or walk back into a meeting if that's a thing you used to do) and report that you need help. Again. But you know what? That's just what we're here for! Right?

Stick around. Write a lot, post a lot. We'll be here to prop you up while you regain your legs.

O

day 5. STILL ALIVE!!!

PhoenixJ 01-10-2020 02:23 PM

Well done on posting and the work you are putting into your recovery. Keep it up. My support to you.

Surrendered19 01-10-2020 07:08 PM

Day 5 is big!!!! Awesome work.

Verdantia 01-10-2020 07:17 PM

Brilliant on day 5, Val! One foot in front of the other, do what has to be done, and those sober days just keep on coming. I'm glad that you're here; SR has been a vital part of my own recovery, and I am grateful to each caring, wonderful person here. Best wishes on your sober journey; you can do this.

Kaneda8888 01-10-2020 07:25 PM

Keep going, ODAAT. Keep close to SR ! Well done Val

Delilah1 01-10-2020 09:36 PM

Congrats on five days Val!

HeadEast 01-10-2020 10:25 PM

GO Val!

ReadyAtLast 01-10-2020 11:31 PM

Congrats on day 5 val. :You_Rock_ hope you're staring to feel better.

On a lighter note re marriage I always think it.s not finding someone you cant live without but finding someone you can actually live with. 😃

ValThistle 01-11-2020 05:18 PM

Originally Posted by ReadyAtLast (Post 7356024)
Congrats on day 5 val. :You_Rock_ hope you're staring to feel better.

On a lighter note re marriage I always think it.s not finding someone you cant live without but finding someone you can actually live with. 😃

made it through day 6

Surrendered19 01-11-2020 07:03 PM

That is great news Val. I hope your day was a good one. Calm, clear and quiet in your mind.