SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Newcomers to Recovery (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/)
-   -   Heart stress test tomorrow. Drank today and can't go to AA (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/435421-heart-stress-test-tomorrow-drank-today-cant-go-aa.html)

sweetichick 01-10-2019 11:13 PM

Originally Posted by tomsteve (Post 7096039)
good!
now about that detox and rehab that was asked about earlier. sure hope theres no more excuses for them.

I don't need detox and can't go to rehab. They are not excuses but reasons why. There's a big difference. Unless you are calling me a list Your in AA. Haven't you seen the miracles that happen there.

sweetichick 01-10-2019 11:13 PM

I meant liar

Meraviglioso 01-10-2019 11:43 PM

Originally Posted by sweetichick (Post 7096406)
With the detox, I detoxes myself with the help of valium. Currently on day 2. I don't post unless there is something to talk about. I don't think people are really interested in hearing about cleaning but I will make more of an effort. I am still dealing with my mother who has decided to disown me because I rang her too much trying to find out what was happening with Christmas. I don't care though it hurts a bit. She is happy in her isolation. With rehab my sponsor agrees I can't go. So instead I have to do an AA meeting everyday for 3 months. That's hard work. It has to be a daily decision not to pick up and instead go to the meeting. Thanks for your concern Mera.

Ah, I see. Is there no option there for inpatient detox? It's such a shame you can't work out a way to get to a free rehab or find a way to get a loan or something for rehab. For the alcohol, yes, but you also just really seem to need a break from life. I think such an alcohol free period, accompanied by a time away from the problems you have going on, would give you a good start at staying sober.
I understand the difficulty. Though my decision was not financial (well in part it was, I had to leave my daily work) it was more logistical. It took me forever to get over that hump in my head.
I just can't recommend rehab enough, really. I recall even calling up my psychologist there, many months later and asking if I could come back for a week or two. I was having a hard time emotionally and just wanted out and the place I remembered feeling the safest and most cared for was there. She asked if I was drinking and I told her honestly, no. She said "this isn't a hotel dear" She did make an outpatient appointment with me to come in for a few sessions with her, but wouldn't give me a bed!

tomsteve 01-11-2019 04:36 AM

Originally Posted by sweetichick (Post 7096681)
I meant liar

welp- ya said you were scheduled for detox and that didnt happen for some reason.
yes- i have seen miracles in AA- by people that do more than go to ameeting every day.
yes- i am being harsh. sometimes its necessary to get through to people just like it was necessary to get through to me.

wildflower70 01-11-2019 05:57 AM

I just want to chime in and send you a big hug sweetchick:grouphug:. I'm not recommending a home detox, but I did it, and I'm now 4 months sober and working my plan. Sending you some much needed support!!

Preciousguppy 01-11-2019 06:10 AM

Sweeti, may I say that I see so much of myself in you. By that I mean that I deeply resented anyone who spoke to me plainly and honestly about my out of control drinking. And that caused me to drink and drink some more.

You may not like the approach some have, but we as alcoholics must remember that the anger is ours. Rehab or not, recognize that anger kills us, causing us to drink "at" people, which nearly killed me. The people who angered me about the things they said were absolutely correct.

I hope you can see that people here who reply to you are ALL on your side. If they weren't, they wouldn't spend their precious time trying to help you.

Good thoughts and prayers for your recovery.

AnvilheadII 01-11-2019 06:36 AM

did you find the time to get to a meeting yesterday? and are you going to at least one today?

ardy 01-11-2019 06:53 AM

Sweetchick.. a heart stress test.. I had to do that. what a mess. you are going to need the time to recover. kekekekke and then I never heard from the Doc but got the bill.. had to have passed the test for the Bill was over 45,000 dollars and I did not fall down dead from the shock. hahahaha good luck....

sweetichick 01-11-2019 03:26 PM

Originally Posted by ardy (Post 7096933)
Sweetchick.. a heart stress test.. I had to do that. what a mess. you are going to need the time to recover. kekekekke and then I never heard from the Doc but got the bill.. had to have passed the test for the Bill was over 45,000 dollars and I did not fall down dead from the shock. hahahaha good luck....

$45000 that's unbelievable! I got mine for free but. had to wait 8 months. Part of the free hospital system in Australia.. Geez I got off lightly.

sweetichick 01-11-2019 03:40 PM

It's not free for everyone only those on government benefits.

Jules714 01-12-2019 03:43 AM

Department of Health | The Drug and Alcohol Program

This should be a good start to finding assistance with detox/rehab.
You *need it.
AA: " as desperate as the dying can be"
Everyone hopes you make it happen for yourself.
In the interim if you are interested in AA there is a ton of literature you can read at home any time. They say its uncomfortable to have a head full of AA and a belly full of beer. Perhaps learning more about the program will help soothe you when you feel like reaching for a drink.
You really can recover.
Jules

Delilah1 01-13-2019 10:16 AM

Hi Sweeti,

Just checking in to see how you're doing. Hope you've been getting to meetings.

sweetichick 01-13-2019 03:33 PM

Originally Posted by Delilah1 (Post 7098562)
Hi Sweeti,

Just checking in to see how you're doing. Hope you've been getting to meetings.

I had another slip and are back on day 2. I am really exhausted from no sleep and are waiting on a delivery. I did 3 online AA meetings yesterday and talked all day on chat about sobriety. Really struggling ATM.

Delilah1 01-13-2019 04:03 PM

Can you use your insurance to get yourself into a detox?

Delilah1 01-13-2019 04:08 PM

Here is information for the Salvation Army in Australia, you should at least try contacting them.

https://salvos.org.au/need-help/addi...ehabilitation/

sweetichick 01-13-2019 04:37 PM

Originally Posted by Delilah1 (Post 7098755)
Here is information for the Salvation Army in Australia, you should at least try contacting them.

https://salvos.org.au/need-help/addi...ehabilitation/

I have contacted them, they aren't putting anymore people on their waiting list. I don't have private health insurance. Thanks for the encouragement. It all seems so hopeless. I am really scared I will die from drinking.

Anna 01-13-2019 04:39 PM

I'm sorry to hear that you drank again, Sweeti.

What do you think you can do to stop drinking and recover?

sweetichick 01-13-2019 04:54 PM

Originally Posted by Preciousguppy (Post 7096884)
Sweeti, may I say that I see so much of myself in you. By that I mean that I deeply resented anyone who spoke to me plainly and honestly about my out of control drinking. And that caused me to drink and drink some more.

You may not like the approach some have, but we as alcoholics must remember that the anger is ours. Rehab or not, recognize that anger kills us, causing us to drink "at" people, which nearly killed me. The people who angered me about the things they said were absolutely correct.

I hope you can see that people here who reply to you are ALL on your side. If they weren't, they wouldn't spend their precious time trying to help you.

Good thoughts and prayers for your recovery.

Originally Posted by Anna (Post 7098773)
I'm sorry to hear that you drank again, Sweeti.

What do you think you can do to stop drinking and recover?

I feel like I have tried everything. I turned my life over to God and that has helped. Maybe exercise, more Aa. I can't do f2f meetings atm till I get my strength back. Eat healthier. I can barely walk up the stairs to my bedroom ATM. Do more meditation. Stop giving in when I have uncomfortable emotions, Read novels. Don't get overwhelmed. That's all I can think of ATM.

Dee74 01-13-2019 04:57 PM

Hi sweetichick - I appreciate it's hard for you to get to face to face meetings right now but can you see how whacked out it is that you've been still going out to get booze?

I'm sure the bottle shop is closer but thats not the point, yeah?

Recovery means effort - you gotta make sure you're putting in the right kind pf effort.

I really believe you can do this - but only if you commit to new ways of dealing with life and its problems :)

D

suki44883 01-13-2019 05:01 PM

The alcohol doesn't just magically appear in your hand. You have to actively pursue it. You have to drive to the store, walk to the shelf, pick up the bottles, carry them to the checkout, pay for them, take them home, open them and pour a drink. These are all conscious actions and you can see how many steps it takes in order for you to drink.

Sweeti, have you asked your doctor about prescribing Antabuse? Of course, if he did, you would have to be willing to take it regularly. Is that an option?