SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Newcomers to Recovery (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/)
-   -   Still here (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/412619-still-here.html)

Dim 07-12-2017 01:57 AM

Still here

So after my bust the other night I managed to contain it to just that night and come out the other end without having gone on one of my award winning benders. Other than a bit of fallout I feel relatively ok. Thank god.
Looking for some advice if anyone can help as to how to prevent a future lapse/relapse. After 10 months mistakingly thinking that I wouldny drop the ball again, it happened. How do I stay on top of this so it NEVER happens again.
As always, thank you for the wisdom xx

Dee74 07-12-2017 02:03 AM

I recommend a recovery plan Dim:

http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...ery-plans.html

Being prepared is, in my opinion, more than half the battle.

D

LastingChange 07-12-2017 02:57 AM

Originally Posted by Dim (Post 6534611)
So after my bust the other night I managed to contain it to just that night and come out the other end without having gone on one of my award winning benders. Other than a bit of fallout I feel relatively ok. Thank god.
Looking for some advice if anyone can help as to how to prevent a future lapse/relapse. After 10 months mistakingly thinking that I wouldny drop the ball again, it happened. How do I stay on top of this so it NEVER happens again.

Glad to hear you're back on track Dim! Well done on cotaining your slip - no easy feat and an accomplishment in itself. Every journey begins

LastingChange 07-12-2017 02:58 AM

Glad to hear you're back on track Dim! Well done on cotaining your slip - no easy feat and an accomplishment in itself. Every epic journey begins with a few first steps :-)

MidnightRider 07-12-2017 06:05 AM

Glad to see you here.
The fact that you are here is 100% on the right track!

Check Dee's post above...

doggonecarl 07-12-2017 06:50 AM

After 10 months mistakingly thinking that I wouldny drop the ball again, it happened. How do I stay on top of this so it NEVER happens again

Looking back at your post, it seems the relapse was precipitated by using cocaine....then drinking. And you are asking how to stay sober?

Stay clean. Was staying away from drugs part of your recovery plan? Had you separated alcohol use from drug use? I know I did. I came to SR seeking recovery for my alcoholism. I hadn't used in years. But when I relapsed, it was on drugs, which I thought wasn't a problem that I would encounter. But I found, once an addict, always an addict.

Clean and sober. Attain it and sustain it.

january161992 07-12-2017 08:56 AM

Thank god.

thats the ticket !

:tyou

Dim 07-12-2017 01:46 PM

Originally Posted by doggonecarl (Post 6534844)
Looking back at your post, it seems the relapse was precipitated by using cocaine....then drinking. And you are asking how to stay sober?

Stay clean. Was staying away from drugs part of your recovery plan? Had you separated alcohol use from drug use? I know I did. I came to SR seeking recovery for my alcoholism. I hadn't used in years. But when I relapsed, it was on drugs, which I thought wasn't a problem that I would encounter. But I found, once an addict, always an addict.

Clean and sober. Attain it and sustain it.

This couldnt be more accurate.
The drug use is all it took for my judgement to slip and take that damn first drink.. after that all control was lost. Lesson learnt. I'll always be a complete teetotaler to all substances because wuthout my judgement its inevitable that i'll go back down the rabbithole.

Thanks again SR peeps.
I love you guys x

SoberLeigh 07-12-2017 01:51 PM

The thread to which Dee posted a link is fabulous, Dim.

Glad that you are here with us.

Hevyn 07-12-2017 02:34 PM

Love you too, Dim. :) It definitely would have taken me longer to get back on track - very happy you are so determined. You're doing this!