SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Newcomers to Recovery (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/)
-   -   Weekender Thread 8-11 March 2019 (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/436902-weekender-thread-8-11-march-2019-a.html)

MantaLady 03-13-2019 01:13 PM

Originally Posted by MidnightBlue (Post 7143474)
He said “It looks good on you”.

I thought “You have no idea”

Once again MB I find myself belly laughing out loud at your wonderful honesty!

Willow00 03-13-2019 02:27 PM

Happy Thursday morning everyone :)
I really love this time of year ❤️
Sunrise this morning

https://i.imgur.com/8mV1k1Sl.jpg

STDragon 03-13-2019 07:03 PM

Originally Posted by Willow68 (Post 7143514)
Happy Thursday morning everyone :)
I really love this time of year ❤️
Sunrise this morning

Did you take that picture? It's so lovely. I'll be glad to see the wet dirty snow leave and the summer return here.

PhoenixJ 03-13-2019 09:24 PM

Beautiful autumn day waaaay down south from Willow's tropics.

theVman31 03-13-2019 10:01 PM

Hola
Beautiful pic Willow.
Glad you are enjoying the karate MB :)

Early start so coffee required... I might make some scrambled eggs on toast this morning !

This weekend is Paddy's weekend. I am enrolled in 10km trail on Paddy's day. Paddy's day many many years ago used to be the pi$$ up of all pi$$ ups of the year. Then I just progressed to a miserable Alco and no occasions were required. It's great to be free.

saoutchik 03-13-2019 11:59 PM

Morning everyone, it's a great feeling being free of alcohol isn't it VMan.

Beautiful pic Willow. I guess going from summer to autumn in the north of Australia is not a cause for sadness like it is here.

It has been very windy in London for a week now (and the rest of Britain no doubt). It renders my umbrella pretty much useless.

Guener 03-14-2019 12:56 AM

Wow, it's already Thursday, my week off is going by like a strange dream. I'm feeling mentally more organized than I was a few days ago, and that is a relief.

My cats are brighter than me and are still asleep at this dark hour, but I'm wide awake and thinking that I will work on a crossword puzzle for a while. It's an odd existence at times that I have, waking at all hours, but I kind of enjoy it as long as I feel rested each day. There is always something here to read that may be instructive or even funny, and Willow's pic makes me think of the warmer days that are coming ahead for me in this hemisphere and area of my country.

I'm looking forward to today.

Willow00 03-14-2019 01:06 AM

Yes Dragon I took that photo this morning. This time of year is very beautiful here.
The next 6 months are the best time of year to be in the tropics. The summer is disgustingly hot and humid. It’s still really hot during the day here but is starting to cool off in the evenings.

Is it cooling off down where you are PJ?

You’re right Sao, this is coming into our nice time and definitely not a cause for sadness. I lived in the UK for a while, a lifetime ago, and I remember the bleakness of the dark days. I’m sure I was suffering from SAD. I had to come home to Australia, I was feeling so sad and homesick. I think I need lots of sunshine to thrive.

I hope you’re all having a good day :)

Mags1 03-14-2019 03:07 AM

Hiya Weekenders :wave:

I hope you’re all ok :)

Willow, gorgeous pic you took, I love it.

The weekend is nearly upon , this week has flown by, probably with the strong winds we’re having :)

Have a good day :wavey:

STDragon 03-14-2019 03:59 AM

Like I've said before, I don't mind a fast moving week, I just wish the weekends could be slowed down. Not drinking has given me so much more weekend back but I want more sober weekend time!

PhoenixJ 03-14-2019 04:33 AM

Yep Willow, for this week- ack to temp's in the mid to high 20's(C). Cannot say about after that.

biminiblue 03-14-2019 06:41 AM

The second eaglet E13 got knocked off its night roost by a large owl night before last. The video is here:

Of course all the cam-watchers have been holding our breath that the eagle wasn't hurt - it was a fast and serious punch, and other eagles have been injured and killed this way but that eaglet fledged this morning and is flying around like a pro.

All's well in the pasture.

biminiblue 03-14-2019 06:53 AM

I want to be at that beach, Willow. Beautiful image.

saoutchik 03-14-2019 10:20 AM

Pesky Owls!

Just you wait, soon penguins will learn to fly and then...world domination.

biminiblue 03-14-2019 10:31 AM

God have mercy.

The owl attack reminded me that I used to watch the Oklahoma City Owl Cam live stream back-in the-day. This owl family nests in a flower pot on the Juliet balcony of a family home and has done so for seven years.

Someone tell me, "No!"

They're on HatchWatch. Imminent chicks. Ugh. :lol:

Her website: OKC Owlcam General info
The people in the house run this site and the young girl (about 12/14 YO?) is the one who is really behind all this.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mW3QQ4rdsQo

It is a nice quiet way to spend time and no brain power involved - perfect for early sobriety. Nice peaceful image to have up on the screen.

theVman31 03-14-2019 11:59 AM

Long day it's time to chill.
Goodnight weekenders..

MidnightBlue 03-14-2019 12:17 PM

Hi, weekenders.

Willow - WOW! What a picture. I am full of white jealousy because it looks incredible.

Sao - Can’t wait to see flying penguins.

Dragon - Time flies too fast to my taste.

Bedtime.

See you)

STDragon 03-14-2019 07:27 PM

It's happening sooner than you think!

https://youtu.be/9dfWzp7rYR4

CaptainHaddock 03-14-2019 07:38 PM

Sao, the thought of flying penguins truly scares me. With wings that small I shudder to even imagine their means of propulsion....especially if we are to assume they’ll congregate in huge flocks not unlike their terrestrial cousins.

CaptainHaddock 03-14-2019 08:06 PM

Originally Posted by STDragon (Post 7144442)
It's happening sooner than you think!

Lol Dragon, that clip was amazing. I only openened it after I had made my previous post, and though mentioning this would hopefully draw attention away from my previous post, which is no longer suited to editing.