SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Newcomers to Recovery (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/)
-   -   Class of September Part 1 2019 (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/441570-class-september-part-1-2019-a.html)

Red78 09-18-2019 03:26 PM

Originally Posted by ReadyAtLast (Post 7270768)
painful isnt it. I'll probably have a sugar headache tomorrow as I've eaten loads tonight. Hoping Cravings ease soon for both of us. Maybe we should get healthy snacks tomorrow

This just reminded me of something, I remember bingeing on choc and feeling hungover in the morning. I used to eat choc over eating other food, I wasn't a happy person and I remember being shocked that I would feel hungover in the morning.. Still a better hangover than alcohol..

RattleAndHum 09-18-2019 04:07 PM

Originally Posted by ReadyAtLast (Post 7270768)
painful isnt it. I'll probably have a sugar headache tomorrow as I've eaten loads tonight. Hoping Cravings ease soon for both of us. Maybe we should get healthy snacks tomorrow

Absolutely. I like the idea of getting different fruits. If we池e gonna have sugar, might as well have it in something good for us. I致e also been drinking Gatorade Zero. Doesn稚 have sugar, but I知 sure there are other things in there that are not quite good for me :)

Sober369 09-18-2019 05:02 PM

Quit, I am so happy for you! I can't wait to hear about it, please come tell us!

You're doing much better than me with eating, all of you. I was eating as a hobby the first couple of weeks. I still don't shy away from it much. I'm trying to eat healthier, but today I got into some dark chocolate M&M's. Milkshakes are wonderful for cravings, and also iced coffee with lots of sugar and cream. And, I've lost a few pounds! Beer was my main poison and I drank a lot of it.

Something wonderful happened today. I've been wanting a new recovery book and a guy I work with gave me a Barnes and Nobles gift card! 25 dollars. I went straight there after work. I spent at least an hour looking at all the recovery books. I ended up with Refuge Recovery (from skimming it, it looks like a sort of 'Buddah does sobriety', very interesting) and a daily reading book called "One Foot in Front of the Other". Yay!
I am going to eat, take a hot bath, and go to bed with my books. Sometimes I think that's why I've stayed single so long, I love to read in bed. LOL, I think it's also because I would never have married a guy who would hang out with a drunk woman.
Hugs and happy night, I will be back later!

venuscat 09-18-2019 05:13 PM

:) Oh love....I hear you....I am about to have my 2 year wedding anniversary in my 50s. :)

And I haven't read in bed for 2 years....just saying..... :)

I hope the book is wonderful: what a beautiful gift!! :)
And the bath sounds perfect. :)
And yay to the pounds gone. :)
And say hi to Charlie and give him cuddles from his SR buddies please. :) :hug: s

RattleAndHum 09-18-2019 05:27 PM

Karen, glad you found some good reads! I知 a big reader myself, but I知 struggling to get through a book currently (brain fog!) I have started listening to a recovery podcast in the meantime (called Recovery Happy Hour). So far, I知 enjoying it. Enjoy your evening reading!

Mike

venuscat 09-18-2019 05:32 PM

I love these recovery podcasts.... :)
Glad you are enjoying that one Mike. :) :hug: s

Dee74 09-18-2019 05:51 PM

welcome back Quit - as long as you never stop fighting you can never lose :)
D

Red78 09-18-2019 05:58 PM

Originally Posted by Quitnow4 (Post 7270714)
Back at day 1 and I知 actually going to make it this time! I値l post more tonight.

We can do this Quit, it's so possible, we just have to believe in ourselves..

RattleAndHum 09-18-2019 06:20 PM

Originally Posted by venuscat (Post 7270877)
I love these recovery podcasts.... :)
Glad you are enjoying that one Mike. :) :hug: s

Thanks! Have any recommendation? I知 new to the recovery podcast scene :)

venuscat 09-18-2019 06:22 PM

I will get back to you on that one Mike.... :) :hug: s xx

Sober369 09-18-2019 06:35 PM

Mike, Recovery Elevator is very popular. I like it, but I think I'll try yours. I love them, too. Many times they have saved me from my AV on the way home from work.
Venus, I think you made the better choice, but I do love my books! Sober reading is so much better, too. I remember it the next day (mostly), and I can read with both eyes open.
I believe in you Red! And in you Quit!
OK, off to see what this new book is about. Night all, and good morning to the other side of the planet.

Sober369 09-18-2019 06:36 PM

P.S. Charley says hello! Big wet puppy kisses to all!

venuscat 09-18-2019 06:38 PM

I dunno Karen darling....I just need to get better with balance and time-management....my ideal is for us to be reading in bed together.....and my guy is also a reader....just need to go to bed earlier. :) :hug: s xx

.....puppy kisses...heart melting............ :)

Dee74 09-18-2019 06:43 PM

New thread here

https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums...-2-2019-a.html

D