Notices

Day 3

Old 08-19-2017, 10:03 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Day 3

I started drinking when I was 15....and I loved it from day 1. Now I'm 44 and I drink 8-12 beer daily. I'm still highly functional...but it's causing problems in my marriage. I'm 3 days sober and I just feel blah....not that I want a drink...I'm just tired, unmotivated, and don't want to do anything. I can tell my spouse is perturbed by my sitting around reading all day...but this is keeping me from drinking. Just wondering when my energy will return?
Old 08-19-2017, 10:08 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Friendly Folk

Give it a week. And eat healthy. Drink lots of water, tea, & juices. Your body and mind are healing so treat yourself as if you are sick.
Old 08-19-2017, 11:55 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Keep going it will get better
Old 08-19-2017, 12:26 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

I agree with Chloe- give it a week. I always felt closer to human after 5 to 7 days. Keep going and it just gets better and better. Then one day you actually wake up with a smile and genuine excitement for the day. 😃
Old 08-19-2017, 01:59 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

5 days usually helps me.

Being overly fatigued, though, can be a sign of problems with your liver. Have you had bloodwork done recently? That amount of drinking over that length of time is likely keeping your liver in overdrive. I'd recommend seeing a doctor now to get a good status report, rather than only finding out if there's a problem once the really bad or irreversible symptoms show up.
Old 08-19-2017, 05:41 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hi Lucy - if you're like me and you drank for years it's gonna take a little while to get your energy back.

I hope you'll feel a little better at least by the end of the week.

You've made a great decision to stop - this is a good site to be on

D
Old 08-19-2017, 06:29 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

New, first time poster. I too am on my 3rd day. I am sweating bullets just sitting here typing. I feel you.
Old 08-19-2017, 06:32 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

Hi Lucmye and Raverconvict. Yes, the first few days are very rough for us long time drinkers - but it all settles down.

I was very emotional, angry, resentful, and exhausted. Everything got better after a week or so - and much better after a couple of months. We go through stages - please don't be discouraged. It takes time to heal after all the abuse we've suffered. Glad you are here! Talking things over with those who understand really helps.
Old 08-19-2017, 07:46 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Hi Lucyme. The energy will return, but at three days I was being almost magnetically drawn to the bed, napping, resting ... Give it time and check in with the doc
Old 08-20-2017, 05:59 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Thanks for the support....day 4 feels much the same....anxiety.....wondering how I'm ever gonna love life again without alcohol. No more trips to the cabin or out in camper and you can forget dancing...lol..thinking I need to change my entire lifestyle. Sucks....cuz I like my life
Old 08-20-2017, 07:20 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Stick with the sobriety and you can learn to love those old favorites again, maybe even moreso, without drinking. Just give t time first.