SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Newcomers to Recovery (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/)
-   -   29 days 18 hours and I blew it. Day one again for me. (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/419684-29-days-18-hours-i-blew-day-one-again-me.html)

Hawkeye13 12-02-2017 04:50 PM

I had that right after my last slip

Stay strong and the urge will lesson day by day

Ice cream and exercise helps

Don't give in--not worth it--follow the drink to the end in your mind
and you'll see that too

Hevyn 12-02-2017 05:37 PM

Six, I'm just glad you didn't give up & stop posting. I know you're frustrated & impatient - but you proved to yourself it wasn't worth it. Maybe you'll be more determined now.

Stronger2017 12-02-2017 07:32 PM

Hi six. I’m sorry to hear about the relapse. Don’t do what I did and start drinking again for another 18 months.

sath79 12-02-2017 08:00 PM

Six. I've been trying to learn not to beat myself up for a relapse. Because my sponsor specifically suggested it was something I need to learn. I'm gonna trust her and all the good people of this community. Don't drink over it and c'mon back to November class. We are here for you!

Dee74 12-02-2017 10:32 PM

Six maybe it's time to listen to other people and not the negative self talk in your head?

you can make this a blip, not a prolonged slow motion trainwreck.

D

Delilah1 12-02-2017 10:38 PM

Hi Six,

I am so glad you came right back here and posted. Please don't beat yourself up, you can't change the past, just learn from it and move on.

When I was in early sobriety I had to avoid places with alcohol, now I am fine to be around it, but in the beginning it was just too hard.

What have you been doing for recovery besides SR? Can you think of something to add to your plan that might help?

tomsteve 12-03-2017 04:20 AM

Originally Posted by asixstringnut (Post 6694146)
I feel like I have a real bad case of the ---- it's.

asixstringnut

in some instances the F-its can be a good thing. i have read many many people here, and possibly without realizing it, get the F-its and get and stay sober-the F-its where it was an act of surrender. the F-its where it was,"i cant take this any more and cant do it on my own. i have to get help."

hope youre ready to surrender, get help, and get into action.

D122y 12-03-2017 07:03 AM

Six,

It got easier. The crave for the buzz gets weaker and weaker.

After 29 days clean, you are physically free. My mental addiction was very strong for months. The brain lost its ability to be happy happy w out booze.

It ca me back after about 6 months, but I work out alot. I believe that helps.

Seeing drunk people actually makes me not miss being drunk.

Talking loud, self absorbed, aggressive, over confident, slurred speech....so sad and pathetic to me now.

Thanks.

Dee74 12-03-2017 02:30 PM

Hows it going Six?

D

Hevyn 12-03-2017 02:34 PM

I'm here to see how you're doing, Six.