SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Newcomers to Recovery (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/)
-   -   Alcoholic (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/40092-alcoholic.html)

Gina111 10-07-2004 03:14 PM

Alcoholic

Hi Everyone,
I hate that I'm checking in here. I'm a disgusting alcoholic and have been drinking since I was about 16 years old. I don't like myself right now and so will quit talking and read around. Thanks for listening.
Gina

Sandy Marie 10-07-2004 03:58 PM

Hey Gina,
Welcome to SoberRecovery. It's good to have you here and hope to hear more from you.
Sandy

lulu70 10-07-2004 04:03 PM

Hello Gina--and welcome in SR! I can relate to how you are feeling. When I was drinking I felt disgusted with myself as well. Keep posting. Almost everyone here has been, or still is, where you are.

Hugs--

Gina111 10-07-2004 04:18 PM

Thank you, I'm very alone now. My boyfriend went off to work. Thank you for helping me.

Gina

Chy 10-07-2004 04:26 PM

Hi Gina and welcome! You'll find a great deal of support here, and hopefully a solution. Scroll around and visit the various forums, post wherever you like and you'll see it can be done. Your an alcoholic, and nothing more. No self bashing allowed okay? I know how you feel, we've all been there! Start today, and go it one day at a time, and begin to love yourself for who you are and realize, you just a little sick, and worthy to be a part of life. We look forward to seeing you often!

Anna 10-07-2004 04:27 PM

Hi Gina,

Welcome! I'm Anna, recovering alcoholic and it's pretty hard to like yourself when you're an addict, isn't it? I'm glad you found us because you can regain control of your life. We're here to offer support and encouragement.

Love, Anna

TorontoGuy28 10-07-2004 05:12 PM

Welcome Gina.. I am a 29 year old alcoholic. You are not alone.. Please keep posting and sharing on this forum

terry b 10-07-2004 06:24 PM

Welcome Gina, I know how you feel, I have been on a thirty year drunk and I am just now starting to see the wreckage that it has caused. Like TorontoGuy28 said, you are not alone. we have been there. Keep in touch, Terry.

Gina111 10-07-2004 06:24 PM

Ohhhh. I was afraid to come back here. I've got to quit drinking or I'm gonna turn into a pickled peeps. I can't believe I told you and you know who know what I am.
:rohno!:
Gina

OVERIT 10-07-2004 06:30 PM

Gina, we are all the same. We are all alcoholics and ashamed of it. But you can beat it.

Welcome

:fest30:

2dayzmuse 10-07-2004 06:35 PM

It's alright Gina. I'm a disgusting alcoholic too, that's why I quit drinking. I couldn't stand doing that to myself any longer. You can take back control of your life, by not drinking. You can do it. Just take the initiative and follow through, then reap the benefits. I'm glad you found this site and I wish you the best of luck. Never give up the fight. You deserve a better life.

LeAnne

Gina111 10-07-2004 06:38 PM

ohhh...noones gonna beleive me. My freinds will laugh at me. :roflmao
thell say shes huggin the aa peeps. ohhhh.... :clown:

MDOLLY 10-07-2004 06:45 PM

Welcome Gina

WELL THE HARD PART IS OVER, YOU MADE IT HERE, NOW ALL YOU HAVE TO DO IS STICK AROUND. I JUST GOT HOME FROM A MEETING AND IT ALWAYS DOES ME A WORLD OF GOOD. NO ONE HERE IS ANY DIFFERENT - WE'RE ALL ALIKE AND THATS WHAT BROUGHT US HERE. BEST OF LUCK, SOBER IS A WONDERFUL WAY TO LIVE. MDOLLY :8a:

hopealwayz 10-07-2004 07:43 PM

Gina,
Being sober is wonderful. Stick around here and hopefully you will find things that touch you in a profound way. One day at a time you can achieve sobriety too.

jessicajo 10-07-2004 07:47 PM

((((((((((gina)))))))))))) Keep Coming Back, We All Love You!!!!

Chy 10-07-2004 08:34 PM

Us AA peeps are pretty darn cool... and sober! Tough noogies to them! Your what matters and how you feel and what you want to do to fix it. I'm a grateful alcoholic, someday you'll understand that too!

3legacy 10-07-2004 08:46 PM

I don't like myself right now and so will quit talking and read around.
Please Read This -
:ilu
WE LOVE YOU! And we will do it until you love yourself and then continue some more.

((((((((Gina)))))))) :grouphug:
Three Legs at one time a disgusting drunk Now sober because of Alcoholics Anonymous and its Three Legacies of Recovery Unity & Service.
:tri

Gina111 10-08-2004 04:25 AM

Ohhhhh. My head's killing me and my body's revolting. :headache: I hate myself for drinking. I have to quit drinking. I have to quit drinking. I have to quit drinking. I have to quit drinking. I have to quit drinking. :cloud
Today is DAY 1 for me. I'm nauseated to think about quitting.

Gina

michaeljoe 10-08-2004 04:41 AM

Hello Gina,
I've relapsed again----I'm starting Day 1 too. :skillet I know I'll be screwed.
MJ

lulu70 10-08-2004 05:00 AM

Hello Gina--Try not to think of it as quitting forever. That is just too overwhelming. Just don't drink today. If you have to, take it one hour at a time, or even one minute at a time. You can stay sober today. We are here for you.

Hugs--