SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Newcomers to Recovery (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/)
-   -   40 days! (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/413131-40-days.html)

Kksgal 07-23-2017 12:04 AM

40 days!

Hi everyone! I finally decided to come out of lurk mode! Today I am celebrating day 40 of sobriety! I am your typical almost 40 mom, a professional working woman who felt like that bottle of wine or that 6 pack was my treat for working hard. I also used it as a self medication, which also made my anxiety worse! Go figure! I decided to stop drinking after a 4 day getaway realizing I had drank a whole case of beer and had shots and it didn't seem to phase me. I should have been hammered! I was tired of being sick and tired! This has been like a roller coaster. I went through a high of excitement and I get bouts of "oh just 1 or 2 won't hurt" but then I know better than that! My husband has been a huge support! He never has had a problem but he stopped drinking too as a support system. I also read the book by Allen Carr which really helped! So here I am, thanks for reading my post! Oh and I just got back from a 7 day beach trip.....what a difference and how much more enjoyable it was to not be hungover!!!!

August252015 07-23-2017 02:42 AM

Hey Kksgal!
Glad you are here. I will turn 41 soon and spending my second bday in a row sober is amazing (I just passed 17 mo sober).

You already see so much that is different and better in your life (and it's wonderful that you have a supportive husband- my fiance is one of my bedrocks). Are you working a program? Now seems like a good time to add another level to your sobriety. For me, it's a dedication to AA, for others it's different (SMART, AVRT, etc) - and the common thing we all find is that a program of action, to do every day and that gives us tools and answers and new ways of thinking is key.

Best to you in sobriety- hope to see you post more!

tomls 07-23-2017 02:51 AM

Welcome! Sounds like you are off to an awesome start to a wonderful journey. It just keeps getting better! :You_Rock_

Kksgal 07-23-2017 04:51 AM

Originally Posted by August252015 (Post 6547322)
Hey Kksgal!
Glad you are here. I will turn 41 soon and spending my second bday in a row sober is amazing (I just passed 17 mo sober).

You already see so much that is different and better in your life (and it's wonderful that you have a supportive husband- my fiance is one of my bedrocks). Are you working a program? Now seems like a good time to add another level to your sobriety. For me, it's a dedication to AA, for others it's different (SMART, AVRT, etc) - and the common thing we all find is that a program of action, to do every day and that gives us tools and answers and new ways of thinking is key.

Best to you in sobriety- hope to see you post more!

I really don't have a program, I will check out the ones you mentioned today! Thanks for the input!!! 👍👍

tonggau 07-23-2017 05:17 AM

Welcome! Congratulations on 40 days! :You_Rock_

Upstairs 07-23-2017 06:34 AM

Congrats on 40 days!

FeelingL0st 07-23-2017 06:42 AM

Congrats on 40 days!
I'm just 4 days ahead of you.
Isn't this sober life, incredible.
I do agree with others to get involved with some program. It really does strengthen your sobriety.
For me it is AA
So happy you are here and sober with us

nova84 07-23-2017 11:56 AM

Sounds great Kksgal...congratulations on
40 days 💜

Wishing you well on the rest of your recovery journey x

Dee74 07-23-2017 07:21 PM

welcome to the posting side of things and congrats on 40 days kksgal :)

D