Notices

Today I choose to be sober

Old 01-07-2019, 07:22 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Today I choose to be sober

The never ending cycle is draining. I will not go on like this. Today I am sober, tomorrow I will be sober. I will take it one day at a time. Thank you all for your amazing, inspiring stories on staying sober. Thank you.
Old 01-07-2019, 07:45 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Canine Welfare Advocate

Originally Posted by Shilla View Post
Today I am sober, tomorrow I will be sober. I will take it one day at a time.
That's how it's done.

Commit to sobriety. Stick to it. And do whatever you have to do to support your decision to quit.
Old 01-07-2019, 04:10 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Administrator

Welcome back Shilla

d
Old 01-07-2019, 05:19 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Life is good

Good luck, Shilla. One day at a time is a good start. Do you have a sober support network?
Old 01-07-2019, 05:32 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

I hope our support can help you get and stay sober for good.
Old 01-07-2019, 05:36 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Yes, it's a never ending cycle and I was circling the drain. I couldn't go on like that
One day at a time I can manage. I wish the same for you.
Best to you.
Old 01-07-2019, 06:35 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Keep doing the next right thing, which early on is to stay sober each day right? I recall going through some moderate withdrawals and I was white knuckling it almost minute by minute. A minute seemed to last an hour, and hour a day etc....that misery contributed greatly to my decision to quit.
Old 01-07-2019, 06:43 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Morning choosing sobriety is the best decision ever.
Old 01-07-2019, 08:40 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Good Morning. Day one down, and today I choose sobriety. The insomina was horrendous, but rather that than a hangover. The uncomfortable will pass, and I will rather have that, then the continued hangovers. Time to start day two, I choose a sober one. Thank you for the words of encouragement. I have to put a plan in place, and just work it, no more excuses.
Old 01-08-2019, 03:49 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Glad you are here, Shilla. Today's a great day to start that plan!
Old 01-08-2019, 01:00 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Day two down. Now in bed. I choose a sober Wednesday. Signed up foe gym today, at first this voice in my head kept telling all the reasons why I wasn't ready for gym, just got up before it cconvinced, drove to the gym and signed up. Something I have always wanted to do, but gave myself all reason on why the time wasn't right. Time for bed, I am sure it will not be any east sleep, but know if I keep at I will soon have peaceful nights. Thank you again for the amazing support.
Old 01-08-2019, 01:14 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  
Canine Welfare Advocate

Originally Posted by Shilla View Post
Day two down.
Way to go!

Set modest goals at the gym if you aren't used to exercise. Nothing too strenuous in the beginning. Sign up for a class or two, something fun. Perhaps work with a personal trainer. Fitness, like recovery, takes a measure of accountability.
Old 01-08-2019, 03:45 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  

That is awesome!
Congratulations on two days.
And on joining the gym. I think that's a great idea. I have a home gym and love working out.
I'll go in and ride the bike if I start getting a craving for anything like cigarettes . It works great.

Best to you and onto day three.
Old 01-09-2019, 01:15 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  

Another morning sober 😁. Last nights sleep went better then I thought and that crazy anxiety, sweating, itching and tingling has subsided. Dealing with allegrgy/flu like symptoms, but rather this than a hangover and withdrawals anyday. This is what usually happens, on day four you feel human again, and convince yourself that hey what will one drink do? Well it leads to a binge, that's what. So I will be staying very very close to SR for the next 30days, because I know the power I have given my AV. Have to remain super vigilant, as I know my archnemesis (AV) will throw everything at me to pick up. Today I choose to be sober. Thanks SR friends for the support. I will persevere.
Old 01-09-2019, 02:55 AM
  # 15 (permalink)  

That's great Shilla - glad you are checking in with us everyday.

I found that at first, pretty much all I could do was basic stuff. Like 1 shower 2 walk the dog 3 eat twice. So much seemed overwhelming if I didn't start w just being sober and consider anything beyond that a victory of a day, sometimes "just the being sober" part was enough! That was strange, but helpful.

Keep going!
Old 01-09-2019, 12:39 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  

Gamorh Another day sober, yay😁. Made it to the gym, the steam after an awesome hour workout was amazing. Tomorrow I choose to be sober. Goodnight and have a brilliant sober day. Thank you SR friends, your encouragement is amazing.
Old 01-09-2019, 12:46 PM
  # 17 (permalink)  

Shilla, isn't is great, even in the middle of the night when you are struggling to sleep, to know with certainty that you will be absolutely fine the next day physically and mentally? In early sobriety that was so empowering to me. It made me happy even in the middle of the night.
Old 01-10-2019, 05:08 AM
  # 18 (permalink)  

Congrats on a great start!!
Old 01-10-2019, 05:21 AM
  # 19 (permalink)  

Congratulations Shilla! I love hearing about your daily progress. Noon today will be my 9th day. Sending you good thoughts and energy!
Old 01-10-2019, 01:05 PM
  # 20 (permalink)  

Another sober day. Though I feel physically ok, mentally I seem to be constantly easily agitated and irritated. I guess my brain is rattled on why it is not getting it's liquid poison. I just have to remember that as long as I remain sober by brain will settle down. I will rather be irritated, agitated and angry than be drunk and hungover. I went to the gym and the negative emotions subsided for a while. Goodnight SR friends your support means so much to me. Have a brilliant fun filled sober day.