SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Newcomers to Recovery (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/)
-   -   Having a hard time lately. (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/417757-having-hard-time-lately.html)

anxiousrock 10-21-2017 03:06 PM

Having a hard time lately.

I was doing really well for a couple of months but then it all fell through.
I’m having a hard time staying sober and I really want to.
I feel depressed and anxious from blacking out. I’m sad because I failed. Same old same old.

LastDrop 10-21-2017 03:24 PM

Welcome back Anarock,
I know the feeling all too well. I absolutely hate the feeling of awakening the morning after a blackout. It turned into my own personal hell.

You have not failed though. You want to stay sober thats a big part. Get back up on the horse. You can do this.

anxiousrock 10-21-2017 03:29 PM

Thank you. I have been trying so hard and it always comes back to this. I feel horrible. This is why I wanted to stop.

ChloeRose63 10-21-2017 03:33 PM

Sometimes it takes alot of Day 1's to eventually get to the point where you have had enough. Don't get down on yourself. There will be a final Day 1 where you have really made the committment to stop drinking for good. Keep trying and making better recovery plans. You can do this!

anxiousrock 10-21-2017 03:38 PM

Originally Posted by ChloeRose63 (Post 6645190)
Sometimes it takes alot of Day 1's to eventually get to the point where you have had enough. Don't get down on yourself. There will be a final Day 1 where you have really made the committment to stop drinking for good. Keep trying and making better recovery plans. You can do this!

I’ve had so many day ones. I honestly hate this and I don’t want to keep starting over. I want to be better. It’s so depressing to know this disease is beating me.

LastDrop 10-21-2017 03:40 PM

It always comes back to this for me too. I kept convincing myself that I can drink and get away with it but in my heart I know the truth.

If I stay sober then I wont have to try and get sober again. But it is difficult since I have not been sober the majority of my life. At this point I just gotta try to make it to bed tonight sober.

I can deal with tomorrow when it gets here.

anxiousrock 10-21-2017 03:51 PM

Originally Posted by LastDrop (Post 6645208)
It always comes back to this for me too. I kept convincing myself that I can drink and get away with it but in my heart I know the truth.

If I stay sober then I wont have to try and get sober again. But it is difficult since I have not been sober the majority of my life. At this point I just gotta try to make it to bed tonight sober.

I can deal with tomorrow when it gets here.

That’s exactly how I feel right now.
I hate blackouts. I hate knowing I messed up.

Dee74 10-21-2017 04:33 PM

Hi Anarock :)

what exactly were you doing to stay sober? did you have a plan?

D

anxiousrock 10-21-2017 04:47 PM

At first I was going to AA 3 times and week and then I stopped going. Relapsed close after.
I know I need to keep going but I’ve been so busy.