SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Newcomers to Recovery (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/)
-   -   I am back (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/439992-i-am-back.html)

suki44883 07-19-2019 09:38 AM

Originally Posted by sweetichick1 (Post 7229930)
I don’t see how driving around one corner is that big an issue.

It can become a big issue, Sweeti. If you make too wide a turn around that corner and ram into another car...that person would care. Even if they aren't hurt, their car will be damaged and you will have to pay for the repairs. Not only that, they will want to call the police, and you will be arrested. The next few years of your life will be a nightmare. I know what I am talking about because I was just around the corner from my house when I hit a parked car after drinking. They called the police, I was arrested, and my life became a nightmare.

I know you think that wouldn't happen to you. I never thought it would happen to me; until it did.

MLD51 07-19-2019 09:41 AM

Trust me when I say we are not trying to be morally self righteous here. I have no moral high ground to stand on when it comes to drunk driving. I did it, I got caught, it was awful. This is all out of concern for you, Sweeti. Those of us who have been there are telling our stories in order to help you, not tear you down. We don't want to see you keep going down this road. That's all.

ShiftHappens 07-19-2019 09:48 AM

You can lead a horse to water but you can make it drink

This forum, in various degress and measures, is feeding this womans addiction. Been this way for years.

Its obviously not working and at this point detremental to eveyones mental
health.

Yes I believe she wants the drama on some level.

No one is helping her by feeding the illness and not referring her to her doctors at this point.

Wouldnt suprise me if she threw the drunk driving around the corner thing to get a rise out of everyone

Stop feeding it. LORD HAVE MERCY

Anna 07-19-2019 09:56 AM

Okay, time for a Reminder. A Post should be TO the Original Poster, not to the mass of members.

Use the Ignore button if a member upsets you and remember our rule:

4. No Flaming: Posting of any content with the intention of disrupting the forum or inflaming members-be it on someone's person, religious beliefs, race, national background, sexual orientation, or recovery program. This includes flaming, flame baiting, registration of multiple accounts or impersonation of another member. Do not Harass, threaten, embarrass or cause distress or discomfort upon another Online Forum participant. This includes flaming on our forums or other public forums.

No posts that attack, insult, "flame", defame, or abuse members or non-members. Respect other members of the community and don’t belittle, make fun of, or insult another member or non-member. Decisions about health and recovery are highly personal, individual choices. "Flaming" and insults, however, will not be tolerated. Agree to disagree. This applies to both the forums and chat.

venuscat 07-19-2019 10:10 AM

Sending love and prayers sweetichik: I hope your ear is a bit better. :hug: s

We musn't drink and drive.....none of us.....if we god forbid hurt someone that is terrible, and if we hurt someone and get breathalysed, well, you can say goodbye to your life.

ShiftHappens 07-19-2019 10:30 AM

Sweeti my final words on this subject are as follows;

IF the answer to the question I asked in my previous post regarding your being ticketed, fined or charged with driving under the influence is "yes" and you have chosen to omit it from your conversations here for whatever reason- the time for chatting, talking and excuses is over.

You need to go get serious help and stop this NOW.

If, the answer is no, quit while youre ahead.

No one here is a psychologist.

You need help.

tomsteve 07-19-2019 11:58 AM

Originally Posted by ShiftHappens (Post 7230032)
Could have been any one of you. There but for the grace of God...

read my last post.
it was me.

MantaLady 07-19-2019 12:21 PM

I drunk drove to and justified it as only being round the corner, but only justified it while I was actually drunk. The moment I woke up in the morning before I started drinking again the next day I knew there was no justification for what I had done, I was thoroughly ashamed of my self.

You don’t have to cause an accident, or kill / hurt anyone to get in trouble with the law. You may very well be drunk and driving safely a very short distance. But if someone else is on the road driving badly and hits your car while you are driving safely and the accident was absolutely not your fault, both drivers will be breathalysed and if the other driver is sober you’ll be the one that takes the blame and pays the price. Thing is it’s not illegal to be a bad driver but it is illegal to be a drunk driver. That is what happened to me, whilst I knew the accident was not my fault I should never have been behind the wheel for the bad driver to crash into in the first place.

Accountability feels like an attack when we’re not ready to acknowledge our toxic behaviour. I hope one day you are ready Sweetie and until you are your on a fast track to destroying your life.

ShiftHappens 07-19-2019 12:27 PM

Sweeti, You are "DEFLECTING". Youve been doing it for years.

Myself i am quiting while Im ahead and dealing with professionals.

I honestly have no time for this

2muchpain 07-19-2019 01:03 PM

Originally Posted by ShiftHappens (Post 7230050)
You can lead a horse to water but you can make it drink

This forum, in various degress and measures, is feeding this womans addiction. Been this way for years.

Its obviously not working and at this point detremental to eveyones mental
health.

Yes I believe she wants the drama on some level.

No one is helping her by feeding the illness and not referring her to her doctors at this point.

Wouldnt suprise me if she threw the drunk driving around the corner thing to get a rise out of everyone

Stop feeding it. LORD HAVE MERCY

OK, then what would you suggest? John

2muchpain 07-19-2019 01:14 PM

Sweeti. if there was ever an example of a need for you to go in patient, this is it. John

Bonniefloyd 07-19-2019 01:20 PM

It’s not safe to drive any distance while under the influence. Accidents can happen anywhere. Just off off the top of my head:

One time a neighbor backed right into my car as he was pulling out of his driveway. My cousin almost ran over her own kid when she was drunk and swapping the cars around in her driveway. (His bike was destroyed) Another person I used to know totaled her car about a block away from her house. People can and do get into accidents, drunk or not, when they are close to home. It’s not even that unusual.

Anna 07-19-2019 01:45 PM

Some posts have been removed.

This thread is closed.