SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Newcomers to Recovery (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/)
-   -   The Rhythm of the Weekender July 8th Part 1 (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/394135-rhythm-weekender-july-8th-part-1-a.html)

Upward2Enlightenment 07-08-2016 07:05 PM

Originally Posted by LBrain (Post 6036074)
My last wedding video :lmao

:lmao

Ruby2 07-08-2016 07:14 PM

Everyone is a comedian. Ha

Venecia, that's really interesting history and very sad in many ways.

Time to get little Miss in bed

Jsbodhi 07-08-2016 07:24 PM

SU- I'm watching " the quiet ones" right now.
I'll let you know if it's any good

happyandfree 07-08-2016 08:24 PM

Hi everyone. I've been watching The Americans all night. Season 3. It's really good and I'm really hooked on it. I get totally engrossed in it.
now I'm pooped and will read for a few minutes if I make it that long.
I'm so glad that tomorrow is Saturday. :) no big plans for the weekend.
Jane....stick around! Every one is welcome here. We get to know each other quickly.

Venecia 07-08-2016 08:32 PM

Originally Posted by happyandfree (Post 6036152)
Hi everyone. I've been watching The Americans all night. Season 3. It's really good and I'm really hooked on it. I get totally engrossed in it.

I suspected that would happen! It really got good in Season 3 and Season 4 is even better. Look forward to some rehashing with you, HaF!

Also look forward to GS's vacay photos. Hint.

saoutchik 07-08-2016 10:01 PM

Morning everyone

Tired this morning as I didn't get back from Crazy Golf until midnight

Jane8 nothing you posted here was wrong in any way. I always read your posts with interest as you are undergoing such a tumultuous time right now. Please reconsider as you are most welcome here and I want you to enjoy your vacation

It is daughter 1's wedding later today, I hope it stays dry. I will not be required to make a speech thank goodness but I have a brief one outlined just in case

Dee74 07-08-2016 10:25 PM

Have a great day Sao

Trees39 07-08-2016 10:31 PM

The thing I like most about this thread is people just post what's going on for them and no one really has to reply, they can if they want and a little conversation takes place and then someone else comes in with something totally unrelated.. I like the flow or non flow!

Some threads online continuously have users answering/commenting on the previous 10 posts - annoys me to be honest.

Weekenders is a little peace of calm for me as I can do as little or as much as I like.

Jane: as they say in New Zealand. 'It's all good' .

saoutchik 07-08-2016 10:31 PM

Thank you Dee

Trees39 07-08-2016 10:31 PM

Sao, what a big day for you and your family. Keep steady Eddie.

Trees39 07-08-2016 10:32 PM

Everyone .. Sao's name is not Eddie.

Melina 07-08-2016 10:33 PM

Hey all!

I'm in bed, it was a long and busy day!

I had a nice time with my family and even made it to a late aa meeting, one of my favorites of the week... Needed it. It's so great seeing the people I am walking this journey with, they lift my spirits!

The whole weekend I will be very busy. I'm working for a buddy at a street fair, slinging food. Should be fun but exhausting. 12 hour shifts outside Saturday and Sunday. But it's pretty amazing money so I'll deal with it :)

And then I have a tasting for a job, I have to cook and plate 6 dishes on Tuesday. In only three hours. From scratch, for restaurant quality food, that's insane. So I'm anxious about that. I have a lot of planning and prep lists to do.

So for all that and more, I must remain sober. So I can show up for my life and the opportunities. If I drink, the opportunities go away, my world shrinks to a couch sized spot where I blackout and still manage to do stupid stuff, feel like crap, feel sorry for myself, and become very physically ill.

I'm in bed sober and I'm going to be so thankful when I wake up sober.

One day at a time, that's how we do. Just wanted to get it all out in writing.

Bc of my recent relapsing, I miss myself and the progress I was making. Very easy to get in a rinse repeat cycle.

So I'll stay sober. And I'm glad you're all here for that.

Jane, stay here in Weekenders with us, we need everyone's stories and support! And we need to give support, too.

Xoxo

Behan 07-08-2016 11:31 PM

Morning all.

Best of luck for the wedding today Sao/ Eddie. Many congratulations to your daughter and her partner!

Weddings are boozy occasions. Let me assure you your entire family will be proud of you being there sober.

B

Behan 07-08-2016 11:33 PM

You are back on track Melina!

Behan 07-08-2016 11:36 PM

Originally Posted by ScrewdUpInDe (Post 6036060)
What's a good horror movie to watch?

My bank balance when I have to convert to Euros today!

I'm dying to see Witch. It Follows is very good.

B

Weasel1966 07-09-2016 12:03 AM

Originally Posted by Trees39 (Post 6036240)
The thing I like most about this thread is people just post what's going on for them and no one really has to reply, they can if they want and a little conversation takes place and then someone else comes in with something totally unrelated.. I like the flow or non flow!

Some threads online continuously have users answering/commenting on the previous 10 posts - annoys me to be honest.

Weekenders is a little peace of calm for me as I can do as little or as much as I like.

Jane: as they say in New Zealand. 'It's all good' .

"I can do as little or as much as I like." I always thought the same thing. We all acknowledge each other and the conversations is great here. I read far more than I comment.

And for those that feel the need to "keep up". Rubbish. :D Just go at your pace. Not the pace of the thread.

Weasel1966 07-09-2016 12:05 AM

Congrats Sao!!!!!! Is this the first weekenders wedding? Hmmm... I might have missed one previous but I don't think so...

ENJOY.

Weasel1966 07-09-2016 12:12 AM

Originally Posted by Jane8 (Post 6035884)
I just keep screwing up on this thread! And nobody really seems that interested in anything I post so I'm just going to stick to the 24's.
It seems like this group is pretty tight and know each other pretty well- as much as you can online anyway!

I wish you all well and I'm going to stay sober. I just don't feel welcome here.

Jane,

I am truly sorry you feel that way. You are important and if we did not respond as you wanted... Well thats kind of how this thread goes sometimes. It's a smaller cross section of the big board and not every comment after a post is about the preceding. It's a fluid conversation.

Absolutely NOTHING is meant by this. We just skip around a lot.

I agree with Melina... EVERYONE's story is important. Yours included.

Hope you change your mind and stick around. Glad you are not going to drink.

Check in soon here.

Ken

Weasel1966 07-09-2016 12:18 AM

Originally Posted by Jsbodhi (Post 6036000)
Neither tetra or SU did anything wrong.
Stop feeling bad you guys- I mean it.

People can come and go as they please- this group is more than welcoming to everyone at anytime and it's always been this way.
Never once have I seen anyone on weekenders be anything but nice.

You all make me very proud to know you. This is so true JS.

K

Weasel1966 07-09-2016 12:20 AM

HAHA Clearly my method of reading these things in reverse order has bit me on the arse this time. But I was always one to read the last chapter first. :D:D:D