SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Newcomers to Recovery (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/)
-   -   Rock Bottom Has Been Hit....... (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/426051-rock-bottom-has-been-hit.html)

Horn95 04-08-2018 09:26 AM

Rock Bottom Has Been Hit.......

On top of everything, my mother passed away. She fell, broker her hip. Had a pulmonary embolism while in the hospital. Man, the hits just keep coming.

LaceMaker 04-08-2018 09:35 AM

I am so very sorry for your loss. :( I have recently lost a parent myself - it hurts beyond words. Please try and think of her more than drinking, I know this sounds useless, but what you are facing now cannot be dealth with unless you are clear-headed! Hugs and warm wishes to you.

jhonnyspa 04-08-2018 09:52 AM

Hi Horn95,

Let me say, that I am truly sorry for your loss and I understand your grief after losing me Ma a few months ago.Trust me drink does not help, deal with grief in the long term. It will only make matters worse and create more problems.Keep posting here there is some great people with worlds of advice.

Nonsensical 04-08-2018 09:56 AM

:grouphug:

What was her best quality that you believe you inherited?

SoberLeigh 04-08-2018 10:25 AM

Horn, I am so very sorry for your tragic loss.

Prayers your way.

Rar 04-08-2018 11:05 AM

Horn, I am so very sorry for the loss of your mother. Losing a parent is so very difficult. I hope good memories of her will bring you comfort. ((HUGS))

Gilmer 04-08-2018 11:12 AM

I’m very sorry, Horn.

DarklingSong 04-08-2018 11:13 AM

So sorry to hear that Horn. Stay close to SR.
Support to you.

MindfulMan 04-08-2018 11:26 AM

I'm so sorry Horn. You're really getting hit with a ton of challenges in early sobriety.

All experiences and emotions are better when deeply felt, even the ones that are painful. You can be present during this time, feel grief, take care of all the myriad things that need to be attended to, deal with family, rather than seeking oblivion and giving yourself more baggage at the far end. Also family and friends will deeply appreciate and feel much empathy with you and what you're going through if you are sober.

This is so much easier said than done, but any progress during this difficult time will be truly a triumph when you look back on it, even in a week or two. If you can face this sober, you can face anything.

DontRemember 04-08-2018 11:26 AM

My condolences...Not an excuse to drink. If anything it's reason to not drink. I just went through this and I couldn't have handled it drinking. My family needed me to be present and clear headed. Also...be prepared to handle the grief stages as they come. Hang in there.

JayTee33 04-08-2018 11:42 AM

I'm very sorry for the loss of your mother Horn95. My thoughts are with you and your family.

Ladysadie 04-08-2018 11:54 AM

Condolences to you on the loss of your mother.

Am2144 04-08-2018 11:57 AM

I am so sorry Horn. i lost my youngest sister almost 2 years ago. I had quite a bit of sobriety under my belt, and lasted through the funeral. A couple days after that I went back into the bottle hard. I regret that so much because I was unable to be there for my other family members while we all grieved because I was so messed up. Try to stay strong and remain sober. Stick near this site. Again, I am so sorry for your loss.

tealily 04-08-2018 01:40 PM

Horn,
I am so sorry, about these devastating losses and everything you are going through. We are here for you, and pulling for you. Better days WILL come.
Hugs to you from all your friends here,
:grouphug:

Hevyn 04-08-2018 01:48 PM

Prayers are going up for you & your family, Horn. Things won't stay this miserable forever - you will rise above these awful times & reclaim your life.

wynwrights 04-08-2018 02:34 PM

My sympathies to you on the loss of your mother.

Dee74 04-08-2018 02:45 PM

I'm very sorry for your loss Horn.
Don't lose yourself to despair - lean on the great support you have here, man.

MyLittleHorsie 04-08-2018 02:50 PM

Sincere condolences Horn.

Just went through it with my husbands father. The pain is unimaginable. Please don't drink. You will only delay the inevitable.

Delilah1 04-08-2018 03:48 PM

Horn,

I am so sorry about the loss of your mom. Sending love, strength and prayers your way.

DangerZone 04-08-2018 04:04 PM

Sorry about the loss of your Mom. I've never experienced that so I can only imagine the pain you are going through right now. Try to remember she is in a better place.

I honestly don't know what to say but I'll try my best to use some words to help you out. Sounds like this is Murphy's law part of your life. Basically if something can go wrong right now it will. Everyone goes through it at some point in their life. You have to fight through it. Better days will be ahead. It might take awhile before you truly feel better but it will happen.

Stay strong and do not let these problems make you drink. Because if you go back to drinking this part of Murphy's Law part of your life can continue and not stop. Fight through it and do it sober!!! You can look back then and say 'if I got through this sober it truly proves that I do not need alcohol. I can deal with anything while being sober and thinking straight'

You can do it man. Good luck and God Bless.