SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Newcomers to Recovery (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/)
-   -   Daily (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/423100-daily.html)

Jillian2563 02-07-2018 07:43 AM

Originally Posted by 59svj (Post 6777328)
Thank you, well tomorrow is Day 1, I can only hope.
As I said before, felt crappy this morning, not from a hangover, I never got those, but the anxiety issue. I appreciate your words of wisdom. Everyone. I can do this!

Why wait until tomorrow? Go ahead and schedule an appointment for your dr. In my experience, they can usually get you in same day. Especially if you’re experiencing anxiety.

59svj 02-07-2018 07:53 AM

I took a drink this morning to kill off my anxiety which I've had a history of for 30 yrs.
Calling for my appointment in a little bit as they are not in yet.

What do you all think they will prescribe?
I already have Xanax then I rarely take and a very small med for depression, lowest dosage possible because I split it in 2.

Thank you for your post!!!

Rar 02-07-2018 09:37 AM

I live mid state around Orlando, about 10-12 miles from the Disney Parks and Seaworld. I suffer from anxiety as well. The thought of stopping drinking filled me with horrible anxiety as I wasn't sure what kind of withdrawal I would have, since I have relapsed before. Since some of your anxiety seems to be related to the actual quit, I would see your doctor and inform him what meds you have. He will tell you a dosage or even prescribe something different. My anxiety has lessened since I quit, though it picks up around normal drinking time. Even that, though, is lessening. I hope you can get an immediate appointment. I'll be thinking of you. Beautiful weather today - just finished golfing, which you should be doing. :)

Rar 02-07-2018 09:40 AM

"I took a drink this morning to kill off my anxiety which I've had a history of for 30 yrs"

I was taking 1/2 xanax in the morning for anxiety, which turned out to be from the drinking the day before. I haven't had to take that 1/2 pill since about my 3rd day of quitting. I'll bet you won't have to either. :)

59svj 02-07-2018 10:15 AM

Originally Posted by Rar (Post 6777658)
"I took a drink this morning to kill off my anxiety which I've had a history of for 30 yrs"

I was taking 1/2 xanax in the morning for anxiety, which turned out to be from the drinking the day before. I haven't had to take that 1/2 pill since about my 3rd day of quitting. I'll bet you won't have to either. :)

Good information, thank you! As for golf, it is a coincidence that I am playing tomorrow at noon, 1s time this year, last time was Oct 2017. Used to be a 5 hdcp, bet I'm not tomorrow lol!!!
Good to know about the Xanax, is that was the Dr's generally prescribe for withdrawl?

Rar 02-07-2018 10:23 AM

Originally Posted by 59svj (Post 6777716)
Good information, thank you! As for golf, it is a coincidence that I am playing tomorrow at noon, 1s time this year, last time was Oct 2017. Used to be a 5 hdcp, bet I'm not tomorrow lol!!!
Good to know about the Xanax, is that was the Dr's generally prescribe for withdrawl?

I don't know what they generally prescribe for withdrawal. I suppose it's up to the doctor who will evaluate you. I didn't see my doctor for withdrawal. My prescription was for generalized anxiety, which my doctor regularly renews.

Good that you're golfing. YAY! It might take a few times golfing to get in the 'swing' of things. I almost had to re-learn and build strength after my shoulder surgery, since it had been almost a year since I had last golfed.