SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Newcomers to Recovery (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/)
-   -   Weekender 03-07 May (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/427133-weekender-03-07-may.html)

MidnightBlue 05-04-2018 09:49 AM

Sorry about your cat, Bim.

saoutchik 05-04-2018 10:14 AM

Aww that's a real shame about your cat bim but to echo what Dean said 17-18 years is a tremendous age. What is his or her name?

Trachy 19/66 and clear blue skies is just perfect (and that is mild for 4th May) It's a beautiful day. This is for you bim

biminiblue 05-04-2018 10:25 AM

Thanks, you guys. I didn't want to post about the cat, but I needed you guys. So, thanks.

It's not fun being at that in-between place of not wanting him to suffer but not wanting to make the decision.

Snufkin 05-04-2018 11:18 AM

Bimini, I'm really sorry about your cat. I've never had to have an animal put down, but if I had to make that decision, I'd be devastated... My cat is my best friend and I love him to pieces.

I've done a lot of work for Uni and my weekend was off to a good start, but then I accidentally hit my little toe on a door frame and I lost my nail!! Worst. Pain. Ever. And it's still bleeding :/

Edit: Ugh I wonder if it's broken. It's so swollen. What do you do with a broken toe??

MidnightBlue 05-04-2018 11:20 AM

Bim - I totally understand you. Long ago when we had to put our dog down it was just impossible to make that call. But he accepted his time to go with stoic calmness. When veterinarian arrived to give him a shot he just walked straight to her and sat near her leg. As if he knew. He took his shot. No drama. Then he sighed and passed away.

I was 21 and cried an entire week after that.

Sao - Thank you for the song!

I am back from the gym, feel better, but still depressed.

I recently joined an online entrepreneurial forum, and even started my own progress thread on my project. I am still chickening out because guys are so jaggernaut and no-nonsense there and don't hesitate to give tough love to each other.

Some of them make 6 figures, and I feel like a total fraud. :headbange

I remind myself how terrified I was when I started boxing and how glad I am that I didn't give up back then. But I am still anxious every time I post there.

But...it's a beautiful day.

Vinny - How's Venice treating you today?

trachemys 05-04-2018 11:32 AM

So, this beautiful woman i know has some anxiety issues stopping her from realizing her dreams. I keep telling her to Go, Girl! She's strong, a boxer, and has amazing abilities. Like a superhero. She just needs a little push, I think.

SHOVE

MidnightBlue 05-04-2018 11:39 AM

Thank you, Trach! You are awesome)

And you are right. I do need a little push)

Snufkin 05-04-2018 01:34 PM

Little Toe Drama Part 2/2

OK, I don’t think it’s broken... The prognosis is I’ll live. :lmao

biminiblue 05-04-2018 02:21 PM

Last toe I broke, I snapped it back into position and then tried not to walk on it for about a month. Doctor Google says tape it to the toe next to it and stay off it.

That was last summer. It didn't really heal very well.

Owie, though. Sounds like a reason to sit and take it easy to me.

venuscat 05-04-2018 02:23 PM

What is it with broken toes?? I have done it 3 times....and that was years before I drank anything stronger than water. :)

biminiblue 05-04-2018 02:24 PM

It's so easy to do...just takes a second of not watching your feet and where you're going. I've done it twice, and one time was in my own house. Nothing had moved!

Horn95 05-04-2018 02:32 PM

From H-Town, home of the future NBA Champions, I am in y'all!!!

DarklingSong 05-04-2018 02:37 PM

Good to see you Horn.

Hawkeye13 05-04-2018 02:51 PM

((((((((Bim))))))))) your kitty will be waiting on the other side of the rainbow bridge when you get there, meanwhile playing with other kitties in beautiful fields with catchable bird constructs,

I'm so sorry--losing a petfriend is hard

Snufkin 05-04-2018 02:59 PM

Thanks guys, I’ve never had anything broken before, so I’m a little toe drama queen. :)

How’s everyone doing? Anything planned for Saturday?

Gilmer 05-04-2018 03:01 PM

I did it a few years ago—blinding, horrifically intense pain!

It hurt like that for about a week, then it “reduced” to just extreme pain, not blinding. :)

It hurt a surprising amount for the better part of a year!

Gilmer 05-04-2018 03:03 PM

Welcome, Horn!

Snufkin 05-04-2018 03:05 PM

That’s terrible, Gilmer! Now I’m a tiny teeny bit terrified :D

venuscat 05-04-2018 03:12 PM

Well not my experience at all Snufkin....my toes heal fast love. :hug: ♥

saoutchik 05-04-2018 03:22 PM

Welcome Horn!

Sorry about your toe Snufkin, that sounds painful.

What part of the body do cannibals suck to freshen their breath?

Men-toes

I better go to bed now...