SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Newcomers to Recovery (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/)
-   -   When it hits hard😱😱😱😱 (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/435873-when-hits-hard.html)

Doris47 01-29-2019 05:41 PM

So why am I so broken ???????

Doris47 01-29-2019 05:52 PM

So why am I so broken ??????? I feel my mind fragmenting,I'm holding on with the tips of my fingers, arggggggggg. Ffs I just gotta hold on man, just hold tonight. I'm going to go try get some sleep 😭 fit full sleep .tomorrow a new day.

Dee74 01-29-2019 05:57 PM

Don;t overwhelm yourself Doris.
Your one task right now should be to stay sober.

Later on when your mind and body have settled down again you can start to look at yourself and whether you still still you'll broken and what to do about that.

The temptation is to look at how do I fix me first...but trust me its a lot easier to do that a few months down the track when your brains not like swiss cheese and you're off the emotional rollercoaster of early recovery..

Hope you get a good nights rest and that things look better in the morning.

D

HopefulYear777 01-29-2019 06:21 PM

Doris- good luck in your sobriety. Music doesn't trigger me but your ordeal reminds me of the times I had a breakup with an ex and practically every song on the radio would cause me to burst into tears or get depressed. Years later, those thoughts never enter my mind when I hear the same music. Hang in there.
Hope

Fearlessat50 01-29-2019 06:29 PM

You are going to be fine, Doris. Try some deep breathing and remind yourself this will pass and take it one day at a time. You only need to think about one breath at a time. Don’t get ahead of yourself.

I love music too and all kinds of music trigger my emotions. I cry when a i hear music that reminds me of loved ones who have passed, then there’s music that reminds me of various party days or drinking times. In time, though, I’ve been able to listen to all of this music again without feeling so emotional.

I also found my music tastes have changed. I love listening to relaxing piano and guitar music and meditation tracks on a YouTube or other apps. Maybe you could check it out? When I’m working out or feel like dancing in the kitchen, I like other kinds of music, most of it different from the music I used to listen to long ago.

Stay strong. You can do it.

Snowydelrico 01-29-2019 10:46 PM

Like Dee says, one thing at a time.
Don’t over think it.

‘Keep what ya’ got’ (by giving it all away) Ian brown
Good luck today.

Snowydelrico 01-30-2019 02:56 AM

Chaos to harmony ( Ian brown)

Doris47 01-30-2019 04:06 AM

Originally Posted by Snowydelrico (Post 7111469)
Chaos to harmony ( Ian brown)

Love this 😀

Arpeggioh 01-30-2019 04:59 AM

Hey Doris, I'm a music freak myself, and understand how it can influence and affect mood, how lyrics can resonate and seem to fit our personal lives, how all encompassing it can feel.

Since we're all mentioning music selections, I'm going to second Fearless and mention a totally different genre that totally transports me: ambient "meditation" music has no lyrics to relate to, or trigger me, or bring back specific memories of the old days. Anything by Liquid Mind or Deuter makes me breathe deeper, slows my thoughts, encourages me to close my eyes and just "be." You might find it therapeutic (or it might make you roll your eyes and laugh!) Wishing you some peace of mind...Arp