SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Newcomers to Recovery (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/)
-   -   One week of sobriety today. (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/410232-one-week-sobriety-today.html)

herculana 05-26-2017 06:58 AM

One week of sobriety today.

This time last week I was hungover, scared, ashamed and WANTED OUT OUT OUT of my horrible many years long prison.

SOMEBODY! GET ME THE HELL OUT OF HERE RIGHT NOW!
I AM DYING!

Shaky, bruised (big black and blue shiner on my knee from God knows what the night before... so tender even the down comforter was painful against it) and... I was in that place of No Possible Way To Be Comfortable, no different position to lay down in, because.... the discomfort was in my very SOUL.

My spirit was so deeply hurt. My inner child was being completely neglected and left without good and present parenting.
Exactly as it was in my actual childhood. Deep neglect by a mother lost in her delusions and self medicating with alcohol... spinning wildly and terrifyingly out of control.

I have felt that wound over and over every single morning of being hungover. Thats a lot of my life reliving a past trauma... and adding more to it, i might add.

But ... I DON'T EVER HAVE TO FEEL THAT WAY AGAIN.
Thats an incredible truth. May I never forget how golden that truth really is.

DAY 7!

(Ariesagain, I wont clean the fridge today, I can't STAND that particular job, and its actually not too dirty at the moment. You do the fridge and I will do the dishes and hang up my clothes. PINKY SWEAR)

january161992 05-26-2017 10:58 AM

awesome great job!

Maudcat 05-26-2017 12:15 PM

Good work, herculana. Keep going.

Ariesagain 05-26-2017 12:21 PM

YOUR FIRST WEEK!!!!

HOORAY!!!

:funjump::dance4::nyc

P.S. I hate it, too. Let's both just hang up all of the clothes. I will also pick up all the dog toys and leashes. Deal?

Anna 05-26-2017 12:24 PM

This is fantastic, Herculana!

CreativeThinker 05-26-2017 12:40 PM

:c011:

herculana 05-26-2017 01:04 PM

I started today to clean, and am in the midst of it now. Its going very well. Started with hanging clothes and now its actually sorting through the things I will be getting rid of. Dishes are soaking in hot water and soap now.

I will tell you what... Yesterday and the early part of today were VERY tough going for me.

I really had to PUSH like the dickens through some sticky and persistent depression.
I am not used to DEALING with my emotions like that anymore, so every part of me wanted to just lay down and watch the Walking Dead all day.

But ... Something about this path of sobriety is giving me a determination I haven't seen in myself in years.

What can I say? Super Grateful.! (that should be a new superhero's name)

Karen22 05-26-2017 01:47 PM

Originally Posted by herculana (Post 6472684)
This time last week I was hungover, scared, ashamed and WANTED OUT OUT OUT of my horrible many years long prison.

SOMEBODY! GET ME THE HELL OUT OF HERE RIGHT NOW!
I AM DYING!

Shaky, bruised (big black and blue shiner on my knee from God knows what the night before... so tender even the down comforter was painful against it) and... I was in that place of No Possible Way To Be Comfortable, no different position to lay down in, because.... the discomfort was in my very SOUL.

My spirit was so deeply hurt. My inner child was being completely neglected and left without good and present parenting.
Exactly as it was in my actual childhood. Deep neglect by a mother lost in her delusions and self medicating with alcohol... spinning wildly and terrifyingly out of control.

I have felt that wound over and over every single morning of being hungover. Thats a lot of my life reliving a past trauma... and adding more to it, i might add.

But ... I DON'T EVER HAVE TO FEEL THAT WAY AGAIN.
Thats an incredible truth. May I never forget how golden that truth really is.

DAY 7!

(Ariesagain, I wont clean the fridge today, I can't STAND that particular job, and its actually not too dirty at the moment. You do the fridge and I will do the dishes and hang up my clothes. PINKY SWEAR)

Way to go Herculana! I'm right behind you - Day 5! You expressed exactly how I felt - so very sick of this poison! We don't have to ever feel this way again!

You rock Sisterfriend! 😎

Upstairs 05-26-2017 01:58 PM

Congrats Herculana and Karen! I hope you power through this holiday weekend as well!

tealily 05-26-2017 02:00 PM

Way to go, Herculana! You've accomplished so much.. keep it up! Not only have you helped yourself, but helped others. (Don't know if you saw my reply on your other post.. You have made a big difference for me already!) Hang in there! You've turned a corner!
:grouphug::grouphug:

herculana 05-26-2017 02:40 PM

:grouphug:Thanks Karen and Tealily <3

WE ARE DOING IT SISTERS!

Tealily... I did actually see that post from you and it got me weeping when I read i t. <3
:tyou

kenton 05-26-2017 03:04 PM

One week is amazing!! As is all the cleaning and sorting. As is pushing through the depression. Well done Herculana :)

I'm so glad you're having such a productive day and dealing with your emotions but I have to say... my husband and I binged watched 3 episodes of the Walking Dead the other night and we loved it!! I reckon I could watch it for a whole day no probs :)

Keep going Herculana, you're doing awesome xx

Dee74 05-26-2017 03:21 PM

Congrats on a week Herculana :)

D

Carlotta 05-26-2017 03:38 PM

Congrats on a week Herculana!
Keep up the good work, like you said: you don't ever have to feel that way again.

:hug:

fini 05-26-2017 07:21 PM

and how cool is that, herculana!
yay on one week!

SimplyFree 05-27-2017 04:14 AM

Nice Job! Keep going the first couple weeks seem to be the worst. Put some distance between you and that nasty prison!!