SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Newcomers to Recovery (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/)
-   -   Day 3 (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/414652-day-3-a.html)

Lucmye 08-19-2017 10:03 AM

Day 3

I started drinking when I was 15....and I loved it from day 1. Now I'm 44 and I drink 8-12 beer daily. I'm still highly functional...but it's causing problems in my marriage. I'm 3 days sober and I just feel blah....not that I want a drink...I'm just tired, unmotivated, and don't want to do anything. I can tell my spouse is perturbed by my sitting around reading all day...but this is keeping me from drinking. Just wondering when my energy will return?

ChloeRose63 08-19-2017 10:08 AM

Give it a week. And eat healthy. Drink lots of water, tea, & juices. Your body and mind are healing so treat yourself as if you are sick.

Endoftheday 08-19-2017 11:55 AM

Keep going it will get better :You_Rock_

MissOverIt 08-19-2017 12:26 PM

I agree with Chloe- give it a week. I always felt closer to human after 5 to 7 days. Keep going and it just gets better and better. Then one day you actually wake up with a smile and genuine excitement for the day. 😃

axeman5971 08-19-2017 01:59 PM

5 days usually helps me.

Being overly fatigued, though, can be a sign of problems with your liver. Have you had bloodwork done recently? That amount of drinking over that length of time is likely keeping your liver in overdrive. I'd recommend seeing a doctor now to get a good status report, rather than only finding out if there's a problem once the really bad or irreversible symptoms show up.

Dee74 08-19-2017 05:41 PM

Hi Lucy - if you're like me and you drank for years it's gonna take a little while to get your energy back.

I hope you'll feel a little better at least by the end of the week.

You've made a great decision to stop - this is a good site to be on :)

D

Raverconvict 08-19-2017 06:29 PM

New, first time poster. I too am on my 3rd day. I am sweating bullets just sitting here typing. I feel you.

Hevyn 08-19-2017 06:32 PM

Hi Lucmye and Raverconvict. Yes, the first few days are very rough for us long time drinkers - but it all settles down.

I was very emotional, angry, resentful, and exhausted. Everything got better after a week or so - and much better after a couple of months. We go through stages - please don't be discouraged. It takes time to heal after all the abuse we've suffered. Glad you are here! Talking things over with those who understand really helps.

rascalwhiteoak 08-19-2017 07:46 PM

Hi Lucyme. The energy will return, but at three days I was being almost magnetically drawn to the bed, napping, resting ... Give it time and check in with the doc :)

Lucmye 08-20-2017 05:59 AM

Thanks for the support....day 4 feels much the same....anxiety.....wondering how I'm ever gonna love life again without alcohol. No more trips to the cabin or out in camper and you can forget dancing...lol..thinking I need to change my entire lifestyle. Sucks....cuz I like my life

axeman5971 08-20-2017 07:20 PM

Stick with the sobriety and you can learn to love those old favorites again, maybe even moreso, without drinking. Just give t time first.