SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Newcomers to Recovery (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/)
-   -   Weekender 03-07 May (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/427133-weekender-03-07-may.html)

MantaLady 05-07-2018 09:23 AM

1 Attachment(s)
In my grans village today there is actually a fete happening (I am obviously not there) . There will be Maypole dancing and the strange morris dancers that are all men dressed up in white that wave sticks and hankichiefs around whilst prancing around to english folk music.

biminiblue 05-07-2018 09:25 AM

I'm in for anything that involves prancing men. :lmao:

trachemys 05-07-2018 09:35 AM

:dance:

nova84 05-07-2018 09:44 AM

Right...so I mustered up the motivation to sort through some recycling, hoover and water our recently planted bedding plants in the little flower bed we have next to our front door (we live in a flat so don't have a garden). I will be having a shower later and washing my hair. I can't believe how these simple tasks have taken so much effort to do today. I know I will snap back tomorrow once I'm back at work...I find down time can really lower my mood. I do need to create an enjoyable and satisfying life for myself outside of work...which had previously been spent drinking.

MidnightBlue 05-07-2018 09:54 AM

Originally Posted by biminiblue (Post 6887883)
I'm in for anything that involves prancing men. :lmao:

:lmao

DarklingSong 05-07-2018 09:55 AM

Originally Posted by nova84 (Post 6887903)
Right...so I mustered up the motivation to sort through some recycling, hoover and water our recently planted bedding plants in the little flower bed we have next to our front door (we live in a flat so don't have a garden). I will be having a shower later and washing my hair. I can't believe how these simple tasks have taken so much effort to do today. I know I will snap back tomorrow once I'm back at work...I find down time can really lower my mood. I do need to create an enjoyable and satisfying life for myself outside of work...which had previously been spent drinking.

Well done!!
I did an hour in the garden and it was like climbing Mount Everest.

MantaLady 05-07-2018 10:00 AM

I hear you Nova, I have also been doing lots of jobs around the house all week and it's really tiring and hard to keep going. I went swimming on Friday night which is something I used to do twice a week 8 years ago before the drinking set in, I found I really enjoyed it so I now have one thing to put on my "enjoyable stuff that doesn't involve alcohol" list.

You only need to find one thing to start with, hope your first one is coming to you soon!

theVman31 05-07-2018 10:50 AM

nova sometimes the simple tasks feel like running a marathon for me too. I especially hate that feeling in the morning before going to work. :)

Early evening for me. I'm whacked.
Nighty night.
V.

MidnightBlue 05-07-2018 11:33 AM

I will rather do 3 hours of boxing that cleaning my apartment.

Household chores kick my butt every time.

nova84 05-07-2018 11:47 AM

Thanks everyone for the support this weekend. Im a year sober this month and haven't had a weekend like this for months...although pleased to say that at no point did alcohol strike me as a good idea. Onwards and upwards 💜

MidnightBlue 05-07-2018 12:20 PM

I feel whacked too)

Off to bed.

Nighty-night, weekenders)

MidnightBlue 05-07-2018 07:31 PM

Morning, weekenders.

The sun is up and so am I.

Coffee)

STDragon 05-07-2018 08:11 PM

Originally Posted by MidnightBlue (Post 6888470)
Morning, weekenders.

The sun is up and so am I.

Coffee)

An even 7 hours sleep! Morning.

STDragon 05-07-2018 08:13 PM

Originally Posted by MantaLady (Post 6887917)
...so I now have one thing to put on my "enjoyable stuff that doesn't involve alcohol" list...

Just say'n.... :ValA004:
:c031:

MidnightBlue 05-07-2018 08:16 PM

Morning, Dragon!

STDragon 05-07-2018 08:22 PM

https://youtu.be/nmazBxBNffc
Bed time for me.....

theVman31 05-07-2018 10:38 PM

Morning all.
We had a crazy thunder and lightning storm last night. It was cracking and lightning up the sky for a few hours.

Going jogging this morning.
Probably hit the gym too in the afternoon.
It's badly needed.

Coffee calling :)

MidnightBlue 05-08-2018 12:28 AM

Morning, Vinny!

I love thunderstorms!

The gym is also on my radar today. I have my first boxing workout with my new trainer. I googled her and found videos of her fights on youtube. She is quite a badarse.

Off for grocery shopping)

MantaLady 05-08-2018 02:05 AM

Morning All!!

Sorry to be a debbie downer but I am having one of those days. Feel tired, de-motivated and all round down in the dumps. Day 10 today and just feel like I want a break from having to be on top of everything. My 21 year old cat is at the vets today having some treatment and they have to put him under and worrying about that as at his age it is a big risk to do this, but he is a strong old man so fingers crossed.

Had a night of intense horrible dreams, one where I was drinking and at some point my I realised I had a parking fine and was being taken to court for not paying it....I kept waking up talking and at some points shouting in my sleep.

The pool opens again today after the long weekend so I am going to go swimming but that isn't till 8pm tonight, it's going to be a long day!

In the meantime I am going to batch cook and prepare some meals for the next few days (taco jars which is spicy ground turkey in a mason jar and you add layers of salad, tomatoes, kidney beans, sweetcorn, onions, radishes...all the colors of the rainbow and a turkey chilli)

MidnightBlue 05-08-2018 02:19 AM

You are not a Debbie Downer, MantaLady!

It's just life as it is - with highs and lows.

And I know what recipe I am trying next)