SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Newcomers to Recovery (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/)
-   -   Inpatient Detox Bound (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/443032-inpatient-detox-bound.html)

Zevin 11-14-2019 07:55 PM

Abgator said, "I found it enjoyable to float through the introduction to true recovery and therapy while on valium LOL. It took away the fear and anxiety of taking it serious, to where I jumped right into it when I got out. Where before, I had hesitated seeking out help. I attribute that entirely to the amazing staff at the Facility I was in."

The detox I went into right before my rehab stint didn't use Valium or other tranquilizers on me. Just melatonin and Trazadone to help me sleep. Useless meds, IMHO.

But I'd been in the ICU for about a week with seizures and heart problems, where I was heavily sedated to stop the seizing, so maybe I had detoxed from alcohol while there?

Joshua Tree, how are you doing?

joshuatreee 12-05-2019 09:35 AM

Well I didn’t make it Nov 1st like i planned but I did finally check in this last Monday and just got home a few minutes ago. It wasn’t scary, it wasn’t unpleasant, it wasn’t uncomfortable, it was the best decision I could have possibly made. Walking to my first AA meeting now. Talk to you all soon!

August252015 12-05-2019 09:40 AM

That's awesome!! Good going and keep it up. You can do it.

gypsytears 12-05-2019 10:06 AM

Congratulations. You went and made it through. That’s all that matters. That and staying sober now of course. Enjoy your meeting.

Briansy 12-05-2019 10:34 AM

Originally Posted by joshuatreee (Post 7325432)
Well I didn’t make it Nov 1st like i planned but I did finally check in this last Monday and just got home a few minutes ago. It wasn’t scary, it wasn’t unpleasant, it wasn’t uncomfortable, it was the best decision I could have possibly made. Walking to my first AA meeting now. Talk to you all soon!

Amazing.

joshuatreee 12-05-2019 02:08 PM

The meeting went great. I'm so relieved to finally be making some headway. I met several similar versions of me in detox as well as at the meeting. I also got a personal care physician lined up. Check this out .... The appointment is on next Friday. Friday the 13th and the doctors name is Michael Meyers .... :lmao. Blood work at detox came back normal. Slightly elevated liver enzymes and no other issues. Not sure how that happened but I will take it

Dee74 12-05-2019 04:05 PM

sounds like everything is looking good Joshuatree :)

D

HeadEast 12-05-2019 05:09 PM

Congratulations joshuatree.

Gettingcloser 12-05-2019 05:20 PM

"Check this out .... The appointment is on next Friday. Friday the 13th and the doctors name is Michael Meyers .... "
Haha! That is a little creepy:lmao
Congratulations on your new life! Keep us updated.

Delilah1 12-05-2019 11:06 PM

That’s excellent news! Well, except for the appointment with Michael Meyers.

babycat 12-05-2019 11:41 PM

Originally Posted by joshuatreee (Post 7325638)
The meeting went great. I'm so relieved to finally be making some headway. I met several similar versions of me in detox as well as at the meeting. I also got a personal care physician lined up. Check this out .... The appointment is on next Friday. Friday the 13th and the doctors name is Michael Meyers .... :lmao. Blood work at detox came back normal. Slightly elevated liver enzymes and no other issues. Not sure how that happened but I will take it

Too funny about your upcoming Doctor's appointment!! Really glad things are going well for you!!

Kaily 12-05-2019 11:59 PM

Brilliant news. I am so pleased all is going well. :)

joshuatreee 12-06-2019 04:56 PM

Day five went well up until the last hour or so. Starting to feel ******. I hit an AA meeting earlier today and not going to drink but can’t wait to feel good. It’s been a long time ...

PhoenixJ 12-10-2019 04:19 PM

Support to you.