SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Newcomers to Recovery (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/)
-   -   Pretty close to bottom (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/432644-pretty-close-bottom.html)

brandilynncd 09-24-2018 06:48 PM

Pretty close to bottom

Just about there. Need help.

brandilynncd 09-24-2018 07:04 PM

right now feeling so low. dont even have the courage to talk to someone.

Fearlessat50 09-24-2018 07:06 PM

Hi Brandily, what’s going on? Are you safe? Are you having withdrawals? It’s hard to know what you need right now without knowing where you are at in the drinking cycle. From reading through your previous posts, outside support might be a good idea in addition to coming here to SR. Have you thought about rehab or consulting your doctor? I’m here to support you.

Fearlessat50 09-24-2018 07:09 PM

Originally Posted by brandilynncd (Post 7019399)
right now feeling so low. dont even have the courage to talk to someone.

I’ve been there before as many of us here have. It’s an awful horrible place to be. You are not alone. If you don’t want to talk to anyone, can you keep reading here, checking in and posting? Can you stay with your feelings and know they will pass? I know this is really hard.

wildflower70 09-24-2018 07:22 PM

Hi Brandy,

I have been where you are now, with feelings of hopelessness and Despair. It will get better, talking about it here is a good first step. You can feel free to share here...we are listening and want to help:grouphug:

least 09-24-2018 07:29 PM

You can always come here, we'll listen to you. :grouphug: You're not alone. :hug:

Verdantia 09-24-2018 07:57 PM

Hey, Brandilynn--stick around here with us and post; this place has been a vital part of my recovery. I've been to the point of absolute despair-- I have seen the bottom and I am so sorry you have to go through it--but there is a fabulous, sober life ahead of you. You don't ever have to feel this way again. Lean on us-we are here for you.

Maudcat 09-24-2018 08:49 PM

Listening. How are you doing?

snitch 09-25-2018 04:46 AM

I have been there. I first posted here in the dead of night when I was at my bottom and in the pits of hopelessness and despair. Please take comfort in the fact that, although you are feeling like this now, it does get better. I promise. And that all of us here have felt the same way and we are here for you. X x

Wastinglife 09-25-2018 04:55 AM

I have been at rock bottom for years. I have attempted to 'climb' many times, but haven't got it right yet. I'm in a very deep hole. Staying sober is difficult for me because then I have to face the rest of my problems that I let pile up for a decade. I get so overwhelmed by it all, I shut down. I don't see many beacons of hope to stay motivated. I am not suicidal, but I understand why people do commit suicide. They suffer immensely inside. Don't mean to be morbid, just stuck with no where to go.

brandilynncd 09-25-2018 11:40 AM

Here we go.

Day 1 begins. Again.

Stay sober today brandi.

Opivotal 09-25-2018 11:54 AM

Try and stay positive, brandilynncd. Doesn't matter how many day ones you have. Today is a new day!

Support made a big difference in my staying sober.

We're here for you. :You_Rock_

Dee74 09-25-2018 06:23 PM

Welcome back brandi - use the support here - it can really help you get through without drinking :)

why not check out our September support thread? :)
https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums...rt-one-18.html

D

Delilah1 09-25-2018 06:41 PM

Welcome back Brandi, glad you're here!!!

brandilynncd 09-27-2018 02:12 PM

predictably i went out last night and got hammered. 8 hours of drinking at my usual spot. wine, vodka, tequila.

didnt even bother to go to work today.

i will probably end up in jail if i don't stop.

least 09-27-2018 02:36 PM

Originally Posted by brandilynncd (Post 7021709)
predictably i went out last night and got hammered. 8 hours of drinking at my usual spot. wine, vodka, tequila.

didnt even bother to go to work today.

i will probably end up in jail if i don't stop.

Are you trying to hit bottom? Because if you keep drinking like that, you probably will, and it won't be pretty. :(

brandilynncd 09-27-2018 02:49 PM

i know that and im trying. but i am failing.

Helianthus 09-27-2018 02:52 PM

I'm sorry that you are struggling :( but you have to make a decision, is it one day sober or day one of sobriety? I vote for day one.

brandilynncd 09-27-2018 03:04 PM

how do i stop? seriously. i dont know how.

least 09-27-2018 03:13 PM

Originally Posted by brandilynncd (Post 7021745)
how do i stop? seriously. i dont know how.

You simply stop drinking. You pour out anything you've got and don't get anymore. You don't take that first drink. It's hard to do but it's so simple. Just stop drinking.