SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Newcomers to Recovery (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/)
-   -   I Need You Guys (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/443377-i-need-you-guys.html)

ThatWasTheOldMe 11-12-2019 05:44 AM

I Need You Guys

I don't want to go into all of the details yet - but today is day 2.
My name's Chris and I'm an alcoholic.

wildflower70 11-12-2019 05:45 AM

Hey Chris, sorry you're still struggling to beat this thing.

How are you doing? What happened?

ShiftHappens 11-12-2019 05:53 AM

Hi Chris, glad you surrendered on this last run.

Goes nowhere.

I seem to have come to the place where my brain literally associates alcohol with misery after many many HORRIBLE "runs".

You can and will get to that place. Every time it leads to misery youll subconciously register the fact that its going no where else BUT to more misery.

Weve crossed that line. No more fun with that garbage, not that it ever was.

Dont beat yourself up, heal, and start on creating a LIFE.

faith823 11-12-2019 06:00 AM

Hi Chris,

Congrats on day 2. You will physically and emotionally feel better one day at a time. You are not alone. I have numerous awful consequences from my last bender. I am 18 days sober and feel much better. I am able to think clearly and execute a plan to have a better life.
I look forward to reading about your Sober journey

Hevyn 11-12-2019 06:21 AM

We need you too, Chris - we learn from each other. I'm so glad you posted.
Congratulations on Day 2. Those early ones are rough - but you are on your way to a better life. You will heal and rise above the misery.

JazV36 11-12-2019 07:27 AM

Hey Chris! Good on you for day 2. Hang in there, we’re all here for you.

ThatWasTheOldMe 11-12-2019 07:49 AM

The worst part is the shame and remorse.
Second worst part is the insomnia and sense of impending doom (doom feeling mostly comes when I'm alone).
Third worst part is the lack of appetite and sometimes nausea. Luckily the nausea hasn't been terrible this time.

HeadEast 11-12-2019 07:54 AM

We are here!

thomas11 11-12-2019 08:04 AM

Originally Posted by ThatWasTheOldMe (Post 7308574)
Second worst part is the insomnia and sense of impending doom (doom feeling mostly comes when I'm alone).
Third worst part is the lack of appetite and sometimes nausea. Luckily the nausea hasn't been terrible this time.

Do you have someone who can stay with you?

PhoenixJ 11-12-2019 08:11 AM

welcome

least 11-12-2019 08:13 AM

(((Chris))) We're here for you. :hug: The early part can be rough, but it gets better the longer you stay sober. :hug:

nez 11-12-2019 08:23 AM

Hi Chris, glad you are here. I need you as well. I need the newcomers, the old timers, and everyone in-between. Shares help me on my path of self-discovery when I listen to what is behind the share with my heart and not just hear the words. Where I have been. What I did to change.What it is like now. My hope for the future. I need it all. Thank you. There is strength in numbers.

ThatWasTheOldMe 11-12-2019 08:27 AM

My dad stays with me. But I'm actually just working today since I'm not jumpy.

August252015 11-12-2019 08:37 AM

Glad you are back w us, Chris. You def don't have to go into any details with us, but if you do then know we will listen. Glad about your last post- not being jumpy is a HUGE thing.

ThatWasTheOldMe 11-12-2019 09:21 AM

I'm gonna save so much money not buying booze. I was up to $20 a day on a 750 mL bottle of vodka and a pint of whiskey (the pint so I could "hide it" from my dad).

SDSurfn 11-12-2019 10:09 AM

Originally Posted by ThatWasTheOldMe (Post 7308574)

Welcome Chris! Glad you are here and posting again.

I used to feel what you described above all the time. I really do get how you feel right now. It reminds me of me.

Since I have worked a program of recovery, I no longer feel shame, remorse, or a sense of impending doom.

The physical symptoms usually go away too after we have been sober a for awhile.

Sobriety has been the greatest thing in my life, though it didn’t just “happen”, I had to do some work and do some things differently.

Stick around, there are a whole lot of people here who can help you in your early days of sobriety.

SoberRican 11-12-2019 10:19 AM

As you can see my friend you are not alone. Longer you off the sauce. The better things will start to be ✌

gypsytears 11-12-2019 10:46 AM

I’m glad you’re “back”. Being able to work is encouraging. Eating lightly as you can tolerate will help, also staying hydrated. Looking forward to your updates.

dpac414 11-12-2019 10:48 AM

We're always here for you, TWOM.

I hope you can make a solid plan to stay sober.

givingback 11-12-2019 10:53 AM

Hey Chris sounds like you are struggling I feel for you man. There is hope. For me trying to get over the guilt of a relapse, or the guilt of having so much less time than I did before was what took me back out. How badly do you want sobriety this time?