SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Newcomers to Recovery (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/)
-   -   Resilience Weekender Thread 13-16 October 2016 (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/398951-resilience-weekender-thread-13-16-october-2016-a.html)

Dee74 10-12-2016 10:16 PM

Resilience Weekender Thread 13-16 October 2016

http://www.wilsoninfo.com/welcome/welcomeclipart16.gif

To The Weekender Thread for

13-16 October 2016

Hi and welcome to the Weekender Thread!

This is a place where anyone and everyone can come for support - especially over the weekend - but also right through the coming week as well.

All you have to do to join is post - we'd love to see you come aboard :

http://www.hungertorecover.com/3f50d...1d3dc5e08a.jpg

I've been struggling to put up another cabinet today - 2 hours in and not much to show for it LOL...but I'll get there in the end...

I've always been a bit stubborn lol :05:

Sometimes it's served me well - I've done a lot of things I'm proud of...

and yet other times, like with my addictions, it's not been such a help - at least not until I did a mind flip and started using my stubbornness to stay sober....

The same drive, the same resilience that once led me to brave a tropical storm and a 25 minute walk there and back to get booze now keeps me sober.

I'm glad I was ultimately able to harness that, as Maxwell Smart might say, for goodness instead of evil.

http://www.karentyrrell.com/wp-conte...-come-back.jpg

I wish you all courage, resilience...and the right kind of stubornness this weekend :c014:

D

Tetra 10-12-2016 10:18 PM

Shotgun!

Thanks for the lovely post Dee!

lunar 10-12-2016 10:20 PM

Thanks, Dee!

Great topic.

Congrats, Tetra!

SereneEdition 10-12-2016 10:40 PM

So happy that Thurs comes early down under. Thanks for starting us off Dee.

Good luck with your cabinet.

Dee74 10-12-2016 10:56 PM

I beat the cabinet :D

Tetra 10-13-2016 12:17 AM

It's always that bit easier to get out of bed on payday.
I'm having a large Americano and a bit of quiet time before the madness begins again.

Have a great day, friends!

Flossyteacake 10-13-2016 12:21 AM

I'm glad to be back on the weekender bus. I've been happily maintaining my sobriety, but I feel like I've not been sticking as close to SR over the past couple of weeks. There were even the odd days in there where I didn't log in all day. Part of it is because I've been busy with work, back to school, Mr Floss turning 40 (how did we get to be middle aged?! When did that happen?) ... life, I guess. I didn't like the way that the AV whispered a couple of sweet nothings about a glass on wine with a birthday dinner during our trip to the mountains. It was a good reminder of how vigilant I do need to be - to work on the addictive thinking, to not slip back into dodgy thought processes that lead down a path towards self-destruction. So I'm back to logging in daily. Occassionally posting (I aint much of a talker in real life, either). Learning, challenging, growing resiliant. Life's better this way. Yoga awaits this evening. I'm looking forwards to it. :)

Glad you showed the cabinet who's in charge, Dee!

Gilmer 10-13-2016 12:33 AM

I'm in.

Congratulations on the completed cabinet, Dee!

That's hilarious about the tropical storm (in a sad way, of course). :)

Zanna 10-13-2016 01:11 AM

...BOING....I'm in as well :) Well done on the cabinet Dee - I think after two hours, it would have out of the window followed by the air turning blue, if it was me :)

RedAndy 10-13-2016 01:27 AM

Great post Dee - previous me would have said the same Zanna - nowadays I find I keep my head with things and persevere. Well done on your completion Dee :You_Rock_

Definitely agree with the mind flip / drive and stubbornness / putting the all into staying sober and this new life that's been created, it's working wonders for me too.

Simplicity4114 10-13-2016 02:24 AM

I'm in for the weekend!

Lightning Bug 10-13-2016 03:45 AM

Here with bells on so loud you would think I was a jolly green Christmas elf!

Soberandhealthy 10-13-2016 05:05 AM

I'm in

happyandfree 10-13-2016 05:20 AM

I'm in for another sober weekend -
nice intro, Dee. It does take strength and resilience to get sober...it's hard, but possible. And with support from SR...it's possible to get through the tough times in the beginning.
Have a great day everyone!

Upward2Enlightenment 10-13-2016 05:36 AM

Count me in.

Della1968 10-13-2016 05:43 AM

Poop I will have to set an alarm to get shotgun now! But it will happen. I agree it takes less strength to stay sober than it did to withdraw every other day.

brynn 10-13-2016 05:44 AM

Congrats on shotgun tetra! :)

brynn 10-13-2016 05:45 AM

Yeah Della, I gave up on shotgun a long time ago!

Ruby2 10-13-2016 05:53 AM

Good morning and congrats on shotgun, Tetra.

Way to wrestle the cabinets into shape Dee.

Floss, i've been the same way of not logging in. Not checking in. It's had an impact. I'm going to make the effort.

I'm waiting for the train. Heading to work. Noticed the low pressure gauge in my car for the tires is lit so I'm low on air in one of them and hope it's not flat when I return. That would be a pain.

LBrain 10-13-2016 06:02 AM

first page!

Don't know if this counts... I got sober in the middle of winter. I was determined to go to 90 meetings in 90 days after rehab. We had another snow storm and it was nasty out there... Couldn't drive... I walked almost a mile in a foot of snow and slush to get to the meeting. I made up my mind I was going to do it. And I did.
It's interesting that my biggest fear was that what if only one other person was able to make it and they were really hurting. They'd be there alone.

We spent so many years doing everything we could to make sure we had our booze. Now is the time to make sure you do everything you can to help yourself stay away from it.