SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Newcomers to Recovery (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/)
-   -   Weekender Thread 22-25 February 2019 (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/436581-weekender-thread-22-25-february-2019-a.html)

MesaMan 02-24-2019 11:11 AM

Guess I'll just drop this right here...

~ 'Love Is In The Air' ~ Tom Jones ~

The return leg of this Trailer Trip was just solidly booked in Vegas, so I'm away now to hike the Desert with MesaDog in overdue Sun and warmth. Vegas is crankin', apparently. 'Twas tough, initially, to find us a RV Site to stay at. I got Persistence to burn now in Sobriety, so I keep at something until it resolves.

Back to MesaVille 1 Week from today. No hurry. It was 6 F [-14 C] there this Morning.

MantaLady 02-24-2019 11:16 AM

Goodnight everyone, take care and here’s to another sober weekend! xx

Kaily 02-24-2019 12:39 PM

Good Luck with the new job tomorrow Manta.

andyh 02-24-2019 01:59 PM

Originally Posted by Kaily (Post 7131977)
Good Luck with the new job tomorrow Manta.

yes, good luck tomorrow Manta, I'm sure you'll be great :)

WaterOx 02-24-2019 02:03 PM

sup everyone. Grateful for a Sunday afternoon with no hangover.

Willow00 02-24-2019 02:13 PM

Great posts everyone !
I really love catching up with you all with my morning coffee :)
SR and coffee in the morning really is a highlight of my day, so thanks guys ❤️

Good luck Manta!

Mascara is about all I can manage too MB :) enjoy your date with Hell maybe :)

PJ I think we do store up memories to bring out at a later, safer time. I suspect I’ll also have quite a number pop up during my dealings with the grief counsellor. There are definitely some complicated memories underlying some of my feelings of grief and guilt associated with losing my parents, some of which the counsellor says are irrational feelings of guilt that likely have arisen from suppressed memories and emotional trauma that I haven’t dealt with from my childhood. I know I didn’t deal with things at all well back then, I tried not to think about what was happening and my way of “coping“ was to start drinking heavily aged 15.... and keeping drinking for the next 35 years. So it’s only now that I’m starting to unpack those things and actually examine them probably... hopefully so I can heal, and process this grief better...

Monday morning here and I’m starting my new work contract today... plus another casual job. Two new jobs at once... both part-time so I will fit them in around each other. I’m sure it will work out fine but I’m rather nervous about how it will all pan out....

andyh 02-24-2019 02:31 PM

good luck with the new jobs Willow! :)

PhoenixJ 02-24-2019 02:32 PM

great post Willow

saoutchik 02-24-2019 03:58 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Good luck with the new jobs Manta, Willow.

It is way past my bedtime here, I have been visiring my older sister and BIL and lost track of time.

This pic was taken coincidentally outside my sisters around Halloween of 2015 and unlike you girls my makeup is perfect.

G'night. Don't have nightmares!

MidnightBlue 02-24-2019 04:44 PM

Jeez, I was literally sleeping on my feet and now I am hit with severe insomnia:headbange

Good luck with your new jobs, Manta and Willow!

Sao - You surely know your way with makeup.

Phoenix - I second what you say about brain and memories. Using boxing analogy I'd say that the brain releases a dangerous opponent when we are ready to face it. Never easy though.

Ok, I am making another attempt to get some sleep.

See you.

STDragon 02-24-2019 06:41 PM

https://youtu.be/nasJY2wSDB4

CaptainHaddock 02-24-2019 07:17 PM

Morning Weekenders!

Even though I didn’t sleep too well last night I had a dream where the saying “a problem shared is a problem halved” came up several times. Guess my subconscious is trying to tell me something.

Have a great Monday everyone, especially Manta and Willow with the brand new jobs!

Mags1 02-24-2019 07:48 PM

Morning Weekenders

Good luck with your new jobs from me too, Manta and Willow :c011:

MB, sounds like you had a good date (spending time with someone you like) :wink:

saou, Alice Cooper - Eat your heart out!

Have a good day - sober

listae 02-24-2019 08:13 PM

Thanks Weekenders for sharing your insights. Despite many of the conflicted decisions, grief, and struggles, you all teach me that it is much better to face life with clarity and patience. On sober weekend (no. 8), I went on the longest walk since I quit drinking. I'm increasingly trying to enjoy the simple pleasures of the day and also to simplify living.

See you next weekend.

Mags1 02-24-2019 09:47 PM

listae, see you next weekend! :You_Rock_

Mags1 02-24-2019 09:51 PM

I’ve gotta come clean!.......

Saoutchik, I thought the same about you as I did Dee in the beginning! That you were a girl! ::a096:......mainly due to your kind, level headed and empathetic nature!

(Disclaimer: this is not to say I think boys are the opposite! :) )

MantaLady 02-24-2019 10:23 PM

Thanks Everyone and Good luck Willow too! x

MidnightBlue 02-24-2019 10:41 PM

Morning, weekenders.

I got some sleep eventually though feel like I am hit by a truck.

Dragon - What are you hinting at? :headbang:

Hi, Captain. Share whatever you feel like sharing with us.

I am having coffee and trying to put myself in a more or less productive mood.

Have a great week, everyone!

Dee74 02-24-2019 10:46 PM

Best wishes for tomorrow ML :)

D

theVman31 02-24-2019 11:10 PM

Morning all.
The thread is flowing along nicely.
Yes you will rock the new job Manta.
And good luck to all the job hunters.
Have a great day weekenders.
V.