SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Newcomers to Recovery (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/)
-   -   One more time (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/396656-one-more-time.html)

Razorback 09-01-2016 08:01 AM

OK, found two SMART meetings midday that will work for me today.

Chanchiluv 09-01-2016 08:03 AM

Originally Posted by Razorback (Post 6117481)
OK, found two SMART meetings midday that will work for me today.

Awesome! Let us know how it goes. :-)

PurpleKnight 09-01-2016 01:15 PM

You can do this Razorback, welcome back!! :)

Dee74 09-01-2016 02:38 PM

Great stuff Razorback :c014:

Razorback 09-01-2016 07:59 PM

Meeting was great. And the Dr. apt I had earlier (It was about a hand issue, crucial to me as a musician) had a profound effect.

Razorback 09-02-2016 09:33 AM

Wow, I feel so much better today! Yesterday I sent off a project proposal I'd been meaning to put together for months. Whew. And the hand doctor said there's nothing wrong in particular, but I need to watch my diet, hydrate, and NO ALCOHOL the night before a performance. I didn't mention....lol

Today I'm going to work on another project, go for a walk, make some lists, and do another layer of cleaning/sorting around here. There is one direction I can go for a walk where there are boats (I'm near a marina) and no stores or restaurants...that's the way to walk. Just spent 15 minutes taking and organizing all my supplements.

It's one of those days where it feels like this is so simple -- to not take the first drink. On one hand, it's so simple. But 40 years of habits...

Soberwolf 09-02-2016 11:25 AM

Good job Razorback

Razorback 09-02-2016 11:37 AM

Something scary just happened, much like what set me off on the bender. It's a long story, but my misogynistic ex has gotten a bench warrant against me for not showing up for a civil case court date I knew nothing about. So cops showed up last week -- but now I think it wasn't for me.

Just now, I heard someone say my name outside my window. I have a fairly unusual name, so it can't be a coincidence. Anyway, now I'm shaking like a leaf, but I'm not drinking. I'm going to take a looooong shower. It could be a process server, very few people know where I live. The voice came right as I walked into the bedroom.

Anyway, shower, not drink. This is a big improvement in my behavior.

kinzoku 09-02-2016 12:24 PM

I'm glad that you are back, good for you! I am also very grateful for the reminder. I just hit a year and I am not without moments of weakness. Thoughts are with you.

Fly N Buy 09-02-2016 01:25 PM

Originally Posted by Razorback (Post 6119038)
Something scary just happened, much like what set me off on the bender. It's a long story, but my misogynistic ex has gotten a bench warrant against me for not showing up for a civil case court date I knew nothing about. So cops showed up last week -- but now I think it wasn't for me.

Just now, I heard someone say my name outside my window. I have a fairly unusual name, so it can't be a coincidence. Anyway, now I'm shaking like a leaf, but I'm not drinking. I'm going to take a looooong shower. It could be a process server, very few people know where I live. The voice came right as I walked into the bedroom.

Anyway, shower, not drink. This is a big improvement in my behavior.

Why don't you walk out and ask them what they want???
Fear drove me to drink, a lot. Not knowing for me is way worse than anything my brain can conjure up...........

Razorback 09-02-2016 01:39 PM

Because you don't answer to a process server. My ex sued me for $181,000, won, and sends a variety of process servers around (though I haven't had one in 2016 yet). A process server has to get you to answer to your name. This voice came right after I walked by blinds slanted so one could see me. I never answer the door unless I'm expecting someone.

Razorback 09-02-2016 01:41 PM

Anyway, the point is that I just treated myself to a nice hot shower and did not go out. Thus did not drink and now it's passed. I'm going to move when my lease is up, however.