SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Newcomers to Recovery (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/)
-   -   Forgiving Ourselves this Weekend - Weekenders 20 - 23 September 2019 (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/442056-forgiving-ourselves-weekend-weekenders-20-23-september-2019-a.html)

Mags1 09-21-2019 11:06 PM

Hi Weekenders

WaterOx,glad you’re back,

Bim, I’m still keeping an eye out for the big monster that travels at the speed of light, if he’s decided to move in for the winter months I hope he keeps out of my way!

MesaMan lovely photo, what a view!

Went to watch Downton Abbey at the cinema yesterday. Not usually my sort of film really but I enjoyed it. Maggie Smith was her brilliant self and I loved seeing the dress attire they wore though I’m pleased we’re not dressed like that nowadays, it’d take hours to get in those gowns. :dunno:

Vman lovely pic of mini Vman and pony.:)

Kaily, lovely Alfie pic.:)

Sunday morning, just gone 7am, it’s going to be a good day to be sober. :)

Kaily 09-21-2019 11:29 PM

Mags I remember reading a while ago after having put a spider outside that they don't just come in for winter. Chances are they have lived in our houses their entire lives and come out of hiding to attract a mate. Also that they can die in the cold as not acclimatised.

As it was a frosty winters night I felt really guilty so I went back outside retrieved said spider from the plant pot and bought it back in the warm.

Give him a name and love him. :lol:

By the way I am not a fan either but couldn't bare the thought that I had evicted it from its home or it freezing to death. :dunno:

saoutchik 09-22-2019 12:03 AM

Good to see you WaterOx! I'm sorry that you relapsed but 7 months was a decent stretch so hopefully it will just take some analysis and a few tweaks to make it permanent this time.

Great pics btw did Alfie find his ball or is that a new one?

Kaily 09-22-2019 12:15 AM

Originally Posted by saoutchik (Post 7272915)

Great pics btw did Alfie find his ball or is that a new one?

That is one of his 'park' balls. Never found his home ball, think the foxes might of pinched it from the garden. He has a nice new one now.

He got very grumpy when another dog looked at his ball yesterday. Just look at his face, not going to risk losing another one!

https://i.postimg.cc/XJSBWdLp/WP-201...-56-19-Pro.jpg

Dee74 09-22-2019 02:34 AM

Good boy Alfie :)

D

PhoenixJ 09-22-2019 02:41 AM

Keep the momentum up WaterOx - and post here.

Long walkies with a friend. Down by the sea- gray, overcast with rain- love it.

biminiblue 09-22-2019 05:24 AM

WaterOx, talk it out, it helps.

I think you can be permanently off the drink, too. I made the commitment every morning to go to bed sober. I went to meetings for a few months, and I logged into and posted every day on this site in my Class of March thread.

We stand behind and beside you here in Weekenders.

Kaily I would love to have a horse. Sounds expensive...the vet bills alone.

Kaily 09-22-2019 05:41 AM

Yes it is expensive Bim although I did it as cheaply as possible. DIY livery. I was up at the stables feeding, mucking out and turning out my horse 6 am every morning before going to work. Back again in the evening after work. It just became a way of life. Before all day drinking took over.

Exciting news. It is raining and my neighbour has actually moved the bbq. No more drip drip drip.

Hope I don't miss it. :lmao:

Mags1 09-22-2019 06:59 AM

kaily, that was really kind bringing mr. spider back in. He will surely thank you by keeping the fly population down! If my mr. spider has finds a mate that means there’ll be lots of little spiders too! :eek:

WaterOx 09-22-2019 08:29 AM

Thanks everyone. Much appreciated. I'll be checking in here at least 3 times today. Morning, noon and evening- because one day at a time is too long right about now lol!

As for talking it out, I think maybe I'll post something in the general forum.

dpac414 09-22-2019 08:33 AM

Ahh, great time catching up on this thread! I love Alfie, Kaily. Thanks for sharing photos of him.

Same old same old in the life of dpac. Zoo, home, relaxing, bed, work tomorrow. Next friday is off work for me (PTO day) and it's gonna be LIT by which I mean I'm gonna sleep a lot.

Have a good sunday everyone! Might check back in later.

ManInTheArena 09-22-2019 09:05 AM

Kaily, that Alfie looks like a great pup :)

Hi WaterOx - 7 months is a great accomplishment. Welcome back to the light.

Grateful for the weekend support of this thread and all the support I get on SR!!

Kaily 09-22-2019 09:18 AM

You can do it WaterOx.

We are all rooting for you. :c014:

mariposa 09-22-2019 09:34 AM

Sunday and finally my exhaustion is lifting just before the work week. I went to the movies and lunch out yesterday. Getting out into the world at 7 weeks sober. The restaurant had expensive import beer but the check was already high enough with my green tea. I’m starting to feel like allergies are coming with the change of the season. I’m so happy it is cooler here, 75-85 day time temperatures is bearable but 95-100 has been miserable. I’m going to have some pumpkin coffee after my workout and do some work at home. Happy Sunday 🍁🍂☕️

biminiblue 09-22-2019 09:44 AM

You guys.

Tuesday is World Gorilla Day.

Please recycle your electronics! (Cell phone, laptop, tablet.)

Awake61 09-22-2019 09:45 AM

WaterOx - hold on to this site.

saoutchik 09-22-2019 10:32 AM

It feels like summer has finally departed here too with wind and light rain. Hey ho. As usual at this time the World Conker Championships are under way. This year's Final is between two Germans. Horst Chestnut vs Hans Hurting.

Kaily 09-22-2019 10:53 AM

Originally Posted by saoutchik (Post 7273203)
Horst Chestnut vs Hans Hurting.

Haha ! :)

andyh 09-22-2019 12:11 PM

Originally Posted by saoutchik (Post 7273203)
It feels like summer has finally departed here too with wind and light rain. Hey ho. As usual at this time the World Conker Championships are under way. This year's Final is between two Germans. Horst Chestnut vs Hans Hurting.

not that old chestnut Sao!

WaterOx 09-22-2019 12:21 PM

Made it through the morning. Off to the gym then back home.