SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Newcomers to Recovery (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/)
-   -   Today I choose to be sober (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/435384-today-i-choose-sober.html)

Shilla 01-07-2019 07:22 AM

Today I choose to be sober

The never ending cycle is draining. I will not go on like this. Today I am sober, tomorrow I will be sober. I will take it one day at a time. Thank you all for your amazing, inspiring stories on staying sober. Thank you.

doggonecarl 01-07-2019 07:45 AM

Originally Posted by Shilla (Post 7094086)
Today I am sober, tomorrow I will be sober. I will take it one day at a time.

That's how it's done.

Commit to sobriety. Stick to it. And do whatever you have to do to support your decision to quit.

Dee74 01-07-2019 04:10 PM

Welcome back Shilla :)

d

Mango212 01-07-2019 05:19 PM

Good luck, Shilla. One day at a time is a good start. Do you have a sober support network?

least 01-07-2019 05:32 PM

I hope our support can help you get and stay sober for good. :grouphug:

Ghostlight1 01-07-2019 05:36 PM

Yes, it's a never ending cycle and I was circling the drain. I couldn't go on like that
One day at a time I can manage. I wish the same for you.
Best to you.

thomas11 01-07-2019 06:35 PM

Keep doing the next right thing, which early on is to stay sober each day right? I recall going through some moderate withdrawals and I was white knuckling it almost minute by minute. A minute seemed to last an hour, and hour a day etc....that misery contributed greatly to my decision to quit.

SoberLeigh 01-07-2019 06:43 PM

Morning choosing sobriety is the best decision ever.

Shilla 01-07-2019 08:40 PM

Good Morning. Day one down, and today I choose sobriety. The insomina was horrendous, but rather that than a hangover. The uncomfortable will pass, and I will rather have that, then the continued hangovers. Time to start day two, I choose a sober one. Thank you for the words of encouragement. I have to put a plan in place, and just work it, no more excuses.:thanks

August252015 01-08-2019 03:49 AM

Glad you are here, Shilla. Today's a great day to start that plan!

Shilla 01-08-2019 01:00 PM

Day two down. Now in bed. I choose a sober Wednesday. Signed up foe gym today, at first this voice in my head kept telling all the reasons why I wasn't ready for gym, just got up before it cconvinced, drove to the gym and signed up. Something I have always wanted to do, but gave myself all reason on why the time wasn't right. Time for bed, I am sure it will not be any east sleep, but know if I keep at I will soon have peaceful nights. Thank you again for the amazing support.

doggonecarl 01-08-2019 01:14 PM

Originally Posted by Shilla (Post 7094891)
Day two down.

Way to go!

Set modest goals at the gym if you aren't used to exercise. Nothing too strenuous in the beginning. Sign up for a class or two, something fun. Perhaps work with a personal trainer. Fitness, like recovery, takes a measure of accountability.

Ghostlight1 01-08-2019 03:45 PM

That is awesome!
Congratulations on two days.
And on joining the gym. I think that's a great idea. I have a home gym and love working out.
I'll go in and ride the bike if I start getting a craving for anything like cigarettes . It works great.

Best to you and onto day three.

Shilla 01-09-2019 01:15 AM

Another morning sober 😁. Last nights sleep went better then I thought and that crazy anxiety, sweating, itching and tingling has subsided. Dealing with allegrgy/flu like symptoms, but rather this than a hangover and withdrawals anyday. This is what usually happens, on day four you feel human again, and convince yourself that hey what will one drink do? Well it leads to a binge, that's what. So I will be staying very very close to SR for the next 30days, because I know the power I have given my AV. Have to remain super vigilant, as I know my archnemesis (AV) will throw everything at me to pick up. Today I choose to be sober. Thanks SR friends for the support. I will persevere.

August252015 01-09-2019 02:55 AM

That's great Shilla - glad you are checking in with us everyday.

I found that at first, pretty much all I could do was basic stuff. Like 1 shower 2 walk the dog 3 eat twice. So much seemed overwhelming if I didn't start w just being sober and consider anything beyond that a victory of a day, sometimes "just the being sober" part was enough! That was strange, but helpful.

Keep going!

Shilla 01-09-2019 12:39 PM

Gamorh Another day sober, yay😁. Made it to the gym, the steam after an awesome hour workout was amazing. Tomorrow I choose to be sober. Goodnight and have a brilliant sober day. Thank you SR friends, your encouragement is amazing. :You_Rock_

Broncosys 01-09-2019 12:46 PM

Shilla, isn't is great, even in the middle of the night when you are struggling to sleep, to know with certainty that you will be absolutely fine the next day physically and mentally? In early sobriety that was so empowering to me. It made me happy even in the middle of the night.

thomas11 01-10-2019 05:08 AM

Congrats on a great start!!

HopefulYear777 01-10-2019 05:21 AM

Congratulations Shilla! I love hearing about your daily progress. Noon today will be my 9th day. Sending you good thoughts and energy!

Shilla 01-10-2019 01:05 PM

Another sober day. Though I feel physically ok, mentally I seem to be constantly easily agitated and irritated. I guess my brain is rattled on why it is not getting it's liquid poison. I just have to remember that as long as I remain sober by brain will settle down. I will rather be irritated, agitated and angry than be drunk and hungover. I went to the gym and the negative emotions subsided for a while. Goodnight SR friends your support means so much to me. Have a brilliant fun filled sober day. :tyou