SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Newcomers to Recovery (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/)
-   -   Suicide.. (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/406290-suicide.html)

PhoenixJ 03-16-2017 04:05 AM

If you are reading- share with us.

Meraviglioso 03-16-2017 04:15 AM

Checking in again Marker, we care.

Acheleus 03-16-2017 04:40 AM

We all care about you. Please be good to yourself. Help is always available.

InApickle 03-16-2017 04:50 AM

Hi Marker,

It is a good thing you posted here and said nothing at all!!!

My guess is you are hoping that just one little spark of hope will somehow change something about how you're feeling but I can't be 100% sure of that!!!

All I can tell you from my side of the fence is the countless times I have tried to kill myself and failed!!!

I lost everything, I am homeless. I joined here in January homeless and am still homeless apart from house sitting for the past 3 months until the chap who owns this house is back from his holiday...
He asked me to look after his house as he was worried about being burgled, the reason he has never offered to let me stay before was because he knew I had an alcohol problem and suicidal!
But I guess he felt better that a drunk was in his house rather than no one and run the risk of a ransacked house when he got back!

Before I came to this house I was living outside, not in the streets but in the wild. I got enough money to drink my doing little jobs for family or people I knew (cut the grass, wash a car)

He is back in 4 weeks from now and I will be returning to where I came from, but this time sober!
It was here on this site that not only was their so many supportive people that I met someone I could talk to and be listened too!
Slowly I made one day of not drinking, this has turned into a month now!!!

So still I am in the position where I have lost everything but that no longer applies to my mind! Slowly I am growing and building up hope about the future again!

What has happened so far has been and gone, living in the past and trying to rectify any of it is impossible, I have spent a lot of my life doing that and I just couldn't find a way of changing it!!!

Yes their are help numbers and people you can talk too about how you feel, I did talk to them at times but what can they really do? I mean they can't climb inside you and start dealing with the mess and feelings inside your mind, they can offer advice and therapy yet they can not be by your side full time!!!

A suggestion I have and if you are in the same mess I was in and still am in to a degree is to try something totally different.
All you need is the clothes on your back and to be able to travel a few miles.

You get a bed and free food in return for usually around 4 hours of work a day 5 days a week, you can choose what you want to do according to your passions and interests.
Basically no one will know you and you can get some time out for yourself, put suicidal thoughts and actions to one side for now and try some different angles first!

https://www.helpx.net

Seren 03-16-2017 05:36 AM

Hello Marker,

Please don't go....I think we have all had really bleak and bad moments in our lives. There is always reason to encourage that spark of life! Read through all of these responses from people who care about you and what happens to you. Many of the people reaching out to you have been through just as much heartache and they have come out the other side. Please know you are not alone! :hug:

NewRomanMan 03-16-2017 06:10 AM

Don't do it, Marker. We need you. We all need each other! Please don't!!!!

Sportdeck203 03-16-2017 06:25 AM

Don't do it man, it always gets better.

thomas11 03-16-2017 06:41 AM

Don't do it man. Suicide is a permanent solution to a temporary problem. I hope you check in.

Ant73 03-16-2017 06:48 AM

Stay with us and talk about your problems if you need to , alcohol can make you feel very depressed. Keep chatting , things will get better. As above posters have said , ring for some help if yoi feel you can't carry on

Marker 03-16-2017 08:14 AM

I am very sorry for all the troubles and worries I´ve caused, thanks for alle the messenges, it`s really touching and I don`t know what to say really. I ended up just falling asleep, being completly drunk and I will seek help, I need to find a way out of this misery. Thank you.

Ekohe 03-16-2017 08:17 AM

Thank you. Thank you for letting us know you're okay. Thank you for deciding to seek help. Thank you for living, you are a blessing on this planet, every life is sacred.

thomas11 03-16-2017 08:18 AM

Originally Posted by Marker (Post 6369427)
I am very sorry for all the troubles and worries I´ve caused, thanks for alle the messenges, it`s really touching and I don`t know what to say really. I ended up just falling asleep, being completly drunk and I will seek help, I need to find a way out of this misery. Thank you.

Thanks for checking in and glad your still with us. Dude, many of us on this site have been very very low in our lives and have turned it around completely with sobriety. You can to. Reach out for support, buckle down and take care of yourself and start rebuilding a day at a time.

Bobbieka 03-16-2017 08:23 AM

Marker, so glad you are here. It really will get better. One day at a time. Hugs.

When I tried to commit suicide, my daughter wasn't speaking to me, my older son was angry with me and my husband had already left. Then my best friend told me she was done with me. Well, today, after months of working on my recovery, those relationships are healing and actually thriving. Be grateful for today, breath, and don't drink.

MrsLecter 03-16-2017 08:24 AM

I only just joined this site but I'm glad you came back and are seeking help. However terrible things are right now, there is a big chance that it will change - hold onto that and talk here anytime you need to.

Sober4mdtoday 03-16-2017 08:27 AM

Hey Marker, life does completely suck sometimes. You'll feel alone, depressed, embarrassed, tired, ashamed. You'll feel hopeless. I've experienced enough of these feelings to last 10 lifetimes.

However, I try to remember this quote by Victor Hugo, “Even the darkest night will end and the sun will rise.” And I've learned.....it does

Hang in there.

FBL 03-16-2017 08:57 AM

Thanks for staying with us, Marker! I know what it's like to not want to live anymore. I believe my drinking was a slow form of suicide. The good news is, we CAN and DO recover and we find that life is very much worth living.

Ant73 03-16-2017 09:44 AM

Originally Posted by Ant73 (Post 6369294)
Stay with us and talk about your problems if you need to , alcohol can make you feel very depressed. Keep chatting , things will get better. As above posters have said , ring for some help if yoi feel you can't carry on

You will do trust me , I've been there before a few times .You wouldn't be on this site if you didn't want help . I'm a newbie but from what I see there's a lot of caring people on here who do genuinely care and know a little of what you're going through. You'll get through it but please if you have those thoughts get some help . You realise when you stop drinking how life and the people around you are so precious and life is worth living. . You don't need alcohol in your life to be happy . I spent 12 happy years without it , unfortunately I had a relapse but I'm on top of it and have a meeting this evening. Take it easy. Tony

emme99 03-16-2017 09:57 AM

I'm sorry I am seeing this late Marker but I am really glad you are here and are going to seek help.

SoberLeigh 03-16-2017 10:33 AM

So relieved to hear from you, Marker, and that you will seek help.

Hope you stick around SR; it is a truly a wonderful place for support, encouragement and understanding.

Many, many of us here will say to you that seeking sobriety was one of, if not THE, best thing they have ever done for themselves. We are here to help you along the way.

Stay with us, Marker.

DontRemember 03-16-2017 12:27 PM

Thanks for checking back in,Marker. Again..I'm not really religious BUT, I prayed for you again this morning at my meeting. I actually read from the big book at the meeting and ironically, it was about "Employers".. I had NO idea what it was going to say, as I have yet to read the book..but it hit home for me.
http://www.aa.org/assets/en_US/en_bigbook_chapt10.pdf
Linked with the permission of Alcoholics Anonymous World Services, Inc.

Again...I thought of you.. Stay with us, Brother!